• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D TGS 2011 page.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
The translation should read, "Darkness becomes light, Light falls into Darkness."

And this frightens me.

While his death was perfect, I'm sort of hoping this means Vanitas will return, but in Sora's body. It'd be a nice twist to have that be how it ends, and then have KH3 start out either playing as Vanitas doing evil stuff or playing as Riku to save Sora.

Bobjam

Awards
Kinda happened with Riku already.

But what happened to Riku was so initial and integral to the story as it started (with Kh1 I mean) I'm talking about a character that throughout was good or seemingly so just going about it differently to how Riku did. He openly accepted and let in darkness to take over whilst I actually want to see it done differently with another character. Preferably a female one perhaps.

Edit: I suppose before its thrown back at me again =P something like what happened to Terra would be awesome. But again like Riku he was manipulated by darkness of sorts so DDD could bring in something different.

MisuzuKamio

You're right, that was a mistranslation on my part.

Np, just wanted to help.

Also I was thinking...I was always afraid it was talking about Sora and Riku, but maybe it might just have to do with things being flipped around? Maybe in the dream worlds everything is backwards-- things that should be good are actually bad and things that are bad are actually good, like a twist on reality. Just thinking back on the "good will vs malice" quote from the trailer. Maybe there is some sort of morality judgement in the game, where actions you take affect things differently and you can either take a dark path or a light path...but in some cases the path that you'd think was "light" is actually the bad way to go.

Just a thought...

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Even if Sora does fall to darkness, I'm sure he'll turn out going back to the light, or that the whole events of DDD will be like, "Ha! It was all a dream! That's your shocking ending!". I hope it's the latter.

Imagine if it turns out KH2 and DDD were just dreams and Sora is still sleeping in the pod lol xP

EDIT: The secret ending of BbS where Aqua finds out about Sora is also a dream lol

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
i hope the ddd box art is shiny. recoded is the only one that had a shiny cover like 1, 2, and recom had

i miss those

dude what if ddd has that boxart that when you look at it at different angles it changes from sora to riku so it looks 3D
My copy of Birth by Sleep is shiny :(

MisuzuKamio

While his death was perfect, I'm sort of hoping this means Vanitas will return, but in Sora's body. It'd be a nice twist to have that be how it ends, and then have KH3 start out either playing as Vanitas doing evil stuff or playing as Riku to save Sora.

See, I was worried about something like this happening. I just don't see Sora deciding randomly "yeah, so I know I've been super against the darkness this whole time and it almost destroyed my best friend but I'm gonna go ahead and give it a try". It's just not happening. The only way I could see him "falling into the darkness" is if he does so willingly to save someone like with how he was willing to just jump into the darkness to get Kairi in KH2 or if something messed up happens with Vanitas.

Or, it could just all be one big troll and when we are playing as Riku you see Sora running around doing a bunch of evil stuff and it just turns out its Vanitas the whole time...somehow...

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
Np, just wanted to help.

Also I was thinking...I was always afraid it was talking about Sora and Riku, but maybe it might just have to do with things being flipped around? Maybe in the dream worlds everything is backwards-- things that should be good are actually bad and things that are bad are actually good, like a twist on reality. Just thinking back on the "good will vs malice" quote from the trailer. Maybe there is some sort of morality judgement in the game, where actions you take affect things differently and you can either take a dark path or a light path...but in some cases the path that you'd think was "light" is actually the bad way to go.

Just a thought...
i think that would be pretty cool, it would kind of fit with eraqus master exam, how the light got corrupted and he let it commence because it was "an excellent test" it could test sora and riku a lot, riku goes to darkness and sora goes for light when in reality the places are switched

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I can see it now: Sora falling into darkness, consumed by Vanitas or something and this will set the stage for KH3.

Ven1028

just reading through this thread is getting me so excited...im probably gonna have to go back and play the kh's...again lol

MisuzuKamio

i think that would be pretty cool, it would kind of fit with eraqus master exam, how the light got corrupted and he let it commence because it was "an excellent test" it could test sora and riku a lot, riku goes to darkness and sora goes for light when in reality the places are switched

I could see how this sort of concept would fit with Hunchback of Notre Dame world too. Normally we'd think the disfigured monster living up in the attic is the monster, but the real monster is the crazy priest in the church.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
I could see how this sort of concept would fit with Hunchback of Notre Dame world too. Normally we'd think the disfigured monster living up in the attic is the monster, but the real monster is the crazy priest in the church.

frollo was not a priest

the priest called sanctuary for Esmeralda

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
frollo was not a priest

Disney's adaptation of Frollo was a justice minister, yes, though if you want to be technical, he was originally an archdeacon in Victor Hugo's novel.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Disney's adaptation of Frollo was a justice minister, yes, though if you want to be technical, he was originally an archdeacon in Victor Hugo's novel.

he was probably talking about the disney movie, but the more you know :D

billyzanesucks

This sort of reminds me of BBS, with the way that Aqua willingly helped the two aliens capture Stitch. Hopefully we'll see a lot of coordination between the worlds and the main plot in this game.

MisuzuKamio

frollo was not a priest

Well, pardon me for not being christian/catholic and not knowing the difference between the two.

Basically in my book any person walking around in robes who is connected to the church is either a priest or the pope (despite the fact that I know there are probably tons of distinctions between them). I dunno any other terms for it. Doesn't mean I don't know the movie though, as you seem to imply. >_<

Also,
he was probably talking about the disney movie,
was that referencing me? Cuz I'm a girl. = P

Last edited:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I don't mind the idea of Vanitas taking over Sora as I could see it happening (many games nowadays love the whole "You choose between good and bad" scenario). However, I don't quite understand how Vanitas would not only get into Sora's heart...but moreso take over it. Sora's heart is quite strong so I don't see that happening. However, if Vanitas returned and tricked Riku into thinking he was Sora, I could think of some pretty interesting things happening from there. OR! Vanitas could somehow meet Kairi and make her the DiD...AGAIN!!! lol xP

Also, I really like how in BbS the characters got more involved in the worlds itself, but I still prefer the KH1 format where the worlds were semi-focused on for their Disney story but also stayed along the lines of the main story. I just need to see Esmeralda's goat!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back