• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2 won't play all the way.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I'm not sure where the right place is to post this, so I'll just put it here.

I've been having a problem with my copy of Kingdom Hearts 2. I started a new game and played it just fine up until I unlocked Atlantica. Then, when I tried going there, my game froze and my PS2 made this strange whirring sound. I thought, Okay, I don't care about Atlantica anyway because it's retarded. So I played it like normal. Went through all the worlds, including Timeless River, Halloween Town, and Space Paranoids. Then I got to Pridelands, and it froze.

Now, Lion King is my most favorite Disney movie of all time, so I'm definitely upset. I actually tried it on another PS2, and ran into the same problem. I also tried a different game(Persona 3 FES), and /it/ froze even worse than my KH2. At least with KH2 I was able to fight in battles.

My question is, has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you fix it if you did? If it was just KH2, I'd understand. But another game? And both mess up on both PS2s?

The only other thing I can think of is the memory card went bad.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor
I have not had this problem is does your disc have a lot of scratches on it?

Shade737

Silver Member
Hmmm wow well it could be your lens in the PS2 itself. You should get it serviced.

xx kairi xx

id say it was more ur ps2 messing up the games, not the games or memory card messing up the ps2. it could be an illegal copy? did you buy it over the internet? or the disc could have scratches on it, making the ps2 make that noise because its trying hard to read it. id get ur ps2 serviced or buy a repair kit for your discs if they are scratched.Its definitly not the game itself.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
maybe there is the slight chance something is wrong with both ps2's you played it on.

bittermeat

デザートタイ&#
Website
heartstation.org
I had the same problem with my KH1 disc. After completing the journal, I beat it so I could watch the secret movie right. Half way through the credits, it froze. I stopped it, cleaned everything, tried again, froze again. Fail all over the place.

What I did was went to the closest rental store, rented their copy of KH1, tried it and it worked fine. So I switched discs and returned the faulty disc to the rental store. :/ If you rent my jacked up copy, sorry ahead of time.

Wevvy

Hmm I've never had these problems. I doubt its the memory card.

What I did was went to the closest rental store, rented their copy of KH1, tried it and it worked fine. So I switched discs and returned the faulty disc to the rental store. :/ If you rent my jacked up copy, sorry ahead of time.
Wow. Thats Devilish, yet funny. xD

Shadowoftheday

I'm not sure where the right place is to post this, so I'll just put it here.

I've been having a problem with my copy of Kingdom Hearts 2. I started a new game and played it just fine up until I unlocked Atlantica. Then, when I tried going there, my game froze and my PS2 made this strange whirring sound. I thought, Okay, I don't care about Atlantica anyway because it's retarded. So I played it like normal. Went through all the worlds, including Timeless River, Halloween Town, and Space Paranoids. Then I got to Pridelands, and it froze.

Now, Lion King is my most favorite Disney movie of all time, so I'm definitely upset. I actually tried it on another PS2, and ran into the same problem. I also tried a different game(Persona 3 FES), and /it/ froze even worse than my KH2. At least with KH2 I was able to fight in battles.

My question is, has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you fix it if you did? If it was just KH2, I'd understand. But another game? And both mess up on both PS2s?

The only other thing I can think of is the memory card went bad.

Maybe your disc is just bad.

darkshadowsaver

Hmm I've never had these problems. I doubt its the memory card.

Wow. Thats Devilish, yet funny. xD

seriously i agree with you on that my kh1 has the same problem but all i did was just started a new game for it and it stopped. and the memory card had nothing to do with it. i had to clean the disk and made sure that there was no dust inside the ps2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back