• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D English Trailer Up!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roro

Awards
Yeah it was kinda dissapointing, I was all pumped up to hear that line and lost all excitment when I heard "Come with me"
There's still a good chance it might be changed though

Yea lol after watching the trailer again whenever I see that scene its like uhhh YMX you're doing it wrong haha.

On a side note...to the people saying that Sora's voice sounds weird what do you think of Vanitas's? I mean they're both played by the same VA are they not? It would be strange if Sora's voice sounded weird but he could do Vanitas's voice perfectly normal as it was in BBS. Granted, we only hear Vanitas's voice at the very beginning only for a couple seconds..so this question may be null.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I feel as though the whole "your heart is a prison" line was changed to that because of certain plot points in Sora's story. I don't want to spoil anything, but we've been able to tell just from the trailers that Sora becomes slightly unsure of himself and his heart; maybe they thought that line would capitolize Sora's later fears more? I don't know. I still prefer the original line.

And it's such a shame that they changed YMX's line, "We'll go together." That line has so much weight in the series. Here's hoping there's a chance it might get changed. If not, I suppose I'll just get over it.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
o0; Do you have to do the whole hour? Why not just do the parts where he actually talks about his roles? It'd be less painful, wouldn't it? ^ ^

Gotta watch the whole hour anyways since all of the KH-related things are scattered, so might as well ^^a

(Then we can brag about it 8D)

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Yes, Japan got an eShop trailer.

Did you miss the point of what I was saying. I'm saying they slapped English cutscenes over the trailer in parts and left the rest in Japanese.

Kevin Flynn is lip-synced. YMX is lip-synced most of the time. Mickey is sometimes. Sora is sometimes. Roxas definitely was...

Okay I re-read your post and I understand what you mean now xD

Key Wielder

Awards
Yea lol after watching the trailer again whenever I see that scene its like uhhh YMX you're doing it wrong haha.

On a side note...to the people saying that Sora's voice sounds weird what do you think of Vanitas's? I mean they're both played by the same VA are they not? It would be strange if Sora's voice sounded weird but he could do Vanitas's voice perfectly normal as it was in BBS. Granted, we only hear Vanitas's voice at the very beginning only for a couple seconds..so this question may be null.

I honestly didn't hear a difference in his voice for either character from the previous games, but that may be just me. He sounded like he did in Re:Coded, I thought. *shrug*

Magnum

He never actually said the word 'goldfish', at least literally. But translators can incorporate their own creativity into their translations so it's not as flat.

Ah I see. I still think the localization team should of put the goldfish comment in there though. It makes my day every time I hear it.

Oh my god! I want this game so much! It is awesome *.*
Sora voice looks so different XD But i like it anyway :)

"looks"? I believe you mean "sounds", kind sir lol.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

Ironically, I asked the same question just a bit ago. I think he's doing fine as Vanitas, so hopefully Sora sounding weird is just a fluke. I mean, I have complete faith in HJO and don't think he'd let us down. If he'd drop the ball for anyone, I'd say he'd do so more with Vanitas. Sora is the main character so Haley must feel a lot of responsibility to do it right. Hopefully the next trailer will be more polished and we'll be able to judge things more clearly.

Although, I will say that Haley seemed to somewhat whisper his lines? That's not the right way to put it, but it almost seemed like he was trying to keep quiet and not make some of the emotional lines as loud and energized as they could have been? It's strange because he's never done anything like that before. It kind of makes me believe it really is just the video quality altering things. I hope.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think people are fine with HJO's Vanitas voice because it sounds natural and not forced. HJO's young!Sora voice sounds like he is trying to make it come out, then somebody went in with an audio mixer and upped the pitch just a tiny bit.

I think he sounds fine in this trailer, but I think he says "Water you doing" too much.

Okay I re-read your post and I understand what you mean now xD

xD

Katsagu

Awards
Ah I see. I still think localization team should of put the goldfish comment in there though. It makes my day every time I hear it.

"looks"? I believe you mean "sounds", kind sir lol.

Lol you are right :) Sry for bad english and thank you for the correction ;)

Magnum

I think people are fine with HJO's Vanitas voice because it sounds natural and not forced. HJO's young!Sora voice sounds like he is trying to make it come out, then somebody went in with an audio mixer and upped the pitch just a tiny bit.

I think he sounds fine in this trailer, but I think he says "Water you doing" too much.
This is so true.
Lol you are right :) Sry for bad english and thank you for the correction ;)

No problem, man. xD

snow_flake40

Awards
WAT. ENGLISH. ENGLISH TRAILER. WAT.

OK.

I thought HJO was great. He didn't go too young for Sora, so it's like the midway point between KH1 and KH2 Sora, which is fitting. Also his Vanitas was impeccable.

I want David Gallagher's and Jesse McCartney's voices to father my children. Unf. Especially Riku's "I walk the road to DAWN" and Roxas' "Got it memorised?" Man, I've been waiting for that line for so long now...

YMX's voice sounds lower to what I was expecting, but I like it. It's fitting, given how he is to grow into Leonard Nimoy one day. Ansem SoD and Xemnas were spot-on as well.

