• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D 10th Anniversary Box Contents Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I just bought Days.And why? Why postcards? Really? Lithograph would have been fine.

What a lame Anniversary box :'(

I can't help but agree more. Call it rage if you want, but it is extremely understandable for all of us fans to be quite mad at this box. Not because we aren't appreciative or because we don't want it, but the reason we have a right to be mad is because this box contains stuff we do honestly want (postcards, cover) but the only way we can get these items are to pay for 2 games that we will already have, thus forcing us to waste money. What makes it worse is that if a collector, like myself, wants the limited edition 3DS system which comes with the DDD game, then we are wasting even more money getting a second DDD as well as a second Days and Re:Coded.

That case is extremely nice. I was unable to get the limited edition DSi, so I got this case instead, and I have to admit, this case is REALLY nice, and feels very sturdy. I hope the DDD one is something like this.

I can understand some people being reasonably upset over this due to the fact that many of the people who are even aware of this Anniversary box probably already own or have played Re:Coded and Days.

Exactly. This box targets the big and dedicated KH fanbase. Most casual gamers probably do not even know this anniversary box exists. However, it is that same dedicated fanbase that will already have Re:Coded and Days, and already has plans to buy DDD (possibly with the bundle). This box is is giving most people an ultimatum: buy DDD with the box or the limited edition bundle.

This will be for completist, which I am most definitely not. So me, I'm not getting it. Even if it was released here in NA(actually I might be inclined to get it haha, idk)

I am a completionist, and this box is a huge factor for my collection considering it celebrates the 10th anniversary of my favorite game. However, I wanted to get the limited edition 3DS, and I already wouldn't play the Jap. one (I want to fully understand the game on my first playthrough so I wait for NA release, and at that point, why would I ever play the Jap. game since I have the English one). However, for the limited edition console, I'd be willing to get the game with it and just not open it. However, I do not want 2 of the same game that I will never play (1 with console, 1 with box). My only hope now is for someone on Ebay to sell this box without any of the games in it (which I believe will definitely happen).

Would you like some cheese with that wine? If you've already played those games already then don't buy it.

That isn't the point. If the box was just games, then sure we wouldn't buy it. However, the box is coming with exclusive stuff that to the best of our knowledge, only will come with the box at this point, and we want that stuff. However, I do not want to get 3 games I won't play for a couple postcards and a case (which I'm scared will be too nice not to buy).

I wasn't fully expecting that, but with the announcement they were doing HD technical demos, they made it seem highly likely ;~;

I don't see why people ever expected an HD release with the game. I fully agree that anyone who was expecting that was setting themselves up to be let down.

Wow, people are raging over this.

Yes, because people are passionate about this game, and they feel like this deal isn't thought out well. At this point, if a US collector wanted all the exclusive merchandise and the game. They would have by the end of this game being released:

- 1 Limited Edition DDD 3DS
- 3 copies of Dream Drop Distance (1 US; 2 Jap.)
- 2 copies of 358/2 Days (1 US; 1 Jap.)
- 2 copies of Re:Coded (1 US; 1 Jap.)
- postcards
- limited edition case
- special Dream Eater AR marker

If you look at what one will be getting, I don't know if it seems worth it to buy all the stuff. I do not want to have 4 extra games just laying around my house that will have a retail value of over $100 that is essentially wasted on games SE could have just chose to not release in the box. I think it would have been smarter if SE released the box, and then also released a separate Nintendo 3-pack with the 3 games.

I get the feeling you guys would rage no matter what was in it, unless it was an HD remake of every <small>kupo!</small>ing game in the series...

I'm happy that Square decided to do anything at all with the 10th Anniversary.

I'm happy too, and even though it seems like I'm raging, I'm not raging because I think the box is bad or not worth it (my collection is very large, so and additions are welcome and great), I'm just PO'd that I might have to get multiple copies of the same game which I won't play just to get the merchandise.

You people had way to high expectations.

To those who wanted an HD remaster, yes, they expected too much.

However, specify "you people" because it sounds like you are targeting all the ragers, and let me tell you, I do not think I ever had high expectations. In fact this box is coming with more than I thought it would just because it comes with a case on it. I was expecting postcards, some art from the game, and maybe a little note, but that's it.

whisperingspirit

Awards
I really hope this box comes out over here. I don't own Days or Re:Coded so this bundle would be an awesome item for me to get ^^ Of course, I understand the frustration of people who already own them. :/

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
As great as this bundle is, I'll have to pass on it.

I'm not too worried about any of this, personally. :D

sdr08

theres going to be a HD remaster guys, almost bet money on it, and im going to say for the Vita/PS3, that way we could play the whole series on the 3DS and Vita. I Don't think thats all for the anniversary, lets wait for E3

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
theres going to be a HD remaster guys, almost bet money on it, and im going to say for the Vita/PS3, that way we could play the whole series on the 3DS and Vita. I Don't think thats all for the anniversary, lets wait for E3

E3 would be when they would say somthing about it, but by that time people would rather want to hear about KH3 delveopment

Gram

Banned
Awards
aahh :I recoded, days and 3d....that...thats a let down to me....oh well.....

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I don't see why people ever expected an HD release with the game. I fully agree that anyone who was expecting that was setting themselves up to be let down.
I just wanna make it clear here that I wasn't 100% expecting a HD. In case people start calling me a "snobby stuck up HD Remake freak" as well as a "prick".

tumblr_lyhtxrUJ8Z1qc9yiv.gif

Do any of you guys think that the 10th anniversary logo is gonna shown in the DDD game?
(Just like CC:FFVII when it was FF7 10th anniversary)
Most likely in the start up screen when it says all the legal stuff.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards

CAN'T TELL IF LAUGHING OR YAY-ING

If there is one, it'd be nice to utilize the transfarring system between the Vita and PS3 like the Metal Gear Solid HD collection is. I want to fap over Namin - I mean, I want to play them while I'm in bed. Yeah. >> << >>

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
CAN'T TELL IF LAUGHING OR YAY-ING
Laughing maniacally. I couldn't find a Kefka laugh on google images :p

If there is one, it'd be nice to utilize the transfarring system between the Vita and PS3 like the Metal Gear Solid HD collection is. I want to fap over Namin - I mean, I want to play them while I'm in bed. Yeah. >> << >>
Omg I do that over KH 2 Mermaid Sora #joking.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Sheesh, why am I so late reading this? Any way...

Not what I would have expected for the 10th anniversary, but I'm ok with it. Really though it only benefits those who havn't also played Days and Recoded, which I have. Also I'd be fine with the postcards. I think I still have my Days ones around somewhere.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Square-Enix is soo retarded....like wow...if this is what they consider their anniversary celebration.

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY KH HD FINAL MIX COLLECTION

It really is kind of disappointing.

maybe it is because i already own those games, and i really wanted to play KH FM and KHII FM with pretty graphics. but whatever.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Imaybe it is because i already own those games, and i really wanted to play KH FM and KHII FM with pretty graphics. but whatever.

Or you could just watch the surprise i have in store for the anniversary ;) hint hint nudge nudge

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I like how people think this is all their doing for the 10th anniversery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back