• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHML needs to be a true action game - literally KH on a phone. No gimmicks, no PNGs and endless gacha, no flick rush, if it wants to succeed.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Agroogrooiya

Awards
We already know gacha will play a role in the form of those trophies. We know that spatk will be tied to gacha; it's SE bnb to milk the absolute darkness out of whales and unsuspecting new players. But, I don't really care about that. What I care about is having KHML be a real action game.

Think back to the first non traditional KH game. Yep, that'd be the second game in the series: Chain of Memories for the GBA. Do you remember what everyone said about that game? Oh yeah...it had a cool story, but it was horrendous to play because we had to suddenly do math instead of straight combat. And this exact same sentiment was echoed with RE:Chain of Memories for the PS2. What other non traditional KH games did we have? Well, we had Days for the NDS whose major complaint was game speed. We had Birth by Sleep for the PSP whose major complaint was fl*atiness and bad ground-to-air (and vice versa) transitions. Re:coded for the NDS fixed almost every combat related issue that BBS had but ITS major complaint was again, forced minigames and non traditional gameplay. Dream Drop Distance for the 3DS was almost universally praised; command scaling and damage scaling was complained about, but for the most part it was KH on a handheld. We then saw the hellscape that was Kingdom Hearts X for the web browser, its son Kingdom Hearts Union X for the phone, and Dark Road follow up. Not one of these games was praised for their "gameplay". Nobody likes screen flicking games. They aren't engaging. They aren't fun.

Please,
Nomura and gamedevs, PLEASE make KHML an action game. The tech is there. The firepower from phones is there. The desire for true mobile KH is there. Just give it to us.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Complicated 3D action games are a pain in the ass to interface with when your only input is a touchscreen. That's why they usually don't happen.
Even from the trailer, I was thinking "how am I going to move the camera, target one of multiple enemies, do normal attacks AND special attacks, jump and dodge... with my screen?"

If there were a console/PC version coming, I'd be all in. But if it's ONLY on phones, then I'd rather a system and control scheme that's a bit less demanding.

Agroogrooiya

Awards
@The_Echo I see your point but thats why custom touch UI is a thing (integrated in the likes of CoDM, Apex Mobile, FF7FS). And bluetooth controllers

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
@The_Echo I see your point but thats why custom touch UI is a thing (integrated in the likes of CoDM, Apex Mobile, FF7FS). And bluetooth controllers
I did try out FFVII First Soldier, and found its interface clunky, at best. Doable, but not particularly elegant, and certainly not conducive to reactive, skillful play.
And for most people, purchasing a controller peripheral (let alone carrying one with you if you want to play away from home) is a bit much to ask for a mobile game.

Agroogrooiya

Awards
Mmm there is real capability to play at a highly reactive, skillful level with custom UI. Or a bigger screen. FF7FS is really the proof for it. Have some sort of auto tracking camera for touch UI and trad lock on fot controllrt

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
It just needs all the story cutscenes to be fully animated and voiced in 4K quality or better and uploaded to their YouTube channel on a weekly basis.

Chie

Awards
I'd rather it be a fake game if it stays on phones, so that I'm not missing out on it.

Zackarix

Awards
How are we defining successful? Because it's entirely possibly to create an awesome, fun game beloved by the entire audience that dies an early death because they weren't smart about how it was monetized.

Phone games are not the same market as console games. In order to succeed Missing-Link is going to have to be built in a way to be profitable in that market. Anything else (gameplay, graphics, story, ANYTHING) is secondary.

But given that OP seems to think that the non-numbered games were unsuccessful despite the fact that if they had been the series would be dead right now I'm assuming we're working from different definitions.

Agroogrooiya

Awards
@Zackarix

I meant successful from a video game perspective, not from a sales perspective. I want KHML to be something I can return to years from now and have fun. Gameplay fun.

Zackarix

Awards
@Zackarix

I meant successful from a video game perspective, not from a sales perspective. I want KHML to be something I can return to years from now and have fun. Gameplay fun.
I have bad news for you about the preservation rates of mobile games. Phone games aren't the sort of thing that you can revisit years later because when they end they shut down. KHUX being turned into a theater mode and gloried dress-up game actually makes it exceptionally well-preserved for a phone game.

Now excuse me while I go and mourn Mobius Final Fantasy.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I did try out FFVII First Soldier, and found its interface clunky, at best. Doable, but not particularly elegant, and certainly not conducive to reactive, skillful play.
And for most people, purchasing a controller peripheral (let alone carrying one with you if you want to play away from home) is a bit much to ask for a mobile game.
hey i do this now after Xbox Cloud Gaming brought Fortnite back into iOs. there are also mini remotes that are bluetooth compatible for iOs to make these games possible. by the time KHML comes out it will be almost 2023, and youre telling me a mobile game cant have touch and controller options for a game ran with what looks like UE? lol stop playing

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I hope they release it on consoles

if not - I can probably download it on my PC since the Google Play store will have games playable on PC soon

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
It really seems like the perfect idea delivered in exactly the wrong way. Simplified KH combat in Disney themed arenas against waves of Heartless, with the occasional boss battle that you can do co-op with. Even with F2P trappings, this is the type of game I could see myself giving a dozen hours to. But the fact that it'll be on mobile (with KH3 assets no less) makes me think the action will be extremely automated and based on what 'statues' you've purchased.

Back