• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Re: Mix is 80-90% Complete!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
You gotta remember that PSP was usually not nearly PS2 level on most 3rd party games. PS Vita shows even ACLiberation having near-PS3 quality, which is a huge step up when Bloodlines couldnt even reach near PS2 quality. PS3 games are expensive and require a lot of resources, and Vita is likely similar, hence the lack of support from many major game companies at this point. US economy is not the only problematic economy, but it is one of the biggest gaming markets in the world(hence why it gets more than Europe), so regardless of Vita being portable or it's popularity in japan, it may not be the most economic choice for square, especially when someone like Nomura says it's too close to PS3.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I am confused. When was there a reference to Kingdom Hearts 1.5 in KH3D?
If you get the requirements a secret note appears in the Journal that talks about "the past being reawakened as a new number" or something.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
You gotta remember that PSP was usually not nearly PS2 level on most 3rd party games. PS Vita shows even ACLiberation having near-PS3 quality, which is a huge step up when Bloodlines couldnt even reach near PS2 quality. PS3 games are expensive and require a lot of resources, and Vita is likely similar, hence the lack of support from many major game companies at this point. US economy is not the only problematic economy, but it is one of the biggest gaming markets in the world(hence why it gets more than Europe), so regardless of Vita being portable or it's popularity in japan, it may not be the most economic choice for square, especially when someone like Nomura says it's too close to PS3.

The big problem here, imo, is that with so much new technology available everyone has become waaay too obsessed with photo realistic graphics. Kingdom Hearts is easy to produce in the sense that it doesn't require as much detail. And it still works, because you don't need super mega awesome graphics to make a game look nice, especially not if the AD is good (like in Okami). The PSV is more than capable of handling old school 2D or cartoon-ish KH/Dissidia style graphics. But of course, every game that doesn't demonstrate the graphical power of a console usually ends up being a digital only release without any promotion to speak of these days. That's really sad. It's one of the reasons why I appreciate KH so much.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
If you get the requirements a secret note appears in the Journal that talks about "the past being reawakened as a new number" or something.

The past will be reawakened as a new number in never-before seen detail.

Prepare yourself for the awakening of the new number.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Basically, Nomura is a big troll, and wanted fans to get excited thinking it was KH3

Well, it says "prepare yourself for the awakening of the new number." As in, these HD collections will prepare us for KH3. It doesn't really try to trick anyone into thinking it was KH3.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I personally think Nomura has become somewhat of a joke. Which is sad because I like his illustrations and I love Kingdom Hearts, but I can't wait for the series to end. I know that many fans are saddened by the fact that Sora's journey will eventually have to come to an end and will gladly play these games to prolong the experience, but I would rather see it go out with a big bang before it's too late. People in general are already starting to lose interest in the series because there are so many minor games with rehashed content out already. And don't give me the "but they're all important for the story!11!!" argument, because Nomura could easily have written the story differently from the very start and planned ahead to make three major games instead of scattering out on various handhelds. Maybe it builds up the hype for Kingdom Hearts 3 in Japan, but I think it has the opposite effect in the western world.

Of course Nomura is trolling. He knows very well that we are all anticipating the third game. The pattern post KH2 seems to be 1) release a new handheld entry in the series that features something new but still adds very little to the overall storyline 2) use it to hint at another new game in the series which most people hope will be KH3 and 3) disappoint them by revealing yet another handheld game. I'm sure we will see at least two more handheld games or even FaceBook games before we get KH3.

There's a picture that I think perfectly describes this frustration:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
I'm sure we will see at least two more handheld games or even FaceBook games before we get KH3.

Except that we already know that after they release the 1.5 HD Mix (and 2.5) that the next title will be KHIII (and probably on the ps3 unless 4 is out and about by that time). The online game has already been announced and it not a part of The Seeker of Darkness chronicle.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
The big problem here, imo, is that with so much new technology available everyone has become waaay too obsessed with photo realistic graphics. Kingdom Hearts is easy to produce in the sense that it doesn't require as much detail. And it still works, because you don't need super mega awesome graphics to make a game look nice, especially not if the AD is good (like in Okami). The PSV is more than capable of handling old school 2D or cartoon-ish KH/Dissidia style graphics. But of course, every game that doesn't demonstrate the graphical power of a console usually ends up being a digital only release without any promotion to speak of these days. That's really sad. It's one of the reasons why I appreciate KH so much.

You're largely right, but they still have to deal with the fact that previous KH games havent quite met the visual sophistocation of the movies they're based off of. I'm not saying I want photorealism-I'm ususally the first to say that photoreal=/=good, but there is a little more work required than what you imply here. I keep trying to tell people that, even with comparisons, and yet people keep ignoring me for some reason in that topic. KH doesnt need a completely reinvented art style, but the evidence is there-in the movies and in DVD art galleries-that it would best make use of PS3 capabilities with more retooling than what 1.5 is getting. Only hard parts I see are the original worlds and the original characters, which admittedly we all care about more, but have yet to see how that would work. FMV style wont work for all worlds after all.

And to reply to your other post, I see your point completely, but there's not much rehashing and the "minor games"-some of them arent even remotely minor and they've completely changed the direction of the story overall; they're just on portable platforms with less merchandising.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I don't think anyone has to worry about Tarzan or about there not being a Western release.

Yeah. Since the game and voice acting was already established, Square Enix is free to do whatever they want with them now as long as it's not used for newer property. e.g. KH Final Mix

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I am glad to hear about the progress in development. And new post-game content would be great. I hope they decide to add it.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
I personally think Nomura has become somewhat of a joke. Which is sad because I like his illustrations and I love Kingdom Hearts, but I can't wait for the series to end. I know that many fans are saddened by the fact that Sora's journey will eventually have to come to an end and will gladly play these games to prolong the experience, but I would rather see it go out with a big bang before it's too late. People in general are already starting to lose interest in the series because there are so many minor games with rehashed content out already. And don't give me the "but they're all important for the story!11!!" argument, because Nomura could easily have written the story differently from the very start and planned ahead to make three major games instead of scattering out on various handhelds. Maybe it builds up the hype for Kingdom Hearts 3 in Japan, but I think it has the opposite effect in the western world.

Of course Nomura is trolling. He knows very well that we are all anticipating the third game. The pattern post KH2 seems to be 1) release a new handheld entry in the series that features something new but still adds very little to the overall storyline 2) use it to hint at another new game in the series which most people hope will be KH3 and 3) disappoint them by revealing yet another handheld game. I'm sure we will see at least two more handheld games or even FaceBook games before we get KH3.

There's a picture that I think perfectly describes this frustration:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I sort of agree. Most people on here won't say anything because they're blinded. We all know the past few games haven't been excellent persay (except for BBSFM). Kh3 will be out just in time for KH2's 10th anniversary how awesome is that!? Will it be for the PS4? NOPE it's gonna be on already dated PS3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I sort of agree. Most people on here won't say anything because they're blinded. We all know the past few games haven't been excellent persay (except for BBSFM). Kh3 will be out just in time for KH2's 10th anniversary how awesome is that!? Will it be for the PS4? NOPE it's gonna be on already dated PS3

Rofl no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back