• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D Promotional Items in Japanese Stores!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Source: https://twitter.com/#!/bKvEBVAvUq

The game will have two save slots.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Square Enix's official E-store Facebook updates with promo images!*-*Kingdom Hearts Insider

Last edited:

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
one for easy mode get through story another for hard super comepltion unlock secret movie

snow_flake40

Awards
Two save files should do nicely. Unless we might have to save Sora and Riku's games seperately at some point for some reason...? Nah, there shouldn't be.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Two save slots? I'll probably just start the game on hard mode to unlock the secret movie right away. Then let my sister use the second save slot for her own game.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Aw sweet! I can use that extra save slot to replay the game so I don't need to overwrite my progress or I can let my brother use it :D

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
Two save slots? Uh.....
But anyways I'm like really excited for this game!

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Crap, two slots; should've expected this.

The problem here is I have two friends who both want to play this... hmm, they'll have to share a slot.

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
Two save slots?! Da fcuk?! In every Kingdom Hearts game to date (with the exception of the original Chain of Memories) I have created multiple save slots for the sake of playing my favorite levels and fighting my favorite boss battles with the the press of a button via "Load" without playing through the entire bonking game.

Hell, in Birth By Sleep, aside from my first 4 files (my original Terra, Ven, Aqua, and Final Episode) I have save files following the Birth By Sleep timeline by verbatim. Why? So not only can I play the game in chronological order, but so I can swiftly jump into any level or any boss at my own discretion.

Needless to say, I am not pleased to hear this.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
First file for my normal playthrough. Second file for when I play it for my family.
But, only two? What's wrong with three files, like with 358/2 Days.

Last edited:

snow_flake40

Awards
Two save slots?! Da fcuk?! In every Kingdom Hearts game to date (with the exception of the original Chain of Memories) I have created multiple save slots for the sake of playing my favorite levels and fighting my favorite boss battles with the the press of a button via "Load" without playing through the entire bonking game.

Hell, in Birth By Sleep, aside from my first 4 files (my original Terra, Ven, Aqua, and Final Episode) I have save files following the Birth By Sleep timeline by verbatim. Why? So not only can I play the game in chronological order, but so I can swiftly jump into any level or any boss at my own discretion.

Needless to say, I am not pleased to hear this.

Re:coded had two save slots and I thought that was fine. I usually only use two slots for anything anyway; one for completion and junk and one for quick run throughs should the desire arise.

sora364

Awards
Let me better retort, I own Re:Coded...yet cannot bring myself to complete it due to the sheer inanity of its existence and overall insignificance to the plot. Gameplay be damned.

In Days, I have the ability to "travel in time" through the Days-so multiple saves files are not necessarily needed.

However, in a game such as this which holds the same precedence as a numbered title...I find this unacceptable.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Let me better retort, I own Re:Coded...yet cannot bring myself to complete it due to the sheer inanity of its existence and overall insignificance to the plot. Gameplay be damned.

In Days, I have the ability to "travel in time" through the Days-so multiple saves files are not necessarily needed.

However, in a game such as this which holds the same precedence as a numbered title...I find this unacceptable.

Well, if you like the fact it has two save slots, then you don't have to buy it. Or better yet, don't save and have the game on all night on a charger.

sora364

Awards
I believe you are missing the entire essence of my complaint. I am not "boycotting" the game over it, that is asinine; I am merely vocalizing my discontent with this direction. As the aforementioned post notes; I enjoy playing the KH series over the fly and enjoying which ever level I desire without actually replaying the full game continuously to reach that specified point. We have evolved passed this era, so I have no clue why Square is degenerating back to this. I see no logic in restricting it to two save slots.

What if I want to kick Chernabog's ass with Riku, then immediately explore La Cite' des Cloches with Sora afterwards? And after I'm done with that-jump straight into the final boss fight? With two save files alone, that is impossible. That is the focal point of my argument. If you are satisfied with two save slots and do not mind replaying the game 93809384 times just to replay your favorite bits...more power to ya. I prefer my experience a bit more accessible :/

So yeah...I am really disappointed to hear this.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Re:Coded lets you replay through all the worlds anytime you want just like Days. Maybe DDD will too, eliminating this entire issue. For the record, I too save at my favorite parts so I can replay them anytime I wish.

Well, if you like the fact it has two save slots, then you don't have to buy it. Or better yet, don't save and have the game on all night on a charger.

He said that he likes to save at certain boss fights and worlds in the games so that he can replay those parts anytime he wants. So keeping the game on constantly would not solve that problem whatsoever?

I believe you are missing the entire essence of my complaint. I am not "boycotting" the game over it, that is asinine; I am merely vocalizing my discontent with this direction. As the aforementioned post notes; I enjoy playing the KH series over the fly and enjoying which ever level I desire without actually replaying the full game continuously to reach that specified point. We have evolved pass this era, so I have no clue why Square is degenerating back to this. I see no logic in restricting it to two save slots.

What if I want to kick Chernabog's ass with Riku, then immediately La Cite' des Cloches with Sora afterwards? And after I'm done with that-jump straight into the final boss fight? With two save files alone, that is impossible. That is the focal point of my argument. If you are satisfied with two save slots and do not mind replaying the game 93809384 times just to replay your favorite bits...more power to ya. I prefer my experience a bit more accessible :/

The 3DS still saves on the actual game card, so unfortunately Nintendo has not evolved past that era yet. At least as far as I am aware, the SD card just seems to be used for downloadable games and install data, and eventually DLC.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I believe you are missing the entire essence of my complaint. I am not "boycotting" the game over it, that is asinine; I am merely vocalizing my discontent with this direction. As the aforementioned post notes; I enjoy playing the KH series over the fly and enjoying which ever level I desire without actually replaying the full game continuously to reach that specified point. We have evolved pass this era, so I have no clue why Square is degenerating back to this. I see no logic in restricting it to two save slots.

What if I want to kick Chernabog's ass with Riku, then immediately La Cite' des Cloches with Sora afterwards? And after I'm done with that-jump straight into the final boss fight? With two save files alone, that is impossible. That is the focal point of my argument. If you are satisfied with two save slots and do not mind replaying the game 93809384 times just to replay your favorite bits...more power to ya. I prefer my experience a bit more accessible :/

Then play the games again, don't be lazy and just play your favorite part. Or wait, better idea... buy multiple copies.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Then play the games again, don't be lazy and just play your favorite part. Or wait, better idea... buy multiple copies.

Wanting to replay your favorite parts of the game over and over without playing through the game doesn't make him "lazy" :/ KH games take a minimum of 30 hours to play through. That is a lot of time :/

Again, they may have someway to like reset the worlds or something. I mean it is unlikely but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back