• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHII goes expensive

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
The official site of KH2 has now confirmed the game will be 7700 Yen in Japan.
That's a lot of money for a video game!

In US Dollars, it would be $73,07 and in Euro's it would be €56,20.

But because the game will have to be translated in English and the import to USA, the game should be around $80,- !!

And Europe almost always get's the same price in euro's, meaning €80,- !!!!

I don't know, but it's a whole lot of money and it BETTER be worth it. The most expensive game I'll ever buy.:eek:

stef_fen_9768

thats not true, i've already got is reserved and paid for, and it only cost me 56 dollars so blah! to you mr. thinks he knows it all

T

The_Superior2345

maybe it will be less here, but you never really know, do you?

AForgottenMemory

It will cost just as much as any other game released. KHII maybe popular but is by no means that popular. Stop your worrying it'll cost the same amount as your average game.

iholdthekeys

AForgottenMemory said:
It will cost just as much as any other game released. KHII maybe popular but is by no means that popular. Stop your worrying it'll cost the same amount as your average game.

i agree... there is no way that just becuz kh2 is one of the most wanted games that they will up the price by $30..... i'm pretty sure it'll still be around $50 or so with tax...... besides even though you did a money conversion from like yen or w/e japanese ppl use 2 dollars....... i think you also need to keep in mind that in other countries things are more expensive than in other ones..... such as, i went to paraguay over the summer and they were selling a Super Nintendo (unopened, and with one of the original mario games) for $20......... and that's 20 american dollars....... [they also had a PS One for like $15]........ but anyway my point is maybe it does cost $80 but only in japan because they have to pay more money for things.......

keyblade of light

I live in Israel, and here an average game cost more or less 80$ (after you convert our money to Dollars) so that isn't much of a suprise to me, but what the hell!? 80 Euros!? That's like adding a quarter of the price! I'm a little short on money, but although we don't know when KHII'll be released, I'm sure I can think of a way to get that money by then (Best case scenario - it goes out late december, which is WAY ahead, and that's only BEST case scenario).

KHandBritney

acutally kh.co.uk on its coments someone said it was like $67 in th USA.....not sure about UK. Also it confirms the price for japan on the offical site.

This sucks......if this ends up being 80 dollars i will be so mad. I mean they delayed the game....... now there making it expensive.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Things cost more in Japan, New2Ya...

Usually when people move from where they live, to Japan, they have to save up a lot of extra money because things in Japan cost more....

The same exact apartment over in USA that costs $500 a month, might be the equivelent of about $800 over there....

So everyones right...7,000 or so yen over there, though it is equal to 70-80 dollars, will most likely only be 50-60 dollars in when it comes over here, so no need for fuss

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
New2Ya said:
The official site of KH2 has now confirmed the game will be 7700 Yen in Japan.
That's a lot of money for a video game!

In US Dollars, it would be $73,07 and in Euro's it would be €56,20.

But because the game will have to be translated in English and the import to USA, the game should be around $80,- !!

And Europe almost always get's the same price in euro's, meaning €80,- !!!!

I don't know, but it's a whole lot of money and it BETTER be worth it. The most expensive game I'll ever buy.:eek:

I'm not paying more than 60 dollars for one game; yes I'm cheap. So if it does end up being 80 bucks I won't buy the game the day it hits shelves. I'll either wait a while til the price goes down or buy it online or somewhere brand new for a much cheaper price.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
First, people who claim they preordered so its 50 bucks like their site said, are the biggest fools. That's just the price that site thought it would be.

Second, people who claim that kh2.co.uk said that the game will be 67 bucks, believe everything a bit too fast. Import costs, translation, money money money.

Third, people who say that games in Japan always cost more. No game in Japan costs that much money. Maybe the games they had to translate for their language, but NOT Japanese games.

Fourth, this game has a huge scenario, two times as big as KH1. It is the most wanted game of 2005 and it has a big famous actorlist. Money money money.

The famous actorlist get's even bigger for the West, and actors want money. Money money money, a whole crap a lot of money.

So dont you say I'm a know it all that doesnt know anything, because 7700 Yen is 80 Dollars. I even used special calculators for this.

And last, Europe always get games with the same number as USA. When a game like FFX-2 was 50 dollars in USA, it was 50 euros in Europe. In fact, in Europe we had to pay 60 dollars, and guess why:
(translation, import...)

Dont be a fool, and dont fool yourself. Just accept you got to pay more money and stop doubting things that are official on the official sites...:mad:

(sorry but I have no time to waste on n00bs that call me a liar... and no I didnt mean you RPGplaya, I know you really well, lol...)

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Dude....chill....CHILL.....

Things do cost more in Japan fool, and I was not just saying that to try and convince my fragile mind that it won't cost that much <_<

Legato_Blue

they arent gonna make hte game more than 50 doallars. that would be stupid no ps2 game is over 50 dollars when released. besides like ffxi cuase you had to buy teh hard-drive too.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
But you not accepting a simple fact!

KH2 is made in Japan.

Meaning the least costs... Whether games cost more in Japan or not (which is not true, most games still come from Japan and import and translation cost more money than you think), this game costs 7700 Yen and thats 80 bucks.

Do not be a fool and say that the game will be cheaper in USA, because USA needs text translation, voice translation (with a crazy famous cast, that all want their money) and import costs.

Sum it up, and it would actually be even higher.

they arent gonna make hte game more than 50 doallars. that would be stupid no ps2 game is over 50 dollars when released. besides like ffxi cuase you had to buy teh hard-drive too.
No game is 7700 Yen in Japan... except KH2...

Last edited:

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Fine... whatever...I don't really care....I'd rather spend my time debating things that matter*shrug*

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Theres not much to debate really though...

Look at Tekken 5 for example. In Japan? 6800 Yen. (normal price)
In USA it should cost around 60 bucks.

In Europe, it also costs 60... euros...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back