• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KHInsider Reviews KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX-

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Shame to hear about the bugs, and glitches. Suppose it isn't entirely unexpected given the amount of work they had to do for this, which goes beyond what we usually get in remasters. Hope these issues are resolved by the time I finally buy this.

Yeah :c I mean, as a remaster, it's definitely up there with the best of them, but when you consider what they changed, how they went about it, what the circumstances are, and then the final result, it does falter quite a bit. I'm sure players will enjoy it regardless, but this isn't a game that should receive a perfect score.

2.5 though, if they take everything they've learned here, will definitely be deserving of the 10/10, of this I have no doubts.

Quick question: Are you able to change the camera control to the L2/R2 buttons like it was in the original, are you only able to use the analog stick?

Analog only I'm afraid.

Xagzan

Awards
So, uhh, guys, it's probably too early for me to say I'm in the clear, but I've been fooling around the DI for just under an hour, just running around fighting the FF trio and Riku, and I haven't had any audio or voice glitches, even when entering another area like the Seaside Shack.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So, uhh, guys, it's probably too early for me to say I'm in the clear, but I've been fooling around the DI for just under an hour, just running around fighting the FF trio and Riku, and I haven't had any audio or voice glitches, even when entering another area like the Seaside Shack.

Trust me, neither did I. My audio cut out 3 times for only several seconds, but that didn't happen until I got on the huge elevator in Hollow Bastion.

Xagzan

Awards
Trust me, neither did I. My audio cut out 3 times for only several seconds, but that didn't happen until I got on the huge elevator in Hollow Bastion.

Huh, for some reason I thought you were one of the people who had reported having a problem >.<

Wait, Hollow Bastion? ...When did you get the game? :confused:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Huh, for some reason I thought you were one of the people who had reported having a problem >.<

Wait, Hollow Bastion? ...When did you get the game? :confused:

I got the review copy this time around, so I received the game about 2 weeks before release. Couldn't say a single thing about it until embargo lifted this morning.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Think it's interesting KHI is giving a lower review than sites like IGN. You can't say we are biased as a fan site at least. :)

Gram

Banned
Awards
Great review, have to agree with the camera of kh1. u_u

MizuMikomi

Awards
Having played this in Japanese over the past several months, I can agree with pretty much everything this review brought up. That said, I still enjoyed the game through and throughout. Especially with it having been my first experience with the original Final Mix, and I knew little what to expect, having only played Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix and Birth by Sleep: Final Mix before it. I was surprised to find how...different but familiar it was, yes it is the same game, but it felt new and was filled with flaws—some minor, others glaring—that gave off the impression that it was in fact new.

However, I do have to wonder why many of these issues are still present? As we already know that the game was rebuilt from the ground up. So why couldn't they have taken the extra time to iron out those age-old kinks and fan complaints to make this product the best it could be? After all, they had more than enough opportunity to do so with having to remake the game entirely. In the end, though, my only hope is that the eventual II.5 will address most of the technical issues present in the series and then some. I don't want perfection, but I do want polish.

iLeen

Awards
Wow! That review came out pretty fast. Thanks for the very honest insight. It was a nice read before I started playing the actual game.

Edit:
I got the review copy this time around, so I received the game about 2 weeks before release. Couldn't say a single thing about it until embargo lifted this morning.

Ooh. That explains the well thought out review being published during the early hours of the actual release date.

Sorarocks93

Awards
Think it's interesting KHI is giving a lower review than sites like IGN. You can't say we are biased as a fan site at least. :)

Well, who are you going to trust? The actual fans? Or IGN? Atleast people here know what they're talking about.

Kevin Perez

Sign, just out of curiosity, are you bigger fan of Kingdom Hearts II? If that's the case would the rating you gave it had anything to do with that? It's very easy to pin point the issues of the later games but the original almost always goes unscathed, so the review is rather suprising. Not trying to degenerate the the first Kingdom Hearts but it becomes quite apparent, especially on these forums. Good review, nevertheless and hope that Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix will be an improvement over the first, since all we know those games are vastly superior to the original, Re: COM, and Days.

