• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 0.2- the dark secret...?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperor

What happens to a heart when the body dies? Does it go back to Kingdom Hearts and stays there or gets reincarnated and nourishes it [Kingdom Hearts] with each lifetime of experience a la The Spirits Within?

I don't think this subject has ever been tackled by the series or by Tetsuya. I imagine the heart dies too, and then a new one gets born into existence - not unlike how Sora was called a new heart in BBS. *shrugs* Or maybe they do return to Kingdom Hearts.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I believe the current theory based on the lore we have is that hearts from dead people return to Kingdom Hearts unless they're trapped or held onto somehow, such as the Organization trapping hearts for their artificial KH or Eraqus' heart being inside Terra's.

Seighart

Awards
I could've sworn it was said that it's Mickey who is telling the story of BBS0.2 to Sora. Thought I read that today, but I'll have to take a look. My thinking is cloudy, but how did they know she was even in the RoD in the first place?

Regardless, I both hope Mickey and/or Riku ran into Aqua and I don't. I do, because then we get some validity to what happened and as to how he knows, and I don't simply because I can't think of an explanation as to why they didn't take her with them.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
They should just kill everyone off and start KH4 off with a blonde haired kid who looks a lot like Sora... wait..

kreezy64

Awards
Impossible, Mickey was in the realm of Darkness at the end of KH1/beginning of CoM. That would have been the timeline he saw Aqua, if he did.

The last we saw of Aqua, she's alive and well in the Realm of Darkness when she meets Ansem in Blank Points on the shore. This happens after KH2 and is one of the most current points in the series that we know of.

Now see it's obvious that her meeting Ansem the Wise is after he blows up with the encoder right? But I recently rewatched the Secret episode stuff from BBS and when it goes thru the sequence of numbering at the beginning it doesnt make sense with this. It goes:

Scene of Sora lying on the beach at the beginning of KH1, then says "1"

Aqua walking up to Dark Margin and looking at Ansem sitting on the rock before their conversation in Blank Points, then says "0"

Rewinds thru blank point scenes of Ansem the Wise and apprentices and Terra and Xehanort to right after Aqua was saved by Ven and Terra's keyblades in the dark realm, says "Zero Point"

Right before you start playing, "0.5"

With placing their conversation at 0, is that implying that that meeting happened BEFORE KH1? OR that she met someone else?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Now see it's obvious that her meeting Ansem the Wise is after he blows up with the encoder right? But I recently rewatched the Secret episode stuff from BBS and when it goes thru the sequence of numbering at the beginning it doesnt make sense with this. It goes:

Aqua walking up to Dark Margin and looking at Ansem sitting on the rock before their conversation in Blank Points, then says "0"

Rewinds thru blank point scenes of Ansem the Wise and apprentices and Terra and Xehanort to right after Aqua was saved by Ven and Terra's keyblades in the dark realm, says "Zero Point"

With placing their conversation at 0, is that implying that that meeting happened BEFORE KH1? OR that she met someone else?

It wasn't placing the conversation at 0, it was placing BBS at 0 and Kingdom Hearts at 1. That's why when it rewinds it stops at Aqua first arriving at the Realm of Darkness and says "Zero Point", referring to BBS again. The secret episode starts at Zero Point and after the introductory cutscene shows 0.5. Meaning, this is Aqua's time between 0 and 1. Blank Points 100% happens after KH2, there's no way to dispute that.

Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence

I'm pretty sure the "0" is just meant to represent Birth by Sleep in general, and not the specific point it showed in the cutscene; you clearly see Ansem the Wise's face underneath the hood when Blank Points fully begins, and he says himself that it's been "at least a year now, perhaps more" since he met Sora, which would have been in Chain of Memories, which puts the encounter between himself and Aqua right at the end of Kingdom Hearts II.

The numbers represent the games from their chronological standpoint, wherein "1" is the beginning of Kingdom Hearts and "0" is Birth by Sleep. Aqua about to encounter Ansem the Wise was most likely shown because she's the only survivor of the game's events, and the Secret Episode focuses on her. "0.5" would have represented Birth by Sleep Volume 2 in it's entirety, which the Secret Episode essentially serves as a playable teaser for. As the "A fragmentary passage" segment we'll get in 2.8 is only a fragment of what Volume 2, or 0.5, would have been, it's been shortened to 0.2 instead.

I digress with most of my second paragraph, but hopefully you get the gist of it all the same. :)

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
We know for certain that Blank Points occurs after KH2 because Ansem the Wise says:

1) The worlds nearly fell to darkness more than once

2) This is his second time on the shores of the Dark Margin

Obviously, he's referring to the events of KH1 and 2, as well as when he was originally banished by his apprentices after BBS. Not to mention, how would Ansem know Sora pre-KH1?

Anagram

Banned
I don't think this subject has ever been tackled by the series or by Tetsuya. I imagine the heart dies too, and then a new one gets born into existence - not unlike how Sora was called a new heart in BBS. *shrugs* Or maybe they do return to Kingdom Hearts.

It hasn't been tackled yet I dont think. The heart probably goes to one of several places though. You have the realm of sleep, Hades and his underworld and so on.

kreezy64

Awards
It wasn't placing the conversation at 0, it was placing BBS at 0 and Kingdom Hearts at 1. That's why when it rewinds it stops at Aqua first arriving at the Realm of Darkness and says "Zero Point", referring to BBS again. The secret episode starts at Zero Point and after the introductory cutscene shows 0.5. Meaning, this is Aqua's time between 0 and 1. Blank Points 100% happens after KH2, there's no way to dispute that.

Yeah I fully know that blank points and her conversation with Ansem the Wise is after KH2. I just think it's weird that they placed that moment showing her walking up and seeing his back, which was a scene itself and not taken from something else, to represent ALL of BBS. Why not show them up on the cliff the night before the mark of mastery? I get that it wouldn't have made sense to then call the secret episode 0.5 but it can get confusing, more so than it can be at times.

Just looking for some clarification to justify what I already knew was true among other people. Thank you ^-^

Castaras

How on earth did Ansem get out? if he escaped he could had likely brought Aqua with him. Or maybe she was elsewhere when Mickey came but couldnt wait any longer for her...

I hope Sora saves her. X

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
How on earth did Ansem get out? if he escaped he could had likely brought Aqua with him. Or maybe she was elsewhere when Mickey came but couldnt wait any longer for her...

I hope Sora saves her. X

Do you mean when they are at the end of Blank Points? That scene takes place after KH2. At this point in time, Ansem the Wise doesn't even remember his own name let alone how to get out of the Realm of Darkness. He has bits and pieces of his memory that are slowly coming back to him after being in the epicenter of the heart collector machine's explosion.

As for how DiZ got out in the past when he was exiled almost 10 years in the past, he learned how to navigate his way through the corridors of Darkness.

Aqua has been in the Realm of Darkness for over 10 years and never actually ran into Ansem the Wise until after the events of KH2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back