• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3 gamestop preorder

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I need to rant. I have the PS4 preordered online from Gamestop. i called to verify, gave them my order number, and normally I don't complain about this sort of thing but they were out of country. It bothers me, because it didn't sound like any of the people I've spoken with were trained well enough. I asked first when to expect a charge for the PS4 Pro Bundle because I wanted to see if I would be able to pay for the whole purchase on the 18th when I get paid again. The first person I spoke with told me they would withdraw the money a week before the item releases. That would put it at the 22nd. I get an email the other day saying that they tried to take out money but couldn't (it's not there yet) so I called again and this guy tells me it tried to take out money already because one of the items from the bundle was already available so it was "testing" to see if the money was in there. I tell him about the 18th again and he says it should be fine, it's just because of the "test" and the pop mystery box being "ready". I ask him if I should be concerned that it's going to cancel my order and he says it should be fine. I still feel unease so I reply to the email about further support and make sure to include my discomfort with the somewhat conflicting information I've received. This was the response, mind you I'm still getting miffed that apparently I can't be given someone with decent grammar or who is even native to the language:

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for contacting GameStop. I'm sorry for the delay response.

You can request put a hold on your order just to prevent it doesn't got canceled.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further help,

Eduardo M. C104925
GameStop Guest Care.

So I asked if I can put on a hold or set up a post dated payment for the 18th so I can make sure since it's only a week away and don't want to lose the ps4. I thought we were done with the whole outsourcing support thing from American institutions but with support like this it's no wonder Gamestop has been having issues lately. :/

Fatal Mode

On my order it says it will be charged when they ship it. So it seems like it can vary a bit.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
On my order it says it will be charged when they ship it. So it seems like it can vary a bit.

That's what I'm hoping and expecting after the first guy I spoke with. I could see it taking around a week to properly ship and the weekend. That's how Square used to do it, but they took money out for the KH3 Deluxe in December so IDK. After the 18th everything is GOLD but until then I have to live in a state of constant panic that they're going to diddly something up until I get that sweet sweet payment confirmation. I CAN'T MISS THIS ONE!!!!!!!!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. I have words. Many of them would get me in trouble if I said what I know.

I will say I would never EVER recommend calling customer support. Always go for their online support which is handled by staff in NA.

I had a similar issue this month where I called about another item I ordered but wanted to cancel and the support rep almost tried canceling my Pro. I like freaked out and told them not to cancel anything and I'll deal with it all when it ships and arrives.

Like, I hated thinking it too because I've never had issues with outsourced customer service before, but...yeah GS has horribly undertrained CS staff out of country.

I don't know your situation and how free your disposable income is, but honestly pulling from any saved funds and having it ready at any time on the card you used is the best solution I can give.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. I have words. Many of them would get me in trouble if I said what I know.

I will say I would never EVER recommend calling customer support. Always go for their online support which is handled by staff in NA.

I had a similar issue this month where I called about another item I ordered but wanted to cancel and the support rep almost tried canceling my Pro. I like freaked out and told them not to cancel anything and I'll deal with it all when it ships and arrives.

Like, I hated thinking it too because I've never had issues with outsourced customer service before, but...yeah GS has horribly undertrained CS staff out of country.

I don't know your situation and how free your disposable income is, but honestly pulling from any saved funds and having it ready at any time on the card you used is the best solution I can give.

I don't have that much funds yet, only 200 saved for the pro. The other 340 for the bundle was going to come from the 18th. Even the 17th at around 10 pm when it gets deposited. Ive been emailing them and I'm not getting good grammar or a straight answer.

wolfshadow0118

Actually, not to go into details, but I did digital correspondence for a job but then all member services, including online support got out.sourced. so that first part is not necessarily true in some cases.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Actually, not to go into details, but I did digital correspondence for a job but then all member services, including online support got out.sourced. so that first part is not necessarily true in some cases.

Either way I'm furious lol. I got another email saying they failed to charge even though I was expecting another correspondence so I replied AGAIN that I need them to hold it until the 18th. The problem is the ambiguity of the email, it doesn't say how long I have to try and fix the order before they might cancel it on their own. It just says if I want to cancel it to reply with cancel. If that means I can wait as long as I want to fix it then I will be good. My problem is everyone I know is either as broke as I am until pay day or is unwilling to help even though I will be able to give them the money back at 10 30 PM CST. It's so frustrating. I'm willing to drive to an ATM and withdraw the money that night to give whoever would help me! I'm gonna wallow for the rest of eternity if I miss this ps4. T_T

SoulXaldin

Awards
This is why I’m pretty hesitant to preorder from GameStop. Back then, I used to get all my stuff from them. But ever all this recent stuff with bad press and sales and talks about the company possibly shutting down, I don’t feel relying on them too much for my gaming needs these days (save for the occasional PSN card or cheap pre-owned game).

So I just want to know: from what retailer should I pre-order KH3 from? Will pre-order bonuses be different for each retailer?

LostArtist

Awards
This is why I’m pretty hesitant to preorder from GameStop. Back then, I used to get all my stuff from them. But ever all this recent stuff with bad press and sales and talks about the company possibly shutting down, I don’t feel relying on them too much for my gaming needs these days (save for the occasional PSN card or cheap pre-owned game).

So I just want to know: from what retailer should I pre-order KH3 from? Will pre-order bonuses be different for each retailer?

There was no other choice for him cause the ps4 pro is exclusive to them, rip

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
UPDATE! I finally got two straight answers. One says it's on hold, another says paying by the 17th should be fine. I'm still wary but hopefully it all goes well. Personally, I preordered this game 3 times. Once digitally on PSN for the theme and playability at 11 PM my time on the 28th (also for a second copy so me and my wife can play at the same time but that was lower on the priority scale), once physically from Square for the Deluxe Edition with Bring Arts figures (which went extremely smoothly), and the last from Gamestop for the exclusive PS4 Pro bundle. I didn't want the bundle, but it was all that was left. I did want the mystery box, but I already had it preordered from them so now I have to get up there and cancel it at some point since the ps4 will be arriving at my house. My preferred order here is Square, PSN, Amazon, Gamestop.

Back