• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHII Manga Volume 6 to be released in April!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Some of you requested more merchandise news, so here it is! The Kingdom Hearts II manga will finally resume with the release of its sixth volume in April 2012, according to the newly unveiled Amazon.jp page. The book will cost ¥677 ($8.81 USD).

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Inorite? I don't even remember what was in the last volume xD The last thing I remember was Replixen No.44 and that was way earlier~

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
xDDD I want him to hurry and finish KH2 so we can get BBS and and Coded. ;A; He's so behind...(I want to see what he does for DDD too because it will be hilarious ;3;)

(Also hoping some company will buy the rights to the KH manga again D:)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I wish they would do that AND the novels, but they would have to translate and publish them fast since they would be too far behind.

It wouldn't be hard to translate and publish them. If Viz was able to do that whole "Let's catch up to Japan" thing they did with releasing a new manga volume bi-monthly/monthly, any other company can do so.

By now it doesn't matter how fast they get them out. It is about getting them out, period.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Uh, guys, did you see the other thread about that?

Egmont Manga & Anime GmbH (EMA) is a german publisher.

I've checked the EMA-site and they have only scheduled Volume 2 for 358/2 Days in February.
On KH2 Volume 6 they write "Release Date in Japan unspecified".

I actually doubt that a german publisher would do the Manga for Japan.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Egmont Manga & Anime GmbH is listed for every single KH manga volume available on Amazon.jp, so whatever :p

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Uh, guys, did you see the other thread about that?

Egmont Manga & Anime GmbH (EMA) is a german publisher.

I've checked the EMA-site and they have only scheduled Volume 2 for 358/2 Days in February.
On KH2 Volume 6 they write "Release Date in Japan unspecified".

I actually doubt that a german publisher would do the Manga for Japan.

Amazon.co.jpF Kingdom Hearts II 05: Shiro Amano, Square Enix, Disney, Costa Caspary: —m‘

Amazon.co.jpF Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days 01: Shiro Amano, Costa Caspary: —m‘

Amazon.co.jpF Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days 02: Shiro Amano, Square Enix, Disney, Costa Caspary: —m‘

Amazon.co.jpF Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days 03: Shiro Amano, Square Enix, Disney, Costa Caspary: —m‘

all of the manga list Egmont Manga & Anime GmbH as the publisher. its cool.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Bahaha, lol.

These Japanese, I knew many of them have a "thing" for Germany but that's just...pfft.
Are they telling us now they send the stuff Amano made to Germany and then have it published by Egmont in Japan...way to increase cost, guys.

Cherryjuice

Yup, because you can actually buy the German version of the manga in Japan. (The covers are the German ones as well - Costa Caspary is the translator.) Thus the German Manga versions get their own pages on amazon.jp.

To find the Japanese Manga you have to search: "キングダムハーツ" because amazon.jp is - you know - Japanese.
Thus the Japanese versions of Manga have their own pages like:

Amazon.co.jpF ƒLƒ“ƒOƒ_ƒ€ ƒn[ƒc 358/2Days(3) (ƒKƒ“ƒKƒ“ƒRƒ~ƒbƒNƒX): “V–ì ƒVƒ: –{

Amazon.co.jpF ƒLƒ“ƒOƒ_ƒ€ƒn[ƒc 358/2Days 1 (ƒKƒ“ƒKƒ“ƒRƒ~ƒbƒNƒX): “V–ì ƒVƒ: –{

And so on... These pages list Square Enix as publisher and Japanese as language.
There isn't a page for the Japanese version of KHII-6... (See for yourself.)
I also remember Egmont announcing the KHII-6 a couple of times but the release was always delayed because the volume hasn't been released in Japan yet. I don't know why they announced it in the first place...

Edit: Ironically there exists a page for KHII-6 on amzon.de listing April 2012 as release date. I guess someone saw this and created a KHII-6 page an amazon.jp
It's like Sephiroth0812 said: the Manga ist still listed as "Release Date in Japan unspecified" on Egmonts homepage.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Yup, because you can actually buy the German version of the manga in Japan. (The covers are the German ones as well - Costa Caspary is the translator.) Thus the German Manga versions get their own pages on amazon.jp.

To find the Japanese Manga you have to search: "キングダムハーツ" because amazon.jp is - you know - Japanese.
Thus the Japanese versions of Manga have their own pages like:

Amazon.co.jpF ƒLƒ“ƒOƒ_ƒ€ ƒn[ƒc 358/2Days(3) (ƒKƒ“ƒKƒ“ƒRƒ~ƒbƒNƒX): “V–ì ƒVƒ: –{

Amazon.co.jpF ƒLƒ“ƒOƒ_ƒ€ƒn[ƒc 358/2Days 1 (ƒKƒ“ƒKƒ“ƒRƒ~ƒbƒNƒX): “V–ì ƒVƒ: –{

And so on... These pages list Square Enix as publisher and Japanese as language.
There isn't a page for the Japanese version of KHII-6... (See for yourself.)
I also remember Egmont announcing the KHII-6 a couple of times but the release was always delayed because the volume hasn't been released in Japan yet. I don't know why they announced it in the first place...

Edit: Ironically there exists a page for KHII-6 on amzon.de listing April 2012 as release date. I guess someone saw this and created a KHII-6 page an amazon.jp
It's like Sephiroth0812 said: the Manga ist still listed as "Release Date in Japan unspecified" on Egmonts homepage.

So that's the reason. The Japanese also can get the german versions.

Yeah, I remember that as well, it should originally come out in September 11, then it was I think February 12 and then "unspecified" because they stopped with the japanese source material in favor for Days.

Aha...another German here I see...^___^

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Even if it is fake see what I said in the other thread about this, though.

xDDD I want him to hurry and finish KH2 so we can get BBS and and Coded. ;A; He's so behind...(I want to see what he does for DDD too because it will be hilarious ;3;)

Well actually, on the 28th Dec on his blog he said:

"Will you do BBS after you're finished with KH2...?"
This is something I'm sure KH fans are anxious about, but at this point in time there hasn't been any talk of it. I'm going to put everything I have into the last of KH2.

D:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
D: That is really depressing. I really like Amano's manga. It's got humor the games lack, and I wanted to see his take on BBS...

KeybladeStriker

Awards
It has been so long since I have read the manga. I didn't know that they were still going with it! Makes me happy :) So it won't sell in book stores then? Just online? And does anyone know if it will be in English?

sasuke 189

It has been so long since I have read the manga. I didn't know that they were still going with it! Makes me happy :) So it won't sell in book stores then? Just online? And does anyone know if it will be in English?

TokyoPop lost the license ane went out of business, so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back