• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D Ultimania Nomura Interview! - Future KH Announcement soon!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
...you didn't spoil yourself because of that, did you? ;A;
Thankfully I was already spoilt with a few things. Things that happen in the Disney world, most of Traverse Town and the final world are a mystery. The start and end though I already spoilt xD

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Re: KH3D Ultimania Nomura Interview!

Kind of glad about the Final Mix; hope it stays that way. Some of the additions are great, but we never get them. :<

Isn't the 3DS not region locked? I do dislike how it encourages them to release an unfinished product, but I love the finished product when it comes out. That level 1 run in Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix really made it seem like a completely different game entirely.

In any case, I am glad to hear that there is an announcement on the horizon, but I am just really hoping that it comes out for something that I own. I sort of ignored all of the KH3D hype since I have no 3DS. I did almost buy one for DDD, but I used the money to get a PS3 instead (much more worthwhile investment, honestly).

Forsaken Shadow

In any case, I am glad to hear that there is an announcement on the horizon, but I am just really hoping that it comes out for something that I own. I sort of ignored all of the KH3D hype since I have no 3DS. I did almost buy one for DDD, but I used the money to get a PS3 instead (much more worthwhile investment, honestly).

Pretty much this. I just bought a PS3 recently myself, and even if by some minute possibility we see KH3 for the PS4 or something, there are still helluva lot awesome games I can buy, not to mention how it makes my DVD player completely redundant and gives me a Blu-Ray player without having to dish out another $300 (it's actually that expensive where I live, I'm just using dollars to give wider understanding). Besides that I own a PS2, DS and PSP which kind of limits the options to be honest, since the only chance I have now is for a new KH game for the PSP. Oh well.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

DFF's roster is comprised of main heroes & main villains from the FF series. You don't exactly see Biggs or Wedge ever being playable. Or Mid. Or Yang's Wife. Or Yang himself TBQH. The sheer star power of the roster is kind of a key factor in why the game worked so well. & storywise it was meaningful to have the heroes & villains of different FFs meet each other for the 1st time.

Maybe it is just me but I seriously doubt Luxord vs. Larxene is gonna have the same sort of impact. The roster being suggested here is comprised mostly of supporting cast, not mains. & besides the prospect of original characters meeting each other? They already do that, it wouldn't mean anything special like in DFF. Storywise, there's no need for a fighting game to make any original meet another original, that can happen in the normal series.

But if we were to include the magical world of good ol' Walt? Their worlds have been isolated from each other, aside from the Mickey gang & the Sleeping Beauty villain none of them are aware of 1 another's existences. Those would be meaningful encounters. & they are the main heroes & villains of their respective films. Heck, there's a thread in the spoilers section calling for more cross Disney interaction.

So yes, it is my opinion that DKH can only have the same impact that DFF did by actually having an all-star cast of famous iconic characters just like DFF did. Guess I'm just silly like that.

No, I do understand your point, and to some extent I agree. However, the Disney cast is well aware that the others exist, or did the PoH go all Men in Black and forget everything that happened to them in KH1 lol? However, that might be one of the key factors why Disney wouldn't let them. I can see Disney being all right with Mickey, Ariel, Jack, Donald, Goofy, etc. fighting "the bad guys." However, when you have lets say Ariel vs. Mickey, who is the bad guy there? Disney may not want their characters fighting one another (I know in Days MDG could face each other, but that is just the 3 of them, we aren't bringing in everyone else).

That is problem with the game you'd want, the only way to make that game have the impact of Dissidia FF according to what you say though is to just scrap KH all together and make it Dissidia: Disney. Sora and co. have obviously met all the Disney cast so there isn't any point in having them. Just scrap Sora Riku, TAV, the Org., everyone because they've all met. The only way to do this then would just have only the Disney characters verse each other, and that isn't happening.

The Dissidia games have to have more impact than just watching people from other realms meet because if that was the only interesting aspect, Dissidia is basically doing what KH did.

3DS is region locked .

Sadly...if it wasn't region-locked, I doubt many people on these forums would be begging for a bundle lol (I know I'd probably already have the bundle seeing as it wouldn't have affected the games I play).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Page 1 of Nomura Interview CONTAINS SPOILERS said:
“As for the who the ‘7 Guardians of Light’ and the ‘13 Seekers of Darkness’ might respectively be, I’d like to ask you to think about this for yourself for a while.”

Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance]

Interview: Tetsuya Nomura

With Master Xehanort’s Ambitions revealed, the plot is thickening in the Kingdom Hearts Series. We spoke to Director Nomura, not just about the mysteries surrounding his work, but also the future of the series.

