• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Scan in VJump Featuring Re:coded!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdog

Awards
Yes, that's a scene from the ending of Coded where Data-Sora and Mickey learn about those in torment. The BBS-trio also appears in that scene earlier.

O lawd, that scene is just gonna hit so many feels!

SoraForeverKH

Awesome! I am so excited now! One of the things I have been curious about is whether or not the special memories Naminé shares with Sora and Mickey would be rremade into a cutscene. This is great!
It was one of my most favorite surprises during my play through Re:coded! It was so cool to see the people connected to Sora inside the white bubble.
All of these new screenshots have got me so stoked! I can hardly wait! The HD grapics look amazing! Looking very forward to seeing the new cutscene. That is one of my favorite features in the KH series. I love watching the cinematic clips.
I hope they put a ton of movie clips into KH III. That would make my biggest dream for te franchise come true. And I am hoping to see a lot of awesome battle cutscene in the third, too. Like they did in the final battles in BBS. I think it really makes the game epic!

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Oh my god, Mickey and Sora floating through the memories is the cutest thing I think I've ever seen and Re:Coded is going to RUIN me.

I don't know if they'll be floating or walking, kind of like the scene between Harry Potter and Dumbledore in the last movie after he died in that white King's Cross. And that scene gives me feels! All we need is "Always On My Mind" playing and that's it, PREPARE THE KLEENEX!!!!

Has Kingdom Hearts ever ran at 60fps?

Well given how a still image has everyone in feels mode, this game could run at 1fps and we'll still be getting them feels...

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I'm going to cry while laughing hysterically. Taochan brought up a good point though, with the whole " It won't be cut up like HD Days," thing. I hadn't thought about that, but yeah. These cutscenes will feel like an actual movie and not just a journal.

Now THAT is exciting!

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I'm loving all the screens on the left. Especially the ones of Sora smacking those bigs around and seeing the people he has to rescue. It looks more dynamic.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
It's this kindof treatment I wish Days had recieved. Poor Days, always getting shafted.

LIVING for the dynamic action scenes. Can't wait to see Data!Sora lay out that deck of cards.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It's this kindof treatment I wish Days had recieved. Poor Days, always getting shafted.

LIVING for the dynamic action scenes. Can't wait to see Data!Sora lay out that deck of cards.

Yeah, unfortunately they really underestimated Days xD

It seems that they went in thinking that 3 hours would be plenty of time, and midway through development they realized they were completely wrong and had to make all these sacrifices in order to cram everything in.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
People hate it and call it a gimmick, but I still wish the fight scenes were cinematic with like "press buttons at the right time".

ChibiHearts249

Awards
People hate it and call it a gimmick, but I still wish the fight scenes were cinematic with like "press buttons at the right time".
I'm not really crazy about this sorta thing, myself. But during a cutscene movie that is 3hrs long...?
Well, you should earn the trophies by paying attention and not just letting them play and then leaving, so that might be a good reason to implement cinematic cutscene fights.
But a bad reason is that, when people are watching a movie, they don't put down their controllers to suddenly see a quick time event and frantically have to react. The consequence for failure usually being to watch the scene again. And again. They just wanna enjoy the show. It's a cutscene; time to relax.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It gives incentive for people to actually watch and rewatch it instead of people just doing the thing where you get all the trophies within 2 minutes and never view the cutscenes again.

I've only gotten through Days once and that was while I was drinking with some friends. I've tried getting through it a few more times after but I just can't bring myself to it as there's nothing exciting that happens. They advertise that it has battles, but to really try and give the best to the audience, they need a playable element to it in order for people to enjoy it and rewatch it.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Not going to lie, I'm probably going to skip all the cutscenes really fast to grab the trophies and go back to actually watch them some other time on the internet (unless I end up being the one streaming Re:coded for KHI).

I rarely have time to play games as it is. I'm not going to feel as though it's time well spent if I just sit in front of the TV for 3 hours doing nothing.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
I see your points, and you guys make a fair argument. I'm still standing resolute in what I said, though. I'm not even saying that I as a person DISLIKE quick time events, but I don't think they're a good idea for something so long. I feel like it would be terrible to have to actually PAY ATTENTION and wait tensely for the next event for hours on end. I just want to sit back and watch my stuff, preferably with a hot coco or some wassail in my hand since it'll be cold out; making jokes on the phone with a pal as Sora bashes bugs. Quick time would simply be too tedious to put in.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Quick time events work in games like Heavy Rain, where it actually affects what happens next in the game and not just whether you win or lose. In the case of Re:coded HD, where it's just gonna be a straight forward story that can't have different paths, quick time events would be tedious and annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back