• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D tops sales charts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Saw it. Not gonna care until the stats come out because numbers are cool.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
213,579 units

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
There are various contributing factors as to why it only managed like half of BBS' sales, but it still topped~

With the number of 3DS units having been sold at this point, I'd think these stats are pretty good :3

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
And the second best 3DS title is Kid Icarus...why am I not surprised about that. lol.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I know that KH3D will sell ALOT in NA! I can't wait till it comes out here (NA)!

Well, it depends on just how many units the 3DS itself will have sold and how many people are willing to continue on with the series. But yes, KH is considerably more successful here in NA as opposed to in Japan.

LordPhantomhive

Awards
There seems to be some downers about this. How well did Days and BBS do on their first week? I think these are still good numbers on a system that still has a small fanbase through (and on a side note I glad Kid Icarus is still holding on).

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Wasn't BBS around 500,000 or what? *can't clearly remember*

I've no clue about Days, though.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wasn't BBS around 500,000 or what? *can't clearly remember*

I've no clue about Days, though.

Around 450k or so, but there were like 14 million PSPs already sold at the time. There's about 5.5 million 3DS right now.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Not as great as BBS, but making it to the top of the sales charts is still great. Not bad for its first week anyway.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
You guys also have to consider that it may be the system and not the game. I believe that the 3DS has only sold around 6 million units as of KH3D's release. The DS at the time of 358/2 Days' release and the PSP at the time of BbS' release both had much more units sold as well as a few more years on the market. The 3DS is still young, and many people aren't willing to buy it yet until it has the second analog stick built in, among other things.

anime10121

Awards
Those are great sales considering the 3DS only has like 5-6 mil in Japan at the momemt. The only games that have reached better first week sales for the 3DS in Japan that I can recall have been popular 1rst party games such as Mario land, Mario Kart, and Monster Hunter 3G(the only third party game that's done better) and they all end up selling more than KH in Japan anyway.

Kingdom Hearts always does better in the US anyway (except for BBS which sadly we all know was only because of piracy on PSP).

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
1/5 of a million copies sold?! That's pretty goooooood, considering the low amount of 3DS owners. >:3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back