• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D/KHIII info in Famitsu (Full translation in the opening post!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

snow_flake40

Awards
Re: KH3D/KHIII info in Famitsu.

So will you be reducing the number of game events?

Nomura: It's not like that. Just that when something happens, if you explain everything from square one you weaken the pacing. So we're introducing a new system to avoid that. In FF Versus XIII we've removed the cutscenes, letting players continue playing through game events, and here we're going in a different direction again. Also, in 3D Sora fights alongside some strange companions. We're planning to put together a secret movie, so look forward to that.

Why does he single out Sora there? Is Riku not getting any party members? Hmm...

Also, I think this is gonna be the first handheld with different party members in different worlds, correct? So that should be pretty fun, right there.

Also also, when did Sora ever fight alongside a NORMAL companion? Saying that these are 'strange companions' when they're Disney characters is rather redundant, dontcha think?

Anna825

Why does he single out Sora there? Is Riku not getting any party members? Hmm...

Also, I think this is gonna be the first handheld with different party members in different worlds, correct? So that should be pretty fun, right there.

Also also, when did Sora ever fight alongside a NORMAL companion? Saying that these are 'strange companions' when they're Disney characters is rather redundant, dontcha think?

Excellent point...Makes me less anxious over the 'strange companions' comment.

Not that I don't trust Nomura to make a non forehead slapping plot...

mjejr1

Did he say theyre working on locilization at the same time. Does that mean same day release in Japan and US, one can only hope so

Anna825

Did he say theyre working on locilization at the same time. Does that mean same day release in Japan and US, one can only hope so

Sure, it'll be released on the same day....6 months later.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine

No more cutscenes? Only 50% done? No KH3 info?

[video=youtube;Qx5EoUx7wxo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx5EoUx7wxo[/video]

localorange

I still think Riku will be playable. I think him not being mentioned doesn't mean anything major.

As far as Sora fighting alongside "strange" companions, I think the reference is to party allies. The majority of Sora's party allies have been human, or in the case of Jack Skellington, humanesque. I take that to mean that Sora's going to be getting more party allies that aren't human. XD To me, that's a definite indication that we could see the likes of Toy Story, The Jungle Book, and maybe even Monsters Inc in Dream Drop Distance.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

No more cutscenes? Only 50% done? No KH3 info?

[video=youtube;Qx5EoUx7wxo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx5EoUx7wxo[/video]

He means that they will be shown in a different way that what we know. Not that they are completely gone. 50% is good for a game that only entered full dev late last year. Versus is still deep in development and it's been over five years.

You're expecting KH3 info when there is still a mysterious game lingering in the horizon and Versus XIII is in development. -laughs-

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine

He means that they will be shown in a different way that what we know. Not that they are completely gone. 50% is good for a game that only entered full dev late last year. Versus is still deep in development and it's been over five years.

You're expecting KH3 info when there is still a mysterious game lingering in the horizon and Versus XIII is in development. -laughs-

Sorry, I just don't see the need for a different direction. Cutscenes in the past games have been fine IMO.

I honestly don't know how he came up with that percentage. He didn't even have enough to show at E3. And I understand he doesn't have voices done yet, but that didn't stop him from showing the initial trailer.

He's given KH3 info before, including the fact it's the end of the Xehanort saga. And at the time the same games were still on the horizon.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

Sorry, I just don't see the need for a different direction. Cutscenes in the past games have been fine IMO.

I honestly don't know how he came up with that percentage. He didn't even have enough to show at E3. And I understand he doesn't have voices done yet, but that didn't stop him from showing the initial trailer.

He's given KH3 info before, including the fact it's the end of the Xehanort saga. And at the time the same games were still on the horizon.

I have a theory on why he didn't show it at E3. When BBS was in development it appeared at every game show since it's announcement. Fans became over excited and impatient. So they may be trying to avoid that and now that it's half way done they will start showing it at more game shows since it's release will be next year

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I have a theory on why he didn't show it at E3. When BBS was in development it appeared at every game show since it's announcement. Fans became over excited and impatient. So they may be trying to avoid that and now that it's half way done they will start showing it at more game shows since it's release will be next year

I have to agree with Memory Master. It is probably to keep people from overhyping. It never turns out well, and I think Nomura wants to have enough of the game done to actually be able to show it off and not have fans sending in letters and emails for more info.

Chasespicer, I'm sure he had a ton of stuff to show at E3. Nomura isn't the one to decide what games show at E3, though. We don't know the circumstances of why KH3D wasn't at E3, so I don't think we need to bother thinking about it.

But that is just him saying "Hey guys, don't expect anymore Xehanort after KH3." so fans will be aware of his decision ahead of time. KH3 isn't even a concern of Nomura's right now.

EDIT: And on the cutscene thing, what's wrong with experimentation and innovation? Nomura wants to try something new (which from the change in Versus cutscene style, it seems to have cut production time a bit) and maybe this new thing will make the game come out even faster, and probably be better.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards

Geez, I hope the changes they make turn out for the better. I thought it was fine, but that Nomura...

Sure, it'll be released on the same day....6 months later.

Lol this

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine

I have to agree. It is probably to keep people from overhyping. It never turns out well, and I think Nomura wants to have enough of the game done to actually be able to show it off.

Chasespicer, I'm sure he had a ton of stuff to show at E3. Nomura isn't the one to decide what games show at E3, though. We don't know the circumstances of why KH3D wasn't at E3, so I don't think we need to bother thinking about it.

But that is just him saying "Hey guys, don't expect anymore Xehanort after KH3." so fans will be aware of his decision ahead of time. KH3 isn't even a concern of Nomura's right now.

Idk maybe it was to prevent overhyping.

He's definitely concerned with KH3. If he knows 3D directly leads into it, then he already has ideas of the early parts of KH3.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Idk maybe it was to prevent overhyping.

He's definitely concerned with KH3. If he knows 3D directly leads into it, then he already has ideas of the early parts of KH3.

But I'm saying he has a major project to concentrate on right now. I don't deny he is thinking about KH3, but to expect an announcement of the game when Versus isn't even near completion is a bit silly. Again, there is also that mysterious game to be concerned about.

Let Nomura work on the games he has on his plate then get to KH3 when he's ready.

For The King

1p81z4.png

MAKE IT HAPPEN NOMURA!

On the subject of KHIII & 3D, I have a feeling we won't be seeing KHIII until 2014. :/

For The King

You say 2014. Lol wow. Maybe 2015 for japan, but 2014 is just, not gonna happen. It cant.

Well as far as I know they plan on releasing a KH every year.

2011: Re:Coded (America), BBSFM (Japan)
2012: 3D (Japan - Mid 2012), 3D (America - Late 2012)
2013: KHCollection (Japan & America), BBSv2 (Japan)
2014: BBSv2 (America), KHIII (Japan)
2015: KHIII (America)

That's what I expect, but I could be VERY wrong. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back