• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D Official Strategy Guide

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Obviously, with the release of KH3D this month in NA comes the release of the game's official strategy guide by Brady Games. For those of you who've bought it, I have a question; Is it just me or is this guide severely lacking in comparison to previous Kingdom Hearts guides?

The KH3D guide goes over the basics of the different aspects of game play, the story line and offer a bestiary of enemies as usual and even offers and in depth look at the spirits of the game. But that's pretty much it. It offers little to no information on the Flick Rush tournaments, nothing on the secret boss Julius, lacks an item index that compares to previous guides and in my opinion offers a very lackluster walk through of the story line worlds. It's not that great and offers the bare minimum. Also the way they portray the maps in the guide is a little hard to navigate because not all of them are shown in the same perspective of the in-game maps.

Like it really isn't that big of a deal but I just wanted to see if anyone else shares my disappointment with this guide.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Obviously, with the release of KH3D this month in NA comes the release of the game's official strategy guide by Brady Games. For those of you who've bought it, I have a question; Is it just me or is this guide severely lacking in comparison to previous Kingdom Hearts guides?
Like it really isn't that big of a deal but I just wanted to see if anyone else shares my disappointment with this guide.
Many members have expressed frustration with the poorly put together guide.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Only good for collector's, really. I saw the Strategy Guide when I went to pick my game up and I skimmed through it. Was kind of small.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I'd like to know what the actually HP is for the bosses. I know it gives their base HP but what do I do with that to figure out the actuall HP of a boss. Do I multiply the base HP by something? If so then what?

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Definitely, this guide is even smaller than Birth by Sleep's, which is already really small.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The guide was awful. It's pretty to look at, but not to use to figure things out in the game. I'd have really liked a comprehensive Dream Eater guide rather than the one we got. And a lot of stuff was inaccurate.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
You know, BradyGames has had rather crappy guides before, so I'm not surprised this one is a stinker.
41PudZ3DvwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It's kinda old, but this is my example for a crappy guide.

At least with the KH3D one you don't have to access a website to see what should be in the damn book in the first place.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
For the sake of collecting it like I did with all the other guides, and having some nice pictures to look at, it was okay. But yeah, it was severely lacking compared to past guides. At most I used it to plan when I should drop between characters, so that it never happened during boss fights, and to look up DE recipes.

naturemage2

I don't ever bother with any physical copy of a guide. The best guides are the compendium of dedicated gamers such as swordsaint who puts it up for free and with his own time.

Been using your guide for about a week now. Thanks man

MasterZeR0

I used the guide to help with the treasures. and that's it. It's boss guides didn't help, it doesn't tell you where to get certain components for spirits, etc. Very poor, especially amongst the books for all the other games.

You know, BradyGames has had rather crappy guides before, so I'm not surprised this one is a stinker.
41PudZ3DvwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It's kinda old, but this is my example for a crappy guide.

At least with the KH3D one you don't have to access a website to see what should be in the damn book in the first place.

Oh god, I have that guide too. It's just countless pages of "Go here for more information!" and if I'm not mistaken, the site doesn't even have the info anymore.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I have the guide as well, and it is practically only useful for finding the treasure chests and the positions of the Link Portals.

For the spirits you only get a list with the recipes and a broad overview of their dispositions. There is no information on how you change dispositions, the attacks a spirit can use are nowhere explained (in-game you can see the names of attacks, but not what they actually do!), information on the Ability-Link boards is missing completely, as is information to where you get the ingredients for making them.

The nightmare lists are also sorely lacking in that they don't show the drops (like munny, HP balls etc) for any enemy as is the command list as it only gives a broad list, but no information where to obtain any command.

The artwork and character-overviews are pretty nice and the tips for the dive sequences are helpful, but other than that and the portals/treasure chests the guide is definitely lacking, especially when I compare it to the Days- and BBS-guide.

Bobjam

Awards
The guide for me was only useful for portal positions yeah....such a shame. I really hope square turn back to piggybank as I have a lot of their final fantasy + kingdom hearts guides and they were fantastic =).

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
I used the guide to help with the treasures. and that's it. It's boss guides didn't help, it doesn't tell you where to get certain components for spirits, etc. Very poor, especially amongst the books for all the other games.

Oh god, I have that guide too. It's just countless pages of "Go here for more information!" and if I'm not mistaken, the site doesn't even have the info anymore.

The site's dead.

Though in my quest for that image I did find a site with most of that info saved. And it's like WHY WASN'T THIS IN THE BOOK IN THE FIRST DAMN PLACE?!?

BagelBreath

Awards
It's the first guide I've ever bought and it sucked. =/
The only use I've gotten from it has been the portal locations.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
Since I've gotton most of them I'll say this.

There were some good points to it and then there were bad points.
On a bad point, it was missing some things that I needed.
However on the good side it did give a list of all the dream eaters so you find out how to make the ones you wanted without a recipe. It also did have a small "Artwork Section" which was new and somewhat nice. I guess they wanted to try to make it feel like the Ultamania.

However overall there have been better KH books but this one is ok.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Alright-y then, thisq guide gets my "Shit-Stamp" of approval then

Sammi

I agree that the guide is quite lacking, but luckily I've had use for some aspects of it - a prime example being the portal locations. :)

theirlosthearts

Awards
I only read through the guide in BAM, but I even then I though it wasn't nearly as good as the others. If I remember correctly, they had the bestiary close to the beginning, which is not a good place to have spoilers O.O Other than that, it just seemed to be missing a lot of information and to be poorly organized. I bought the BbS guide before I even had BbS, my KH1 and KH2 guides are almost falling apart from so much beloved use, but I don't plan on getting the KH3D guide. It did have some nice artwork that I hadn't seen before in the back though, which was nice.

iLeen

Awards
Pros:
1. Portal Locations
2. Treasure Locations
3. Pretty, pretty artwork.

Cons:
1. Lacking everything else

Most of the things they added in there were obvious things that the game already explains to you in-game, so pretty much unnecessary. Buuuuuut I did buy this guide mainly for the artwork, so I'm ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back