• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D Pre-Order Bonus!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Have you preordered KH3D yet?

• Yes

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • No, I plan to soon

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • No, I have no plans to

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • No, I am waiting to see a bundle

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

siegleeagle

Does anyone know for sure how the random ar card actually works? Im very curious about this and the answer will determine if I ask my friend from gamestop to give me any left over preorder bonus ar cards.

KrytenKoro

Bronze Member
According to Gamestop, these are NOT Preorder Bonuses, and are just bundled with the game. I'll upload the picture later, but the game is listed in Gamestop's server as

"KINGDOM HEARTS 3D CE WITH AR CARDS", and it is only called "CE" because it contains the AR Cards. There is no "non-CE" version of the game, and no version without AR Cards. The Gamestop Rep I talked to said that Amazon was, to say it politely, being "sneaky" by acting like it was a special Amazon preorder bonus.

You will be able to get these whether you buy the game at Amazon, Gamestop, Walmart, or anywhere, is what they said.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
According to Gamestop, these are NOT Preorder Bonuses, and are just bundled with the game. I'll upload the picture later, but the game is listed in Gamestop's server as

"KINGDOM HEARTS 3D CE WITH AR CARDS", and it is only called "CE" because it contains the AR Cards. There is no "non-CE" version of the game, and no version without AR Cards. The Gamestop Rep I talked to said that Amazon was, to say it politely, being "sneaky" by acting like it was a special Amazon preorder bonus.

You will be able to get these whether you buy the game at Amazon, Gamestop, Walmart, or anywhere, is what they said.

R&R Seal did not come with the Japanese release of the game, but the other two did. So I figured at least those two will be with all the games, but I am still not convinced of R&R Seal's inclusion...not that I am complaining if it is included :p

Does anyone know for sure how the random ar card actually works? Im very curious about this and the answer will determine if I ask my friend from gamestop to give me any left over preorder bonus ar cards.

Not that I know of, no one seems to have really looked into it. I want to ask someone who has the game to try and scan one of the other cards people have uploaded in the internet and see if they get a different one.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
The names aren't that bad but I do prefer a bit of unison with how the words are sorted. I'd personally just remove the space in the names so they look like: Meowjesty, Sudoneku, Ursacircus, Relaxseal

satria222poxy

I'm confused with this:
"One AR Card that's serves as a 360 degree viewing stand for your dream eaters."

And the JPN release has 2 AR cards (rare dream eater + something else), so does it mean the US version would not have it in the box after pre-order period?

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I'm confused with this:
"One AR Card that's serves as a 360 degree viewing stand for your dream eaters."

And the JPN release has 2 AR cards (rare dream eater + something else), so does it mean the US version would not have it in the box after pre-order period?

It's just a default AR marker that lets you view your Dream Eaters.

siegleeagle

And also according to my gamestop 3d is Kingdom Hearts 3 and the series will end with this one, which we all know is no true.. I don't believe anything gamestop says anymore, not after being blatantly lied to so many times.

Its very possible that they could be telling the truth because a lot of 3ds games come with cards without preorder. However, when they claim amazon is trying to "be sneaky" when Gamestop is notorious for pushing their sales to the point of pissing people off, he was probably just trying to get your sale and nothing more.

Last edited:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I'm confused with this:

If you enter the Dream Eater menu it automatically turns on the 3DS camera and projects the Dream Eaters out whether you have the AR card or not. However you can only see them from the front. The "360" stand will let you look at it, well, at any degree you want :p Its just so you can take pictures of them and stuff really (which I am so doing by the way).

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
The inclusion in the game's box is an indicator that these cards are not preorder boni, but 1st edition boni like in the Japanese release.
So I don't think Walmart/Gamestop/EBGames will have different cards than Amazon.
I guess at least one card will be bundled with the Bradygames Guide, probably the Artillery Beetle.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
If that's the case then I'm glad I don't need to worry too much about the cards running out. Then perhaps the "true preorder bonus" could be something else like the crystal case Roro mentioned or nothing at all.

Rallade

Awards

I'm hoping that this is true, I don't just want some AR cards I'll use once and (carefully) leave on the side to collect dust.

KrytenKoro

Bronze Member
And also according to my gamestop 3d is Kingdom Hearts 3 and the series will end with this one, which we all know is no true.. I don't believe anything gamestop says anymore, not after being blatantly lied to so many times.

Its very possible that they could be telling the truth because a lot of 3ds games come with cards without preorder. However, when they claim amazon is trying to "be sneaky" when Gamestop is notorious for pushing their sales to the point of pissing people off, he was probably just trying to get your sale and nothing more.
Yeah...I know the guy, he knew I wasn't preordering the game there, and I took a picture of the actual computer screen (which I will post as soon as I get home). He also told me that Gamestop calling it a "Collector's Edition" was just due to the AR cards, and not any special features...so I'm inclined to trust him if he says someone's trying to twist words in their advertisements.

It wasn't some random typo, it was very clear that they include AR cards.

If that's the case then I'm glad I don't need to worry too much about the cards running out. Then perhaps the "true preorder bonus" could be something else like the crystal case Roro mentioned or nothing at all.

I wouldn't hold your breath. The Gamestop rep I talked to said it was unlikely that a preorder bonus would be announced (to them) so close to the game's release.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm hoping that this is true, I don't just want some AR cards I'll use once and (carefully) leave on the side to collect dust.

They are nice to look at. You might want to use them for decoration or something xD I'm probably going to frame mine once I'm done.

Anybody mind answering this for a non-3DS owner like me? Can you take pictures of the card and then scan that picture and be able to have access to whatever the AR card had?

MinerKing

After three different attempts, it seems the Dream Eater you get from the AR card is randomly assigned from the beginning of a new game file. So different save files on the same game card may in fact get different special rare Dream Eater, always level C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back