• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D Ultimania Nomura Interview! - Future KH Announcement soon!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Doesn't look that appealing of a line-up to me frankly.

If Square starts adding TWEWY characters, they might as well just make Dissidia:Square-Enix instead & add CT & DQ. Now that I would play.

& if Disney would let Mickey, the 1 character they were most protective of, in a fighting game then I think they'd allow the rest.

That's a point of personal taste so what? I find this roster actually pretty good since it incorporates all the important KH characters.

Like I said, the TWEWY-cast is optional, besides Young Xehanort we could also have Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Maleficent as the unlockable characters and in case you forgot, Donald, Goofy and Mickey already were playable in the Multiplayer of Days.

Even if Disney wouldn't want that, leaving out Mickey, Donald and Goofy (and Malefcient if Disney is really picky) would still give the game a roster of 25 characters counting Young Xehanort. That's more than the first Dissidia had and except Roxas and Xion every character has also in fact a different battle style.

Awards
Assuming Nomura isn't jerking us around on BbSv2 and production has stopped, it's postponed indefinitely or canceled or whatever, yeah that brings into question what the Osaka team has been working on.

As people have pointed out, taking into account what BbSv2 was assumed to be, there's really nothing left worth exploring on the current timeline. So unless we're getting something non-canon like Kingdom Karts, then they'd have to broaden the scope of the timeline, and the only way they could do that is by going backward.

I could see a game focusing on Young Xehanort, maybe even playing as him. There's also the potential for the Keyblade War (though that's something that I imagined would be a post-KH3 game, if it was ever made).

For Young Xehanort, I mean, we already have the time traveling plot device so there's potential for tying that into the current scenario. For instance, someone traveling back to that time to find out some mystery about him. Maybe Kairi in her own game, hence the secret ending?? Seems a bit drastic, but you get the picture.

billyzanesucks

I'm guessing that it would be about Xehanort, Riku, or Mickey. They don't have many other people to expand on; not many who are fighters, anyway.

MinerKing

I know that this stuff takes a while to come out... but I am curious. Does anyone have the Ultimania and is translating the interviews/other importants? Or are just small stuff coming out for now?

I have the Ultimania and I'm currently uploading some god awful pictures (taken by me) of some stuff in there.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
I could see a game focusing on Young Xehanort, maybe even playing as him. There's also the potential for the Keyblade War (though that's something that I imagined would be a post-KH3 game, if it was ever made).

For Young Xehanort, I mean, we already have the time traveling plot device so there's potential for tying that into the current scenario. For instance, someone traveling back to that time to find out some mystery about him. Maybe Kairi in her own game, hence the secret ending?? Seems a bit drastic, but you get the picture.

It'd definitely be one way to do it, since Nomura said there would be no games set back before BBS. But if it's set out after BBS, and they go back in time past BBS, it's a loophole in a way.

So unless we're getting something non-canon like Kingdom Karts

Kingdom Karts....that made me laugh.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
There's only one thing this game that Team Osaka is working on can be.

I can't wait for this game!

Since they're not working on BbS2, Nomura said they're not going further back in the time line than that, and with 3D introducing time travel, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say they're going to start dipping into alternate dimensions. Just putting it out there.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
There's only one thing this game that Team Osaka is working on can be.

I can't wait for this game!

Since they're not working on BbS2, Nomura said they're not going further back in the time line than that, and with 3D introducing time travel, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say they're going to start dipping into alternate dimensions. Just putting it out there.

Kingdom Hearts XIII-2.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yeah there seems to be :) He posted some pictures in the Spoilers section if you didn't see yet.

Really? I've been avoiding the Spoilers section like the plague, but for concept art I'll brave the currents xD

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Really? I've been avoiding the Spoilers section like the plague, but for concept art I'll brave the currents xD
lol wait,so you haven't spoiled kh? thought you had to or something.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Nope. Spoiling is a personal choice :3

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Well, being appealing or not is a matter of opinion.
DFF's roster is comprised of main heroes & main villains from the FF series. You don't exactly see Biggs or Wedge ever being playable. Or Mid. Or Yang's Wife. Or Yang himself TBQH. The sheer star power of the roster is kind of a key factor in why the game worked so well. & storywise it was meaningful to have the heroes & villains of different FFs meet each other for the 1st time.

Maybe it is just me but I seriously doubt Luxord vs. Larxene is gonna have the same sort of impact. The roster being suggested here is comprised mostly of supporting cast, not mains. & besides the prospect of original characters meeting each other? They already do that, it wouldn't mean anything special like in DFF. Storywise, there's no need for a fighting game to make any original meet another original, that can happen in the normal series.

But if we were to include the magical world of good ol' Walt? Their worlds have been isolated from each other, aside from the Mickey gang & the Sleeping Beauty villain none of them are aware of 1 another's existences. Those would be meaningful encounters. & they are the main heroes & villains of their respective films. Heck, there's a thread in the spoilers section calling for more cross Disney interaction.

So yes, it is my opinion that DKH can only have the same impact that DFF did by actually having an all-star cast of famous iconic characters just like DFF did. Guess I'm just silly like that.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I just remove the KH factor and imagine the Dissidia intro with classic Disney heroes. You gotta admit: that would be amazing <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back