• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH2FM+ English Patch

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Well since it will be another 4 months till BBS, I guess this person will save us from monotony. So I can't wait till he has it completed. This is about as close as we are going to get to an english KH2FM+

Main Site:
http://majik.comoj.com/main/

Forum:
Tha Bat Cave - Index

Youtube Page:
http://www.youtube.com/user/xCareyy

Project: Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix May 17, 2010

Posted by Majik in
==================================================================================
Im translating Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix.
As of now, this is only planned to be a partial patch. I don’t see much reason for a full patch, since the story is in, well, English. But that doesn’t count out all the cutscenes, I may translate the Final Mix exclusive ones. I haven’t decided yet.
Now, the major thing you’re gonna notice is…its in all caps.
Why? Because the game has no full set of lowercase font in it. And importing one is easier said then done when you don’t understand graphic formats well (and im not talking about the casual image formats). I may look back into fixing that at a later time. But that’s not such a bring-down. When I tested on my PS2 (not emulator) the font actually looked nice on a TV. Anywho, you will be able to navigate through the menu’s without any problem. Which is great for me since I would rage at the ability menu every time I would play.
I know we all like screenies! :O

…and videos!

YouTube - KH2FM English Preview">YouTube - KH2FM English Preview" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

UPDATE:
BETA english patch now out!! Buy the game off of play-asia please.

Many kudos to Evilman_89 and Iwantedtoexplode for BETA testing.
The results from the current patch are:

Game Crashes
1. When trying to pause the game when you are first able to open up the menu.
2. When trying to go into Configuration as Roxas (not sure if it's all the time but it does it when you go into the Menu during the start of the 3rd day)edit: found it it only happens in the Usual Place, strange.
3. Whenever you open a Treasure Chest and then open the menu (happens 100% of the time). You won't be able to open the menu unless you save the game after opening the chest and then load up the save. So that's a pretty ugly bug there.

So yeah, this is far from perfect. Don't use the patch if those are too big of problems for ya. If you find more crashes, post them up so I can fix them eventually.

Use ppf-O-Matic to apply the patch to your Japanese ISO.
Many kudos to Evilman_89 and Iwantedtoexplode for BETA testing.
The results from the current patch are:

Game Crashes
1. When trying to pause the game when you are first able to open up the menu.
2. When trying to go into Configuration as Roxas (not sure if it's all the time but it does it when you go into the Menu during the start of the 3rd day)edit: found it it only happens in the Usual Place, strange.
3. Whenever you open a Treasure Chest and then open the menu (happens 100% of the time). You won't be able to open the menu unless you save the game after opening the chest and then load up the save. So that's a pretty ugly bug there.

So yeah, this is far from perfect. Don't use the patch if those are too big of problems for ya. If you find more crashes, post them up so I can fix them eventually.

Use ppf-O-Matic to apply the patch to your Japanese ISO.
Go here:Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix

password: 7/1/2010 :3

Last edited:

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Doesn't? Why would you say such a thing!!?? In fact this patch might cause more imports

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Coincidently, I was just thinking about importing it.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wow, I didn't realise there wasn't one already. A BBS English patch came out so fast, didn't it?

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Except the fact that this is a game that will never be released outside of Japan. Basically we the fans are localizing it ourselves. This dude migth even do Kingdom Hearts Final Mix. Amazing what dedicated fans can do

Apollo

Silver Member
I rather just import the games. But it's pretty cool that he took time to do this.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
I'm going to import the game then rip it and input the patch then burn it to the DVD

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
haha oh paladin

Way to shoot down people's dreams Paly.

I hate you.

As long as it doesnt require piracy then the patch is fine. Thats what I was trying to say, I wish I could delete that message so that people shut up about what I said. Especially considering that I said something completely different in the other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back