• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Boxart Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyNameisAnsem

Well, on sites like this, it's always good to figure out how other people work and think!
And I know what you mean, it just came out...rather oddly ;3

Have you gone through the thread and checked out some of the edited versions of the boxart? Haha...quite a few people are less than satisfied...

No, I haven't checked for edited versions. I'll be sure to do that though. Also, if I'm not mistaken, didn't the Kingdom Key D have a brown/red grip?

MyNameisAnsem

The Kingdom Key of the Dark Realm has a yellowish-black handle.

Yeah, you're right. There is a red part though, just not where I thought it was.

20080521060319!Kingdom_Key_D_KH.png

MyNameisAnsem

And Tinny saves the day! Why do YOU think he colored the KK's handles red? He HAD to have mixed it up with something...

Maybe he did what I did and thought the KKD's handle was red, but then he also confused that handle with the KK's. Or it could just be a simple mistake the he didn't double check. Maybe he really though that the handle was red.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Maybe he did what I did and thought the KKD's handle was red, but then he also confused that handle with the KK's. Or it could just be a simple mistake the he didn't double check. Maybe he really though that the handle was red.
That's really possible. I mean, the red is aesthetically pleasing, actually. Maybe he just liked it and didn't feel like changing it?

MyNameisAnsem

That's really possible. I mean, the red is aesthetically pleasing, actually. Maybe he just liked it and didn't feel like changing it?

I guess that's possible. Who knows, maybe he'll realize that at some point down the line like he did with that Riku image.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Oh, IDK. Laziness, maybe he does the lineart and red and never turned the handle to black. Maybe it was creative license, maybe he didn't mean to turn in the version he did. I don't know. I don't like the boxart so I haven't really been looking at it. It's better than it could have been, though. Looks better on the actual box.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Oh, IDK. Laziness, maybe he does the lineart and red and never turned the handle to black. Maybe it was creative license, maybe he didn't mean to turn in the version he did. I don't know. I don't like the boxart so I haven't really been looking at it. It's better than it could have been, though. Looks better on the actual box.
Well, Nomura can't please everybody, and I know it's far from perfect!
But you're right. Everyone gets lazy sometimes; even when designing box art. Maybe he just wanted to wrap it up quickly?

nxtgarnett5

Well, Nomura can't please everybody, and I know it's far from perfect!
But you're right. Everyone gets lazy sometimes; even when designing box art. Maybe he just wanted to wrap it up quickly?

But I mean, in all honesty, how much longer could it have really taken to do away with what everyone is complaining about. I also mean, I don't think there was anybody telling him he had to release the box art that day (maybe he had a deadline, I don't know) but I feel like it couldn't have taken that much time to fix

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I also mean, I don't think there was anybody telling him he had to release the box art that day (maybe he had a deadline, I don't know) but I feel like it couldn't have taken that much time to fix
Prior to a games release, there are a bunch of schedules and deadlines that must be met. That box art was done prior to the release and they waited for the date to show it off. Every little piece of 2.5 news between now and release has been plotted and planned according to a strict schedule. That's why Square Enix isn't lenient towards people leaking stuff.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Companies don't normally take polls for box art. Deadlines, however, are a real thing. I honestly don't think it's that bad to the magnitude people are complaining about.

nxtgarnett5

Prior to a games release, there are a bunch of schedules and deadlines that must be met. That box art was done prior to the release and they waited for the date to show it off. Every little piece of 2.5 news between now and release has been plotted and planned according to a strict schedule. That's why Square Enix isn't lenient towards people leaking stuff.

Ah I see, thank you very much, I kind of figured he had some sort of deadline for the box art, but I didn't know about every piece of news having a more or less strict schedule.

MyNameisAnsem

Do that many people really think it's bad? I like it, so maybe I just don't really see how many people are complaining.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Do that many people really think it's bad? I like it, so maybe I just don't really see how many people are complaining.
It's been more of a case of people not liking the artwork, but it being alright when on the actual box

10552377_10203970192677259_6679834293077607861_n.jpg

nxtgarnett5

It's not so much that I dislike the whole thing, on the box it looks even better. The only thing I have really had a semi issue with is MX's face. That's all, it won't bother me when I get the game, but there's just something about it that I ask myself "why?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back