• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D 10th Anniversary Box Contents Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BagelBreath

Awards
I'm fine with the postcards, case, and DDD, but really disappointed with the inclusion of RE:Coded and Days.
Not getting it.

I like post cards. They're like mini-posters. I have a FFXIII, KH Days, and some Star Ocean post card I got for free from SE. It was from their thing that's like Club Nintendo.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm kinda getting the 3DS to get Theatrhythm as well, but otherwise it's just going to be as a collector's item and for playing JP KH3D :3

Thea-what? Is that abomination even a true word? Lol.
Collector's item, I see. Well, I am not that much into KH then but if the box is released overseas I might save up for that in order to get DDD and those shiny cards with it.
If it remains Japan-exclusive, screw it.

It's just wishful thinking on my part, but I'd love a Sony 10th Anniversary box for the series with PS3/PSV versions of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix +, and the mystery game which still hasn't been revealed (assuming it was on a Sony platform) although the likelyhood of that happening is pretty low.

That wishful thinking can be held up until there's definitely a confirmation that there is no more stuff for the anniversary, so I won't rule it completely out yet.

That's not the point. The point is these games are multiconsole. Instead of focusing on the Nintendo part, they could have released artbooks or something.

Unreleased content, concept sketches, the original 20 worlds, exclusive interviews with the people who worked on the games etc.

Obviously I'm not going to buy it. It's obviously a waste of money imo, however I'm still allowed to express my disappointment that the first Anniversary gift they present to us is... well, this.

As far as I know none of the nintendo titles is multiconsole, but I'll go along to assume you mean the whole series. ;)
Like I said earlier, a shiny big artbook and possibly a big Ultimania covering the whole series so far would have been my ultimate satisfaction, but I didn't expect them to do something like that.

You said it yourself there, the first anniversary gift, lol.
Still, I had sometimes really the impression here that people were taking a possible "HD"-collection of the Sony-titles being an anniversary thing for almost granted...
It's fact that DDD is a nintendo title and since they include it in that box (which may also serve, as I pointed out earlier, marketing purposes), the step to include the other Nintendo titles in it is logical.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
You said it yourself there, the first anniversary gift, lol.
Cause if I didn't, you guys would have said "They will have more to do."

Still, I had sometimes really the impression here that people were taking a possible "HD"-collection of the Sony-titles being an anniversary thing for almost granted...
I wasn't fully expecting that, but with the announcement they were doing HD technical demos, they made it seem highly likely ;~;

It's fact that DDD is a nintendo title and since they include it in that box (which may also serve, as I pointed out earlier, marketing purposes), the step to include the other Nintendo titles in it is logical.
Of course it's logical, but it's also annoying.

Still, I'll say this. If it does get released in US/PAL/EU, I might trade in those games to lower the costs and extinguish my anger.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Since COM is impossible to include I expect it to be a download title sometime this year.

BagelBreath

Awards
As far as I know none of the nintendo titles is multiconsole

Chain of Memories was originally released on the Nintendo Gameboy Advance, and later remade for the PS2.
The original Coded is a Japanese exclusive mobile phone game was was later remade for the Nintendo DS.
These aren't really multi-console games, but the re-makes have been done on other consoles. :p

I would also like to know if it has been confirmed that there would be more anniversary gifts later on.
Are we just assuming there's more to come, or has it been officially stated? :S

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Cause if I didn't, you guys would have said "They will have more to do."
Touché. ^__^

It's not completely unbased though to assume that there will be more maybe exactly because that one is Nintendo-exclusive stuff.

I wasn't fully expecting that, but with the announcement they were doing HD technical demos, they made it seem highly likely ;~;
I see your point.
There's still a slight chance there will be something, but it doesn't have to be exactly for the anniversary, that's what I meant.

Of course it's logical, but it's also annoying.

Still, I'll say this. If it does get released in US/PAL/EU, I'll have to trade in those games to lower the costs and extinguish my anger.

Fair enough.

If it comes over to Europe, I'll probably get it.
I do own Days and Re: Coded, but got both together very cheaply for around 30 Euro, so it isn't so harsh cost-wise. :D

MadasaHatter

What I don't get is that they're celebrating the release of the FIRST game by including games that came out a few years ago. I would have thought that it would at least have had something to do with the first game. If not, why even call it an anniversary box if it's only about the latest games, not the one that started all?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
What I don't get is that they're celebrating the release of the FIRST game by including games that came out a few years ago. I would have thought that it would at least have had something to do with the first game. If not, why even call it an anniversary box if it's only about the latest games, not the one that started all?

It's the anniversary of the series, not the first game alone.
So it's more like the anniversary stuff has something to do with the series as a whole, which they more or less incorporate by the cards that will visually give an overview over the whole story so far.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
-Two of the crappiest DS games (not just KH, but DS in general)
-Two of the crappiest KH games
-Both of them, btw, are Ultimate Hits budget titles ($34 each)
-Absurdly overpriced - the game itself will cost $70, and with the two games, a total of $140. So, what? Is the additional $50 for the postcards? Yeah. Square Enix? Go to hell.

See what I mean about the rage.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
I get the feeling you guys would rage no matter what was in it, unless it was an HD remake of every fucking game in the series...

I'm happy that Square decided to do anything at all with the 10th Anniversary.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I get the feeling you guys would rage no matter what was in it, unless it was an HD remake of every fucking game in the series...

I'm happy that Square decided to do anything at all with the 10th Anniversary.

Hah, Souji, I totally agree with that one, lol.

Yea, at least they didn't do just an announcement/interview and offered some stickers.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
This is fine for the Nintendo KH stuff, but I think they should do something for the Sony stuff later in the year, like an HD collection of KH1 FM, Re:COM, KH2 FM, and BBS FM for PS3.

Shadow Key

I feel like a faithful wife who has been staying with their bastard husband for 10 years regardless of his heavy drinking, multiple women and gambling issues, thinking there will be something good out of it eventually and I'll feel like I did in the honeymoon stage.

At this rate, KH3 will be released on Xbox, just to fuck with us.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
See what I mean about the rage.

The rage is a bit much, but as for the complaints themselves he's not THAT offbase.

Eh. Since it always going to be a 3DS bundle we couldn't have expected much more. An artbook is probably TOO optimistic. That said, even if I didn't already have a 3DS or any of the games, I still wouldn't buy it. Days is terrible, and I have no interest in playing re:coded. KH3D could be ok but we honestly have no idea that at this point. I hope the postcards have nice art on them at least.

Last edited:

satria222poxy

The 10th anniversary box is a JPN exclusive rite?

I really don't mind what the contents of the box, except for the 3DS Cover Case & the postcards.
(If only the cover case becomes a separate release, just like the KH DSi Cover Case)

I'm just now hoping for a KH 10th Anniversary Ultimania.

jmartin912

Can people in a different country pre-order the bundle? I live in america and I'm saving up to buy it :D

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
The 10th anniversary box is a JPN exclusive rite?

I really don't mind what the contents of the box, except for the 3DS Cover Case & the postcards.
(If only the cover case becomes a separate release, just like the KH DSi Cover Case)

I'm just now hoping for a KH 10th Anniversary Ultimania.

At this point, yes.

I'm sure a 10th Anniversary Ultimania will likely pop up around May or so. Even if it just ends up being a more extensive version of the Series Alpha Ultimania, it'll still be nice to see.

Can people in a different country pre-order the bundle? I live in america and I'm saving up to buy it :D

Various sites are bound to have them available for preorder before long, so just keep your eyes peeled for that, or alternatively just keep an eye on the updates I do, seeing as I tend to keep an eye on merchandise stuff ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back