• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D footage shown at October 21 event

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
MOAR FOOTAGE!! :D I didn't want to get my hopes up for anything KH-related at this conference, but seeing as we got some gameplay at Nintendo's last conference... Whatever. I am pleased~

I love how at 0:53 Sora grabs his crown pendant to summon his Spirits. *nostalgia* But Wandanyan and Kuma Panda were already on the field, just ahead of Sora. Can you summon your cohorts to appear beside you at any time in battle?

Also, I couldn't help but notice that when Twister plays, it's the English version as opposed to the Japanese. Definitely heard 'Need some more candy cane' in there, so. Curious... (Not really, but still.)

Looking none too shabby, I have to say. My excitement for this game was just about to drop a little, but it has now been restored! *hype*

I noticed that, too. Could that be a hint they're localizing at the same time? I can't imagine why they'd use the English version in the final Japanese product, but what do I know?

Gosh, the lyrics to Twister are so messed up.

@Ethnic Woman That's a good point. He might not know what headphones are. LOL. I can imagine Sora being all nice to Neku and not even realize he's drowning him out.

Then again, there's no set timeline in KH. So he may know what they are, even though the island doesn't seem that technologically advanced.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Huh. I think this is the first game that has dearly beloved played in a cutscene.

k99y77

Awards
i wonder how long we'll wait after the japanese release.
One thing I wanted to see in the end of KH3D is the fact that perhaps, it will show some bits and pieces of what will happen in KH3 that is what I am really excited about :D
what about the secret ending? :/

Etherealin

Loving the version of "Dearly Beloved," playing at the end, but hearing "Twister," really made my day. Cannot wait for this game 8D

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
The "Dearly Beloved" playing is the Reprise from the first game. One of my favorite versions.

And assuming the Traverse Town battle music doesn't change (world music only seems to change with Neverland for some reason, Yoko's own little spin on things), it sounds like a darker more haunting arrangement of "Hand in Hand". It's hard to distinguish if it has source material or if it's a new song because the video is so chopped up.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
The "Dearly Beloved" playing is the Reprise from the first game. One of my favorite versions.

And assuming the Traverse Town battle music doesn't change (world music only seems to change with Neverland for some reason, Yoko's own little spin on things), it sounds like a darker more haunting arrangement of "Hand in Hand". It's hard to distinguish if it has source material or if it's a new song because the video is so chopped up.

I'd say it only changes with Neverland, because of the more than obvious changes to the landscape.
KH1 took place on Hook's ship and Big Ben clock tower.
Days was made up of many different islands.
BBS was the mainland and Skull Rock.

Pretty different scenery usually has different music.

The two worlds that have changed the most have to be Neverland and Radiant Garden. (Traverse Town in 3D)

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

Finally someone who knows. I'm surprised a lot of people have already forgotten what version it was. It's NOT a new version; it's from the first game.

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
The two worlds that have changed the most have to be Neverland and Radiant Garden. (Traverse Town in 3D)

I agree. I know I didn't miss the glaring changes in scenery, but in the continuity of KH, Neverland has been the only world whose themes have changed, a tradition I hope that continues with each Neverland appearance. It's a nice little change of pace, actually. KH1 and Days share the exploration of the Pirate Ship. BBS and Days share Neverland, and all of them feature familiar enough landmarks to tie them to other games (Skull Rock, Pirate Ship, or the characters themselves). Yoko always seems to make decent arrangements of her original world/battle songs, and she could have just as easily done so for Neverland. However, since its characters appearances/behavior could technically remain unscathed by the KH timeline, Neverland is ideal for a reappearing world, and an even better candidate for new music. :)

Is anyone else excited about the Dream Eaters, besides me? I sense some disappointment from some fans about their existence. I think they look cool! Haven't been this hopped up about monster growth since I had Pokemon Yellow for GBC. 8|

Cryxok

For some reason, the battle theme doesn't sound like Hand in Hand to me :/, in fact, I think the field theme sounds more like an slowed down version of hand in hand than the battle theme...let's wait and see...

