• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D Official Strategy Guide

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I cannot even begin to go into why I can't stand how the guide is right now, but I agree whole-heartily with what has been stated previously in this thread. I've also had small problems with placement of categories such as the Bestiary, but that pales in comparison to what the main problems are. My main problem is that the past KH guides have for the most part been pretty darn great, and this one, just completely dropped the ball...

Kamichamadude

This guide is barely a guide, all the information in it was available on the web before the game was out. All it offers me in terms of content, is the orange and white bar that says "Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance" on my bookshelf next to my KHII, Days, and BBS guides (I have KHI, and Com guides, but they aren't on the same shelf as I organize by Color, than name.. yeah I know weird...)

Imo the Days and KHII guides were the best. The KHII one because it told you bits and pieces about characters and who they are/were in their original production. And gave a nice list of abilities drops and collectibles.
The days one because it not only gave info on the story but also on the missions and challenges. As well as listing every unlockable and how you get it.
It really depends on who is doing the guide. Brady Games have some very good authors, yet they also have plenty of mediocre ones.
I am hoping with the release of KHIII they will use Piggyback, because they make some of the best guides. The guide for Assassins creed 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, and both the Final Fantasy XIII games were amazing.

Forsaken Shadow

Best guide was KH1's IMO; clear instructions and the boss guides always worked in my favour. KH2's was great too, except I didn't really need it since the whole game was pretty straightforward and the side-quests weren't that hard to figure out either. I have the Days guide as well but I bought it after I finished Days (for collections' sake); I'll use it while replaying and see what I think about it. I've heard it's great though.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I loved the KH1 guide layout the best, it was nice having the worlds be the background as opposed to the plain white background they've chosen to adopt in all the recent guides, but in terms of actual guide. I think BbS and 2 were well done. Of course BbS didn't know the cheap tricks like surges on MF or rock for Vanitas' Sentiment, but still, the charts were top notch and the KH2 limited edition guide with the Jiminy's Journal sticker book was amazing. Please make another limited edition guide for KH3!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back