• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Boxart Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
here's the better ones. :3

apiq2a.jpg

just edited hextorn's version a bit.

Yeah, this looks a thousand times better! And I'll also ask WHY DID YOU SAVE THESE AS JPEGS?! It's 2014, we have PNGs!

This box art is going to slowly become something else entirely X'3

Yeah, it's slowly becoming more like a complete Kingdom Hearts collection. Or better yet, the boxart for Kingdom Hearts III. *thinks about it for a moment* I HAVE A VISION!!!:biggrin:

LedxirnSimon

Yeah, this looks a thousand times better! And I'll also ask WHY DID YOU SAVE THESE AS JPEGS?! It's 2014, we have PNGs!

Yeah, it's slowly becoming more like a complete Kingdom Hearts collection. Or better yet, the boxart for Kingdom Hearts III. *thinks about it for a moment* I HAVE A VISION!!!:biggrin:

I didn't know tinypic site converted png files into jpg files when uploading a PNG file online. O,o;;

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Could someone do something about Terra's face? I believe it's that line under the eye that makes him look stoned, maybe even the nose.

580px-Terra_(Art)_KHBBSFM.png

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Now Axel just needs to be wedged in there somewhere. The symmetry is A LOT better now but it's still a little off in the Mickey, Aqua, Data Sora, and Riku (and now Jimminy) line. Mickey can probably be moved over a bit closer to Aqua and Axel placed at the end.

Also, and it's a tiny issue, but the KK's handle was colored wrong. It was made red instead of black and since I know it's there I can't help but notice it every time.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Overall, I'm digging it! I know someone brought up that KHII!Riku wasn't present, but he is? (Ansem, on the right side of Xehanort.)

I feel it is a little unbalanced with Data!Sora, Data!Riku, Donald, and Goofy on one side, and only King Mickey and Roxas on the other, and I would have liked to see more BBS world keyblades represented, but it's no big deal.

I like some of the repetition present - Roxas and Ventus facing the same direction, Aqua and Sora having nearly identical expressions, and the framing with the keyblades was a neat way to tie it all together.

FangirlfromHell

Awards
Oh my good merciful Light yes! This is worthy of getting if just for the cover art! It may be an odd question, but does anyone else notice that Xemnas looks slightly younger than Ansem Seeker of Darkness? I mean, his chin and jaw are just a bit more rounded.

Xehanort...you're a creeper and I can't wait to wipe the floor with you when III comes out!

Terra, finally a quarter-view of you for my reference collection!

Aqua has possibly the 2nd most important place in the entire composition for the protagonists. This would be an epic poster to have in room.

Narxus

Oh lord, I hope Nomura (or someone who could show him) reads these. It would be so awesome if he was able to take all of this feedback into account before the final release

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Oh lord, I hope Nomura (or someone who could show him) reads these. It would be so awesome if he was able to take all of this feedback into account before the final release

It's not like he just drew this a few days ago. This has been done for some time now, and he's probably moved on to other things in his busy schedule. He must be satisfied with this result otherwise he would have released it to begin with.

Besides, it's really not that bad, and most people here wouldn't even be looking at the cover much anyway.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
To be honest, in my 4.5 years of being site staff here at KHI, this is the first time I've seen anyone react so badly to anything.

People weren't nearly as upset when we saw the lazy BBSFM boxart lol

ArtieTruth.gif

That BbSFM cover art is still the worst cover art Kingdom Hearts has seen yet. I think the difference between this one and the BbSFM cover art though is that this one has potential to be better, BbSFM can't really go anywhere with lol Cause it's so odd o_O

I wish I could see some to replace that butt ugly Birth by Sleep Final Mix cover art

That would require almost a complete overhaul, this one people only seem to want to remove a few things or change a few positions, BbSFM would require getting rid of TAV and replacing them entirely xD

It's not like he just drew this a few days ago. This has been done for some time now, and he's probably moved on to other things in his busy schedule. He must be satisfied with this result otherwise he would have released it to begin with.

Besides, it's really not that bad, and most people here wouldn't even be looking at the cover much anyway.

I'm quite confused why this cover art is getting such a bad rep o_O I mean, I kind of like it (don't shoot me, but I liked it originally). No it's not perfect, but Days, KH2, 1.5, and KH1FM all had quite a few flaws imo as well...

Master Sora

Awards
Website
soraboots.tumblr.com
I think I have a crazy plan. When it's time to preorder the 2.5 collection bundle, Im going to order that along with the PAK fgure. Then before christms comes around I'll pre order the english version of the bundle and have it as my Christmas present. If there's any site we can pre-order for japanese version, can you guys let us know?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm quite confused why this cover art is getting such a bad rep o_O I mean, I kind of like it (don't shoot me, but I liked it originally). No it's not perfect, but Days, KH2, 1.5, and KH1FM all had quite a few flaws imo as well...

Same here! I'm utterly baffled by it. Usually everyone gets over issues they're dissatisfied with fairly quickly, but this has been going on for 2 days already. Pretty intense!

I am curious though: what exactly was everyone expecting the boxart to look like? I don't think anyone could have predicted this would be the outcome.

My expectations were extremely low and the only thing I wanted out of it was for BBS to be featured properly instead of being relegated into a corner with KH2 front and center, as was the case with 1.5. Lo and behold, that's exactly what we got! TAV are smack dab in the center (and the queen in the middle of everything as she deserves) so I'm pretty satisfied.

Last edited:

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I love how much this cover art has evolved on this thread since the original was revealed. I'm smelling some KHI custom covers in the works (I love downloading custom covers... Just get some picture paper and print it off, voila!)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I think I have a crazy plan. When it's time to preorder the 2.5 collection bundle, Im going to order that along with the PAK fgure. Then before christms comes around I'll pre order the english version of the bundle and have it as my Christmas present. If there's any site we can pre-order for japanese version, can you guys let us know?

Unfortunately the special bundles with the PAK are exclusive to Square Enix Japan's e-STORE and Artnia. At the very least, you'll need a contact who lives in Japan in order to obtain it.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
It's not that the box art is getting a unanimously bad reception. I believe it's just that the reception is mixed (I myself would give it a 65 to 70 out of 100 since there are both elements that I like and dislike) and the opinion is pretty polarised. It's actually cool and all, if I may say, because everyone is entitled to their own opinions; after all, it's impossible to please everybody else's palate with just one kind of dish.

But yes, dragging it for too long is ridiculous. Hate it or love it, this is the box art that we'll be getting, so might as well get used to it. We know better than judging the book from its cover and it's not like we aren't getting the game even if we dislike the box art, right?

KHRULER

Awards
But yes, dragging it for too long is ridiculous. Hate it or love it, this is the box art that we'll be getting, so might as well get used to it. We know better than judging the book from its cover and it's not like we aren't getting the game even if we dislike the box art, right?

You'd be surprised if I told you there is actually people out there like that.Aside from all that, I cry everytime I see this bundle ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back