• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHInsider 358/2 Days Caption Contest - Win an Axel/Roxas Plush! [SUBMISSIONS CLOSED]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TravisProdux

Re: KHInsider 358/2 Days Caption Contest - Win an Axel/Roxas Plush!

heeeeeres mine :\

kh358-2mangaentry.jpg

tell me what you think... or if i should change it if it's kinda similar to sora88's :\
it probably wont be my final one though...
and btw sorry for not putting spoilers... kinda new to this forum thing and i dont know how to :p

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards

if we're doing full pics heres my one

[URL="http://a.imagehost.org/view/0323/Vexens_spiderman"][IMG]http://a.imagehost.org/0323/Vexens_spiderman.jpg[/IMG][/URL][

did you laugh?

sorry for double post

Lol I loved the head part

I will never reveal mine, until the contest is over!

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards

Apparently, it is open to EVERYONE as long as you don't live in a 3rd world country. If you see starving people all around you living in small villages, you're in the wrong place.

He didn't say Third World Country. Technically, the "Third World" refers to those countries who do not have governments of either Communism or Democracy, which are the "Second" and "First" worlds, respectively.

He said backwater town, as in something along the lines of not being on any map or so far off the radar it doesn't receive mail.

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com

some site from Google said:
The underdevelopment of the third world is marked by a number of common traits; distorted and highly dependent economies devoted to producing primary products for the developed world and to provide markets for their finished goods; traditional, rural social structures; high population growth; and widespread poverty. Nevertheless, the third world is sharply differentiated, for it includes countries on various levels of economic development. And despite the poverty of the countryside and the urban shantytowns, the ruling elites of most third world countries are wealthy.

^--this i've heard of.

i've never heard of your definition Igshar.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards

Mine was the original, non-slang version of the term. It developed during the Cold War, when Democracy was battling Communism for control of the world. o-o Straight from my History Professor last semester.

Teiku 5

Website
www.facebook.com

well, not to be mean, but that means that meaning it outdated.

and i doubt anybody but history professors and students use that version of the word anymore.

EDIT: so as it stands, if you can get mail, you're most likely eligible for the prize.
which is probably everyone considering you're using the internet in the first place.

AllEndsWith-

picture.php

This is my picture. Although I did it, I think I might try to improve the text, if I get some inspiration. Or feedback....

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com

He didn't say Third World Country. Technically, the "Third World" refers to those countries who do not have governments of either Communism or Democracy, which are the "Second" and "First" worlds,

Just for the sake of argument, most of the third world is actually composed of democracies, monarchies, and dictatorships. It didn't necessarily mean a communism or democratic government, but the fact that the third world chose to not align itself with either the soviet, or nato forces.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar

Uh well that's what it is. A "third-world" country was a term popped up during the Cold War, I believe, for countries that didn't ally with the NATO or Soviet forces.
Just because you and others incorrectly correlate "third-world" with "poor, developing country" doesn't mean that's an up-to-date, correct definition.

I would enter into this contest, but that Vexen strip would seem too overused and a lot of the examples aren't very funny to me.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards

Just for the sake of argument, most of the third world is actually composed of democracies, monarchies, and dictatorships. It didn't necessarily mean a communism or democratic government, but the fact that the third world chose to not align itself with either the soviet, or nato forces.

Oh I see. That makes much more sense than what my professor said. >_> I always felt like something was off about that definition, but couldn't put my finger on it. Thanks for the clarification. <3 to Dogen, too, though he was a bit slow on it. ;o

I kinda want to enter this, though I'm lacking good inspiration from the comic. If something comes to me by the 25th I'll enter. :3 The Roxas plush is too adorable to pass up a chance at it.

Last edited:

Teiku 5

Website
www.facebook.com

well just because the examples arent funny doesnt mean that others that some people have submitted aren't. i'd like to think i have a chance but maybe its just hopeful thinking.

BluesStar21

I Sumbited one, but I forgot what it said. lol. I hope its funny to someone.

Amulet

I could only think of one line for the page, as soon as I saw the template I knew I had to put something above Roxas's head in the first panel. Unfortunately, I lacked inspiration for the other parts so I just went with the flow.

sora88

yay someone else liked my one mwhahaha..spiderman is pure gold.....but i think you guys are getting a bit political for this topic....maybe just a bit....you know. so how bout that competition aye, pretty wild. i loved the one about re:com. i LQTM =P demitri martin fans should get that one

XYZ

I just submitted my email version.. This is very exciting.

Is everyone also posting their entries in here too? I guess I'll comply.

[IMG]http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8166/roxasandvexen.png[/IMG]

zettaLOL

Website
wanderingwolf18.tripod.com

here's mine...hope someone finds it funny; i have an odd sense of humor.... my sister doesn't even get it TT.TT but i want the plusheh!! XDD

edit: i like mikoto-cat's, even if it's not totally original it cracked me up =D

12345.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back