• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH4 Development Timeline

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

mriku90

Awards
For my personal opinion I don't think it will involve "live action remakes" or even "all live action movies" per se but I think all thematic considerations point to a different approach to world selection than "SDG go to random disney worlds from new movies for 30 hours and the actual plot only advances at the very end". If they did end up making this a "normal kingdom hearts game" despite everything leading up to it, that would be pretty disappointing. And that's why it's no surprise to me that people are thinking about various alternate approaches.

Personally for new worlds I think they could easily get away with the novelty of Star Wars or whatever other surprises are up their sleeve, and not need to pull in a non-existant "frozen 2 crowd". The majority of game time could be spent in plot as Nomura writes it instead of needing to service movies. But is that too much to wish for...
Oh if they include Star Wars and Marvel as worlds they won't have to promote any other worlds. GA will be sold already especially if unlike the Avengers game that came out made by SE, the Avengers in KH actually look like the actors. I firmly believe they will.

I do hope that they have variety in the world and it's not just a greatest hits of the 2010's and up.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
For my personal opinion I don't think it will involve "live action remakes" or even "all live action movies" per se but I think all thematic considerations point to a different approach to world selection than "SDG go to random disney worlds from new movies for 30 hours and the actual plot only advances at the very end". If they did end up making this a "normal kingdom hearts game" despite everything leading up to it, that would be pretty disappointing. And that's why it's no surprise to me that people are thinking about various alternate approaches.

Personally for new worlds I think they could easily get away with the novelty of Star Wars or whatever other surprises are up their sleeve, and not need to pull in a non-existant "frozen 2 crowd". The majority of game time could be spent in plot as Nomura writes it instead of needing to service movies. But is that too much to wish for...
Nomura should be switching it up and using the DISNEY worlds to service the plot. It's not that hard, especially for returning worlds that have been "done to death" (according to some fans). Nomura could easily whip up an original story in Agrabah that can relate to the main plot - using the genie's magic or the Cave of Wonders etc. I think the world selection should really be based on: 1) if Nomura will have lots of freedom with that world and 2) if a DISNEY boss fight is allowed.

I think the reason there were so many restrictions with KH3's worlds was simply because the creators of those films were still alive and/or employed by DISNEY.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Majority of the live action films have been panned if not found polarizing at best. I wouldn't use those to sell any game. They have not been received well.
The quality of the Disney movie does not correlate to the enjoyment of the world in a Kingdom Hearts game.

Frozen is a good Disney movie but it was one of the worst world's in Kingdom Hearts. On the other hand, Tron was a forgettable movie but it was one of the coolest world's in Kingdom Hearts.

A few live-action worlds I can understand, but not an entire game's worth. Seems pretty wasteful considering how much it's going to eat into the budget to pay all of those actors to use their likenesses.
After the success of Kingdom Hearts III, I think Disney and Square Enix are willing to make that compromise. Again, this is all under the assumption that Sora doesn't return to his reality in this game.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The quality of the Disney movie does not correlate to the enjoyment of the world in a Kingdom Hearts game.

Frozen is a good Disney movie but it was one of the worst world's in Kingdom Hearts. On the other hand, Tron was a forgettable movie but it was one of the coolest world's in Kingdom Hearts.

After the success of Kingdom Hearts III, I think Disney and Square Enix are willing to make that compromise. Again, this is all under the assumption that Sora doesn't return to his reality in this game.
I think the issue comes down to how the worlds look visually. Animated Pride Lands looks way more interesting to explore than "live action" Pride Lands.
the-lion-king-wallpaper.jpg

01-pride-rock-lionkinglocations-TLK-001_PO_0240_comp_v0301_iho_v0002_R.1200.jpg

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I think the issue comes down to how the worlds look visually. Animated Pride Lands looks way more interesting to explore than "live action" Pride Lands.
the-lion-king-wallpaper.jpg

01-pride-rock-lionkinglocations-TLK-001_PO_0240_comp_v0301_iho_v0002_R.1200.jpg
To be fair, Pride Lands in Kingdom Hearts II was the least visually interesting Disney world in the game.

I just don't want KH4 to Lack Classic Disney Worlds (2D Worlds) Kh3 lacked the Classic Disney Worlds and the only worlds from the 2D Disney Movies were Olympus and 100 Acre Wood. I really want to see Jungle Book, Emperor's New Groove, Atlantis and Treasure Planet shine in the Series.
The only way I could see those world's be in Kingdom Hearts IV is if Sora escapes unreality and returns back to his, or alternatively, someone like Kairi or Roxas' travels with Donald and Goofy across Disney world's in search of Sora.

Back