• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kh3 Interview

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

JTD95

Has anybody posted this yet? Close if it has...

Kingdom Hearts 3 in NOT in Development Yet

While we're short on information about the newly revealed Kingdom Hearts 3DS, it would seem it is not a port but a new game. However, it is not "Kingdom Hearts 3."

In an interview earlier today, we asked Nomura about the state of 3, and whether it would even be on a console, given the Kingdom Hearts series' recent stint on handhelds.

Nomura replied, "If there will be a Kingdom Hearts 3 in the future, it will probably be on a console platform, but the thing is that there is the idea and desire to create Kingdom Hearts 3, but the opportunity has not come yet."

"I'm under pressure from fans, from Disney, and from the internal Square Enix team as well, because they're all awaiting Kingdom Hearts 3. So I'm aware of it, and I don't hide my desire for one day creating a Kingdom Hearts 3 in the future."

As for the reason why the timing for developing Kingdom Hearts 3 has not come together, Nomura explains: "The problem is that the major staff that had contributed to the Kingdom Hearts development is very busy right now developing Final Fantasy Versus. And the new development team who was in charge of creating Birth By Sleep is also busy creating Kingdom Hearts 3DS. So, the timing is not here yet, but when the time has come, for sure we will try to elaborate the concept."

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back