• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D thread of spoiler-free gameplay impressions! (Thanks Neogaf!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KevVentus

Do the Dream Eaters actually attack enemies? Or are they only good for Links? And how exactly do the links work? And do you get commands from DE's or do you still have to meld them?

Questions, questions, questions!

MasterZeR0

Do the Dream Eaters actually attack enemies? Or are they only good for Links? And how exactly do the links work? And do you get commands from DE's or do you still have to meld them?

Questions, questions, questions!

They do attack, yes. In battles, as you and they attack, the "link" grows stronger. You can use these by tapping the bottom screen. I donno about the commands though

inverse K-blade7

Does the basic "A" combo evolve as you progress, like it does in KH1 and 2? Does any kind of attack (Link, commands, freeflow, etc. become useless by the end?) Are Sora's Links broken because of the invincibilty frames?

MasterZeR0

Does the basic "A" combo evolve as you progress, like it does in KH1 and 2? Does any kind of attack (Link, commands, freeflow, etc. become useless by the end?) Are Sora's Links broken because of the invincibilty frames?

Nothing becomes useless. It's all best when used in conjunction, from what I've seen.

KevVentus

They do attack, yes. In battles, as you and they attack, the "link" grows stronger. You can use these by tapping the bottom screen. I donno about the commands though

Thanks for clearing that up. That makes sense. The Links give me the impression of command styles, D-Links, and Limits combined...

Knehcs

I don't know how far along everyone here is, and I realize it will take quite a bit of time to develop the best strategies, find weakness, etc. but...

How difficult is/are the optional (secret?) boss(es)? If you could rank it/them next to other optional (secret?) bosses (KH1 Unknown, Lingering Will, Data Replicas, Sephiroth, Vanitas Remnant, BbS Unknown, Armor of the Master, No Heart, etc.), just how difficult is/are it/they?

I want to hear that it's/they're hell. ಠ_ಠ

Also, is there a Critical Mode (and if so, a Zero EXP ability)? And are there trophies like the ones in BbS and Re:coded?

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
Does anyone happen to know what the extra shoulder buttons on the circle pad pro do? Im thinking of buying it but if the only thing the cpp does is camera control i dont need it, im used to the current camera controls anyways. I just want to know if maybe it cycles through commands or is a shortcut button.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I don't know how far along everyone here is, and I realize it will take quite a bit of time to develop the best strategies, find weakness, etc. but...

How difficult is/are the optional (secret?) boss(es)? If you could rank it/them next to other optional (secret?) bosses (KH1 Unknown, Lingering Will, Data Replicas, Sephiroth, Vanitas Remnant, BbS Unknown, Armor of the Master, No Heart, etc.), just how difficult is/are it/they?

I want to hear that it's/they're hell. ಠ_ಠ

Also, is there a Critical Mode (and if so, a Zero EXP ability)? And are there trophies like the ones in BbS and Re:coded?

Critical Mode is unlockable, and yes there is a Zero EXP ability. Yes there are trophies as well. There are more then BBS, but I think less than Coded.

I myself have not played the game, so I can't really answer the secret boss questions :p

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
huh. didn't expect they'd kick us back to the beginning of the battle D:

Originally Posted by Keiician

As for the Drop mechanic - you're kicked to the beginning of the fight.
If you're exploring a zone, I'm pretty sure you're kicked to the beginning of it, UNLESS you're in a fight. So when my Drop gauge was running low while running around, I always looked for a fight, so I can drop back straight to it later.
It is annoying, but you can roughly estimate how long it's until the drop, so if you think you won't be able to defeat a boss, just drop at the beginning of the fight and come back to it later.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I always liked the idea of the drop gauge but these impressions plus this one from Siliconera gets me kind of worried. *the article has some spoilers from the first world* but this part is spoiler-free.

The Drop gauge started to blink (in 3D) and I only had a few seconds left to defeat the boss. I was in trouble and that wasn’t just because its giant hands picked up a tree to skewer Riku with. I couldn’t finish the boss off in time and the game automatically activated Drop putting me in control of Sora. I decided to switch back to Riku, but the game reset the boss fight. While the boss’ life bar was restored, Riku’s wasn’t and neither was the link meter than I used earlier in the fight. Lesson learned, make sure you have the Drop gauge filled before a boss battle begins.

I guess I'll just be extra careful.

KevVentus

The Drop gauge doesn't seem to be too bad to me... You just have to plan ahead. It literally gives the game a drop in and play feel that's suited for a handheld console.

I got the same impression with BBS' commands. You could play for about ten minutes just fully leveling up a command and then be done for the day. Here you can play a few drop sequences and and then feel satisfied. Of course, that's mostly if you're on the go. Once I have it I will undoubtedly be glued to the screen.

Maleficentrix

Really...how are you gonna have spoil-free gameplay impressions???? That's like having cake with no sugar or even sugar SUBSTITUTE!! JEEZ

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Really...how are you gonna have spoil-free gameplay impressions???? That's like having cake with no sugar or even sugar SUBSTITUTE!! JEEZ

it called "read the entire thread"

CyanSwett

A Non Spoilerish Opinion about KH3D's Story

I wanted to have the precise amount of expectations for this awesome game, and I haven't spoiled myself with nothing but the trailers of the game... So, you who have spoiled yourselves with the game story, I wanted to know in a Non-Spoilerish way how is it? Confusing, boring, repetitive, amazing, original, etc...

I really want to know your opinion guys, I would appreciate it a lot :)

Last edited:

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
Re: A Non Spoilerish Opinion about KH3D's Story

This game is gonna super rainbow bonk your mind. Everything in the series that we've seen so far that was mysterious and out of place will suddenly make sense. I hope this isn't spoilerish at all, but after this game you're going to think that Master Xehanort was a more... organized than you originally thought. I can't say much more than that without spoiling the story.
As for the rest, there are some touching moments at the end and parts that are very...uh, emotional. I have a feeling you're going to like Sora a lot more afterwards.
I can't really say much else. But the story is probably, in my opinion, the best since the original game.

krexia

Translator
Awards
Re: A Non Spoilerish Opinion about KH3D's Story

I've played through the whole game, and I found the story pretty good. About as confusing as I've come to expect from the KH series. It ties together a lot of plot points in a way that you're either going to think is incredible, or just incredibly contrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back