• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D Japan Release Date Confirmed + Edition info!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Gah, if they plan to release the bundle stateside, the 3DS better have more unique qualities to it's design than just what's on the camera side. The Zelda 3DS still has it beat imo...
(dem golden buttons :3)

And I wonder what this super special Dream Eater is... Could it be the fox I've been waiting for?! :3

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
Right now, the 10th anniversary box, to me, is looking like some kind of sticker pack or something not too huge... it's pretty underwhelming.

FF7 got Crisis Core for its 10th anniversary. Kingdom Hearts? A sticker collection...

I hope there's a bit more in that box :)

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Still no updates to the e-Store or site since they added the tidbit about the box :c

Jiynnx

Re: KH3D Japan Release Date Confirmed!

I hope that this comes to the UK. I need this.

YoshiAngemon

Aw, I don't need THAT 3DS, not since I have an even BETTER 3DS - The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary model with Ocarina of Time 3D. I just wanna go to the Disney Store, this month, so I can see about getting a new Donald Duck plush, and maybe Daisy, if I can afford it, but I gotta finish paying for the Collector's Edition of Final Fantasy XIII, first. I REALLY want Disney Stores to acknowledge the 10th Anniversary with Kingdom Hearts Merchandise, like rare pluishies, including a limited addition for the Minnie's Closet plush of Minnie - her Queen's Dress!

blank points

Awards
This is awesome news! I KNEW I should have waited before getting a 3DS, (assuming they are releasing the bundle outside Japan) but oh well.

nexil0379

A star that's somewhere in the KH Universe
-sigh-
I bought the 3DS back in the day when it was $250 and didn't register mine so i didn't get the 10+ free games for it -_-''
Legend of Zelda 3D
Star Fox 64 3D and Tales of the Abyss 3D were the only legitimate reasons that I could think of getting a 3DS before KH3D came out
-_-''

BUT NOTHING is gunna stop me from getting this sucker. They better release it in the states or i will be a very unhappy camper :(
Japan always gets the best stuff

By the way
Does anyone know a safe way to legitimately order stuff from Japan
and if the 3DS is region encoded?

MinerKing

*glub* *glub*

(Drowning in happiness!)

So the 10th anniversary box is listed with the other KH3D bundles on the official website, correct? Does that mean it is just another edition of the game with some bonus material? Or is the anniversary box a standalone product? QUESTIONS!

washi95

The 3DS looks great! I'm tempted to import it seeing as how I wanted a Japanese 3DS, but never got the chance to get one. The 10th Anniversary box sounds like it'll be bundled with the game, and not the KH 3DS though, which is a shame, means I can only get one of the two. >.<
By the way
Does anyone know a safe way to legitimately order stuff from Japan
and if the 3DS is region encoded?
Unforunately the 3DS is region locked, so if you buy a Eurpean or Australian unit you're stuck with buying PAL games, NTSC-U games with the US and NTSC-J games with the Jap unit. :/

And as for legitmately ordering stuff from Japan, Play-Asia's pretty reliable for those type of items and games, they're a bit pricey, but they still get the orders done and are usually fast with shipping items and handling everything.

Last edited:

rabanks15

Wow this is amazing! There are three things that worry me though. 1) The likelihood of anyone but Japan getting the 3DS bundle is fairly high. SE has never done us any special favors before why would they now? 2) The price... $79!!!! That's outrageous!!! and 3) This is starting to look like the extra-special 10th anniversary thing we've been promised, especially with the release date being March 29th (the original JP release of KH was March 28th). This worries me because the NA anniversary is September 17th and PAL is November 15th. I don't want to have to wait for September for this game!!!!!!! ASAP SE!!!!! Give it to us ASAP!!!!!!!

Kaffikjelen

Wow!!11!! You get a rare Dream Eater AR card! How can I resist pre-ordering this game in Japanese when I get an AR card of the most brilliantly designed creature in the history of KH?! Even if I don't have a 3DS, let alone a Japanese one, it's totally worth it!
/sarcasm
Now, carry on with your day. Don't let me hinder your enthusiasm. I just had to vent some of my rage against the inane-looking Dream Eaters. Frankly, Heartless were just fine. No need to add any other enemy type.

washi95

Wow this is amazing! There are three things that worry me though. 1) The likelihood of anyone but Japan getting the 3DS bundle is fairly high. SE has never done us any special favors before why would they now?
They probably wont considering none of the other Kingdom Hearts themed handhelds haven't been released outside of Japan, but one could still hope it will!
2) The price... $79!!!! That's outrageous!!!
That's just the Japanese price, don't worry. Japan usually has games priced alot higher than America and Europe (I wanna say Aus, but games are pretty damn expensive here too)
3) This is starting to look like the extra-special 10th anniversary thing we've been promised, especially with the release date being March 29th (the original JP release of KH was March 28th). This worries me because the NA anniversary is September 17th and PAL is November 15th. I don't want to have to wait for September for this game!!!!!!! ASAP SE!!!!! Give it to us ASAP!!!!!!!

Although it's just my personal opinion I don't think they'd delay the game if it was already finished being localized a few months before then, they'd probably want to get the game out as soon as possible in English after they're done.

The localization team was also working closer with the Japanese team (if I recall Nomura said something like that in an interview, can't quite remember the proper quote), and looking at Re:coded that took about a month to get an English release after the Japanese release, so looking at that and how close it was I have faith DDD's English version will come out a while before the anniversary. (there's other ways to celebrate in the US and PAL region anyway)

Last edited:

Mr Yippie

So the rare dream eater is kind of like a preorder bonus for getting one of the first batch of games?

micbeasty

Site Update with official release!

The Official Site for DDD has been updated with the official release date , of March 29, 2012!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back