“The Free-Flow-Action System was Implemented to show the Direction we want to lead the Series into.”

‘When did you start planning for KH3D?’

Nomura: That was during the production of KHBbS. We didn’t originally plan to start thinking about the next game so soon already, but as soon as I saw the Nintendo 3DS, inspiration hit me.

‘KH already has a reputation of being spread across many different consoles, but what was that special inspiration that hit you when you saw the 3DS?’

Nomura: The Free-Flow-Action System was already something I definitely wanted to try with the next KH game I make, so the one idea I really only got after I had seen the 3DS was the “Dive Mode”. In KH1 and KH2, you generally use a Gumi Jet as means of traveling, but this time, I wanted to think of something that makes you feel like you were jumping and falling right into the world. What I can say with certainity is that I feel like the Dive-System was the very first thing that came to me, and starting with this, I began to decide on the rest of the game’s system.

‘Why did you decide that you were going to implement the Free-Flow-Action?’

Nomura: Aside from the KH Series, more and more different Action RPGs, like Final Fantasy Versus XIII have been made and I wanted to have something that makes Kingdom Hearts clearly different from those other games. I wanted to clearly show the direction in which we want to take the series, so when I began to think what might be the best representation of what Kingdom Hearts “is”, I came to the conclusion, that unrealistic stunts and jumps, as well as maneuvers that’d be risky or even impossible in real life are something very defining for the action of the games. So I came up with the concept of Free-Flow-Action

‘Wasn’t it hard to ensure that this system wouldn’t end up as unpleasant to play with or a downright failure, but work smoothly?”

Nomura: Well, the staff certainly didn’t think the idea was good. (laughs) If you allow the characters to preform huge jumps like this freely, it’d be hard to determine where they would end up if you don’t support every action of the player, so when I first mentioned the idea, the staff thought that this would be hard to get under control. However, after I explained to them that this was just the direction I had decided I want to take the KH games, they finally went along with it.

‘In previous KH games you generally had to collect abilities from treasure boxes if you wanted to be able to preform stunts like the “Hi-Jump”, but this time around, things like this things are all included in the Free-Flow-Action, right?”

Nomura: “Well, actually, this is a pretty interesting topic. When using Free Fall Action, your controll over the character’s movement is somewhat limited, so you can’t use it for precise jumps, which is why we left acquirable abilities, like “Hi Jump” in the game.

I think that this is one of the great strengthes of the system, it gives the game a unique flavor compared to other KH titles, while not dragging down the ammount of control you have during gameplay.

Rough translation by nenilein thanks to the-terranort-report

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I'm telling you, if I ever become famous I wanna aspire to Nomura level troll because I'll be famous and can get away with it.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I'm telling you, if I ever become famous I wanna aspire to Nomura level troll because I'll be famous and can get away with it.

Nomura doesn't even have to troll hard to be considered one. It's more like his personality

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
GameInformer: Would you ever want to see a high-definition collections of Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II similar to the upcoming Final Fantasy X HD remaster?
Nomura: I do have an interest in HD versions, and I'm currently researching them. If it is possible, I would like to do something about the series being spread over so many different consoles, too. I am thinking a lot about the future.

GameInformer: In recent interviews you hinted that Dream Drop Distance is the last game before Kingdom Hearts III. Do you see it this way?
Nomura: I'm not able to disclose any information on what's coming next or any other future plans, but you may be able to find a hint if you play through Dream Drop Distance to the very end.

Nomura: I also feel that it's about time that Kingdom Hearts should go back to being on a console.

Nomura you troll you can't trick me! you say that you want to go back to consoles, your "interested" in a HD Remake, there is a hint at the end of DDD and no plans for BBSv2.

im calling it right now the announcement in the near future is gonna be a HD collection and KH3 will come later on. the HD collection will work us over until they are finished with versus. what else could DDD be hinting at? that is really all we know has the potential to be, so that's my opinion anyway.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
im calling it right now the announcement in the near future is gonna be a HD collection and KH3 will come later on. the HD collection will work us over until they are finished with versus. what else could DDD be hinting at? that is really all we know has the potential to be, so that's my opinion anyway.

Normally I would also think KH3 is near, but considering FFVXIII doesn't seem to be close to release and Nomura didn't begin KH3 when he was speaking to Iwata, I don't see how KH3 can be made soon and released soon as well.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Normally I would also think KH3 is near, but considering FFVXIII doesn't seem to be close to release and Nomura didn't begin KH3 when he was speaking to Iwata, I don't see how KH3 can be made soon and released soon as well.

Unless he's caved and decided to let the Osaka team make KH3, which I wouldn't mind at all because Osaka has done well with BBS and KH3D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back