I wasn't crazy about Pinoke or Mickey, to be honest, but I'm sure they'll be great in-game. The Disney voices in general were great, with extra kudos going to Frollo and Kevin Flynn. And good golly I hope that's Olivia Wilde...

I was so looking forward to our first aural tasting of the TWEWY cast, but alas, we only got one line from Joshua, a word from Neku and a drowned-out grown from Shiki. Shame. Still, it was wonderful all the same. Josh-Josh does indeed sound a little higher pitched, but this can prolly be attributed to the DS's sound quality. I'm just so happy to hear Aaron Spann again. Yay~

I wonder why we got a trailer now, especially with E3 just o'er the horizon. I hope we get another one there, just to hear some battle grunts and things... Hurray for pushing your luck!

Roro

Awards
Tbh I'll admit Sora's voice does sound different, but not noticeably in my opinon. As for Vanitas it sounds the same but like I said we only hear him for a couple seconds in this trailer so its hard to tell. I still think he did a good job with both characters though. ;P

Now Joshua's voice on the other hand...he sounds really girly haha but whatevs...

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
WAT. ENGLISH. ENGLISH TRAILER. WAT.

OK.

I thought HJO was great. He didn't go too young for Sora, so it's like the midway point between KH1 and KH2 Sora, which is fitting. Also his Vanitas was impeccable.

I want David Gallagher's and Jesse McCartney's voices to father my children. Unf. Especially Riku's "I walk the road to DAWN" and Roxas' "Got it memorised?" Man, I've been waiting for that line for so long now...

YMX's voice sounds lower to what I was expecting, but I like it. It's fitting, given how he is to grow into Leonard Nimoy one day. Ansem SoD and Xemnas were spot-on as well.

I wasn't crazy about Pinoke or Mickey, to be honest, but I'm sure they'll be great in-game. The Disney voices in general were great, with extra kudos going to Frollo and Kevin Flynn. And good golly I hope that's Olivia Wilde...

I was so looking forward to our first aural tasting of the TWEWY cast, but alas, we only got one line from Joshua, a word from Neku and a drowned-out grown from Shiki. Shame. Still, it was wonderful all the same. Josh-Josh does indeed sound a little higher pitched, but this can prolly be attributed to the DS's sound quality. I'm just so happy to hear Aaron Spann again. Yay~

I wonder why we got a trailer now, especially with E3 just o'er the horizon. I hope we get another one there, just to hear some battle grunts and things... Hurray for pushing your luck!

My thoughts pretty much.

Also, I think that even though we only got a taste of it, Jesse McCartney's one line was delivered magnificently. So damn good. :3

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I really don't see the problem with YX's, "Come with me." It sounds so much more sinister than "We'll go together~♪" *3*

And concerning the use of the word prison, I kindof liked its incorporation. "Hearts other than your own" rolls off the tongue in English, but timing may have deterred this same wording, which is nothing new in itself. I can't speak for the literal translation of the Japanese scripts of the KH series, but there's definitely a theme with that word in the North American games. Riku's imprisonment on Destiny Islands, Ventus's on Destiny Islands and Land of Departure, the Genie, etc. The problem with that particular line is the lengthy pacing and bland delivery.

Also, in the follow-up, "...even if you are not the prisoner." Haley sounds fine, but poor YX just sounds nasally, like he has a cold. xD

Absolute

Sora's voice sounds like he was recorded out of studio than the rest of them.

And for some reason, I can NEVER pick up on Flynn's voice when I first hear it in a new game (Days, BBS, 3D). I;m always wondering 'Did they changed Axel's VA?!"

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
We also should not forget that Young Xehanort and Xemnas are constantly trying to mess around with Sora and weaken his heart.
So implying that he's actually holding Ventus' (and other) hearts captive instead of sheltering them is actually pretty much in-character for a mind-gamer like Trollanort...err, I mean Young Xehanort. :p

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sora's voice sounds like he was recorded out of studio than the rest of them.

And for some reason, I can NEVER pick up on Flynn's voice when I first hear it in a new game (Days, BBS, 3D). I;m always wondering 'Did they changed Axel's VA?!"

I feel kinda bad for saying this, but Quinton Flynn isn't really know for his consistent voice acting xD His distinctive voice helps for recognizing him, though

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Yeah, when I first heard Axel grumbling to himself in the trailer I was like, "Is that Quinton?"
But it definitely sounded like him when he said, "Fine. Let's jump right in."

We also should not forget that Young Xehanort and Xemnas are constantly trying to mess around with Sora and weaken his heart.
So implying that he's actually holding Ventus' (and other) hearts captive instead of sheltering them is actually pretty much in-character for a mind-gamer like Trollanort...err, I mean Young Xehanort. :p
I don't think people are arguing so much that it's out of character as it just sounds bad and was poorly delivered. :p
Plus, I personally prefer the ambiguity surrounding the MF's role in the story that was put forth by the Japanese trailers. I mean, having not spoiled myself, I still don't even know if he's meant to be a true villain or not, but this trailer would indicate strongly that he's an antagonist whereas he seemed more enigmatic in Japanese (at least to me, and I'm not fluent in Japanese, so that's probably why).

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Bret Iwan sounds so amazing as Mickey.

And what is the line Old Tron man says? I can never make it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back