:tongue:

With that said, I hope the audio issues are limited to certain copies.....in a certain region.....in a certain states.....because I'm already dreading buy a copy with the defects. I really don't want anything to kill my joy for the game, so, hopefully, I'll wait for my B-day.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Sign, just out of curiosity, are you bigger fan of Kingdom Hearts II? If that's the case would the rating you gave it had anything to do with that? It's very easy to pin point the issues of the later games but the original almost always goes unscathed, so the review is rather suprising. Not trying to degenerate the the first Kingdom Hearts but it becomes quite apparent, especially on these forums. Good review, nevertheless and hope that Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix will be an improvement over the first, since all we know those games are vastly superior to the original, Re: COM, and Days.
Well, I know Sign is looking forward to 2.5 because of Birth by Sleep FM and KHII FM (aren't we all).
The flaws in this game though seem to be something that us staff see. Everyone is saying everything is beautiful and amazing and we're just here like "the camera stinks" xD
I actually think Sign gave a good rating. The numbers she had before were lower.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
@Cataclysm: I've never had a buggy game, before. When I buy a game, I expect it to run as perfectly as it SHOULD, so the fact that some people having sound trouble and others not is too coincedental. I've had that slight music/voice hiccup several times now, never lasting longer than I can blink. In any other game's case, I'd simply blame it on the game and take it back. But the fact that it could be "patched" says that it would do me no good in returning it cuz MOST of them have a problem and that the network can fix it. I'm very irked that something like that should even happen at all, but I guess I'll hafta deal with it. I would like them to fix it soon, tho; before too many folks buy the game and have the same problems.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Do you have it set to "auto"? You can set it to "manual" and it will keep the camera from shifting like that.
Yeah, I put it to manual at the startup options. Turns out that tutorial is an oddity for the camera controls(being an open space yet the camera acting like that). It was fixed in Destiny Islands.

Well, who are you going to trust? The actual fans? Or IGN? Atleast people here know what they're talking about.
And IGN has high scores for everything. Admittedly not entirely without merit but still.

Actual fans have a weird thing with being seen as more praising but actually being more critical

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Sign, just out of curiosity, are you bigger fan of Kingdom Hearts II? If that's the case would the rating you gave it had anything to do with that? It's very easy to pin point the issues of the later games but the original almost always goes unscathed, so the review is rather suprising.

My opinion about KH1 and 2 are fairly the same I think xD I have no particular strong ties with either (unlike BBS but I think everyone knows I'm biased as hell when it comes to that, haha) so I tend to be more critical.

Not trying to degenerate the the first Kingdom Hearts but it becomes quite apparent, especially on these forums. Good review, nevertheless and hope that Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix will be an improvement over the first, since all we know those games are vastly superior to the original, Re: COM, and Days.

:tongue:

Much agreed!

With that said, I hope the audio issues are limited to certain copies.....in a certain region.....in a certain states.....because I'm already dreading buy a copy with the defects. I really don't want anything to kill my joy for the game, so, hopefully, I'll wait for my B-day.

It seems to have become something of a competition here to see who will be able to get through the entire game without audio problems. Who knows? Maybe you will be the winner!

Well, I know Sign is looking forward to 2.5 because of Birth by Sleep FM and KHII FM (aren't we all).

Chaser knows me so well 8D

The flaws in this game though seem to be something that us staff see. Everyone is saying everything is beautiful and amazing and we're just here like "the camera stinks" xD

Worst camera in the series forever xD

I actually think Sign gave a good rating. The numbers she had before were lower.

And even if I stayed with those scores, I regret nothing!

1.5 is great, but there are really obvious issues that we feel like people are overlooking. Yeah it's pretty and it's HD, but then what?

Last edited:

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
It's a shame that after all these years, the camera for KH1 is still a little wonky. I haven't yet experienced any glitches so far, but unless they aren't game-breaking (like that one in Skyward Sword...) I could care less. Despite the issues, it's a thrill to finally play the Final Mix, and the remastered music is the best addition imo.

wolfshadow

Sign: Hey you stole the whole playing the game as a competition from my post lol.

its all good though ^^

and luckily I'll have this afternoon and all of tomorrow to keep playing and hope no audio messes up still!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Sign: Hey you stole the whole playing the game as a competition from my post lol.

its all good though ^^

and luckily I'll have this afternoon and all of tomorrow to keep playing and hope no audio messes up still!

lol sorry xD

good luck!

Holy123

Got my copy yesterday! Hope I don't experience any issues! :c or I hope they patch the game before I play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back