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
I agree. I know I didn't miss the glaring changes in scenery, but in the continuity of KH, Neverland has been the only world whose themes have changed, a tradition I hope that continues with each Neverland appearance. It's a nice little change of pace, actually. KH1 and Days share the exploration of the Pirate Ship. BBS and Days share Neverland, and all of them feature familiar enough landmarks to tie them to other games (Skull Rock, Pirate Ship, or the characters themselves). Yoko always seems to make decent arrangements of her original world/battle songs, and she could have just as easily done so for Neverland. However, since its characters appearances/behavior could technically remain unscathed by the KH timeline, Neverland is ideal for a reappearing world, and an even better candidate for new music. :)

Is anyone else excited about the Dream Eaters, besides me? I sense some disappointment from some fans about their existence. I think they look cool! Haven't been this hopped up about monster growth since I had Pokemon Yellow for GBC. 8|

What I was saying, was the focus of Neverland in those games.
But yes, it has been a nice, even, gradual change.

For Dream Eaters, I like them. It's a new change of pace and I love the colors.
Some may seem disappointed by them, for the fact that they may seem too similar to Pokemon.

SilenceTheTardis

Just in case any of you didn't watch the full presentation, this video was thrown in with a lot of eShop games, and its inclusion on the list in the OP pretty much confirm either a 3D trailer or maybe even a demo!

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
For some reason, the battle theme doesn't sound like Hand in Hand to me :/, in fact, I think the field theme sounds more like an slowed down version of hand in hand than the battle theme...let's wait and see...

There's so much repetition of the brass instruments for the battle theme. o_O

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

It isn't that people aren't excited...it is just that as of right now, there seems to be too many similarities to Pokemon and I'm assuming that many people, like me, would just rather have Donald and Goofy back or FF/Disney characters to partner with instead.

On the trailer itself, the ending was pretty adorable and I am CONVINCED that the "Colosseum" place has nothing to do with the worlds...

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
It would be nice if there were a couple of Disney/Final Fantasy characters as party members.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Not really. We just got all the excitement out of our systems back when we saw them for the first time during TGS.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
It isn't that people aren't excited...it is just that as of right now, there seems to be too many similarities to Pokemon and I'm assuming that many people, like me, would just rather have Donald and Goofy back or FF/Disney characters to partner with instead.

On the trailer itself, the ending was pretty adorable and I am CONVINCED that the "Colosseum" place has nothing to do with the worlds...

I'm kinda excited to see more interesting designs of these creatures. I'm assuming the two seen in the trailer are interchangeable later on in the game. My most favorites so far are Riku's. His looks like a mini Ixion and mini Angra Mainyu.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm kinda excited to see more interesting designs of these creatures. I'm assuming the two seen in the trailer are interchangeable later on in the game. My most favorites so far are Riku's. His looks like a mini Ixion and mini Angra Mainyu.

They are. You can collect and recruit all the Dream Eaters in the game, but between them and your potential party members, you can only bring two into your party to fight alongside at a time.

Last edited:

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Though it may seem similar to Pokemon, the element has never been integrated into Kingdom Hearts' ever expanding, no-limits universe. Disney characters and Final Fantasy characters have been party members. I read the growth of the monsters will correlate with the leader (either Sora or Riku) like Donald and Goofy have, but I wonder if how loosely that will apply - if you'll be given some control like the summons in FFX.

Besides the Dream Eaters though, this game has a lot going for it intuitively, the inclusion of parkour, and the decision to include Neku Sakuraba. Granted though he is Nomura's design, I believe this could open a plethora of other doors for the series in the future, whether they be licensed by Square (Mana, Chrono, etc) or Disney (tv series come to mind). Specifically, I think it'd be kickass if Sora (or insert other KH hero) were to fight alongside Aya Brea or Volt Krueger. :Q

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
They are. You can collect and recruit all the Dream Eaters in the game, but between them and your potential party members, you can only bring two into your party to fight alongside.

Really? How come this is the first time I've heard of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back