• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8 Boxart Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
FFXV seems his like estranged son now.

I imagine XV like the son that was forcibly taken away and left with a new fanily who isn't completely sure what to do with him

also reminds me of when tabata said he didn't like noctis and had to imagine him as a child in order to develop him

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
If you guys turn this boxart into an iphone wallpaper I'll love you forever

I do anyway but i will with extra hearts

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Much improved over 2.5's boxart. Not a mess, and at least Kairi and Namine's absence makes sense here. Which is still sad to say, but yeah.

But Kairi's in 0.2?

And apparently Naminé talking to Terra somehow connects to it?

I mean, tbh, I do get why they're probably not on the cover. But Kairi (the real Kairi) is actually in 0.2, unlike some of the other games that she wasn't in them and therefore wasn't on their covers of for that very reason.

I love Sora and Riku's smiles ;___;

especially in contrast with the XV pic

You know, I thought that at first, too. But now after staring at the picture for forever, I almost feel like Sora's faking the smile some? (And some people have likewise argued that his grin at the very end of DDD is also being faked, when you compare it to some of his other ones.) Can anyone see that at all, or am I just going crazy from sleep deprivation?

Sora, Donald, Goofy, Riku, and Lea look awesome, even if poor Donald and Goofy are way too prominent than they actually are, the poor dears.

Unless 0.2 starts the beginnings of whatever epic story SDG will be going on in KHIII, to justify Donald and Goofy being on the cover more. I could see that happening, maybe. From what Nomura said in an interview earlier, it does sound like Sora's going to go to a certain destination at the end of it (or something), and for that reason he thought people might be confused about where Sora is--and why he's doing certain things--at the beginning of III, if they don't play 0.2 first.

Anyway, I'd like to thank all of you at KHInsider for the awesome job that you did today. I can't express my gratitude to you guys for your dedication enough. You're the best.<3

Now, may you all get some good night's sleep! ^_^

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
You know, I thought that at first, too. But now after staring at the picture for forever, I almost feel like Sora's faking the smile some? (And some people have likewise argued that his grin at the very end of DDD is also being faked, when you compare it to some of his other ones.) Can anyone see that at all, or am I just going crazy from sleep deprivation?

Definitely reading too much into it. It's just a smile.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
But Kairi's in 0.2?

And apparently Naminé talking to Terra somehow connects to it?

I mean, tbh, I do get why they're probably not on the cover. But Kairi (the real Kairi) is actually in 0.2, unlike some of the other games that she wasn't in them and therefore wasn't on their covers of for that very reason.

But neither of them have that big of a role. Nomura's (really emotional and sweet) addition of Namine and Terra's convo makes no sense in the overall canon.

I'm gonna go with sleep deprivation because their smiles look confident and cocky, as if to say the boys are back. Sora's smile not being wide only enhances the sense of him growing into a more mature character.

His KH3D one didn't seem faked. It came off as wise, as if he gained something valuable from his experiences. He was childish and ignorant, and now the truth was made apparent to him after falling into the trap of Darkness. Now he's determined to do what it takes to save the people who need him but not rush without thinking just because he's survived other obstacles before.

Anyway, I'd like to thank all of you at KHInsider for the awesome job that you did today. I can't express my gratitude to you guys for your dedication enough. You're the best.<3

Now, may you all get some good night's sleep! ^_^

Thanks! TGS is starting this week, though, so no rest for the weary lol

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Just looking at the DDD box art part and my mind was playing "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns n Roses.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
So far all KH-exclusive consoles have been for the handheld consoles. GBA SP (CoM), DSi (358/2 Days), PSP (Bbs), and 3DS (3D). If they ever plan on making a KH home console-exclusive, as others have already said, I expect it to be for KH3 since that's a momentous occasion in KH's history. 2.8, while an exciting game, doesn't carry that weight.
Very nice of you to list them all for me. But why didn't the home consoles ever get a KH-exclusive? The "main" games are on the PS2 after all. Wait, following that logic, wouldn't it make more sense to get a exclusive for 2.8 instead of KH3. Because KH3 is a "main" game. Even if KH3 carries more weight.
But is making a home console exclusive harder or more expensive?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Very nice of you to list them all for me. But why didn't the home consoles ever get a KH-exclusive? The "main" games are on the PS2 after all. Wait, following that logic, wouldn't it make more sense to get a exclusive for 2.8 instead of KH3. Because KH3 is a "main" game. Even if KH3 carries more weight.
But is making a home console exclusive harder or more expensive?

Nintendo seemed to go out of their way to make those exclusive consoles possible. Sony would need to initiate that sort of deal.

KH3 seems like the logical choice for a bundle, though, if not for its immeasurable hype behind it but also because it'd make for a great 15th anniversary thing.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Nintendo seemed to go out of their way to make those exclusive consoles possible. Sony would need to initiate that sort of deal.

KH3 seems like the logical choice for a bundle, though, if not for its immeasurable hype behind it but also because it'd make for a great 15th anniversary thing.
Right, two different companies. Why did Nintendo want that though? Also I thought Square would be the one to initiate it.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
By far the best Remix cover. To me, this one flows better. Another character would be best next to Aqua and Mickey, but Nomura must have some secrets you know ;)

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I'm not going to lie, I think this is my favorite boxart yet for the entire series. It's like it's just finally a giant culmination of everything has come together for the very end. Honestly KH3 will have a tough cover to follow up on.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Wow, very much behind this artwork. I don't remember the last time I saw (and liked the result of) Nomura playing with perspective, at least in the DDD HD segment. Looks like he really created something special. Might be my favorite of all the HD releases.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
FFXV seems his like estranged son now.
D'aww... D:

I imagine XV like the son that was forcibly taken away and left with a new fanily who isn't completely sure what to do with him

also reminds me of when tabata said he didn't like noctis and had to imagine him as a child in order to develop him
LOL I just had a mindpic of Tabata and Nomura being dad and daddy for Noctis xD

I'm not going to lie, I think this is my favorite boxart yet for the entire series. It's like it's just finally a giant culmination of everything has come together for the very end. Honestly KH3 will have a tough cover to follow up on.
Like I said in the last page: I'm worried KH3 won't top this awesome covert art :< I also suggested it in another thread to be much like Dissidia's reversible cover with the heroes and villains, only that KH's will be with the Seekers and Guardians.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I did not know where to put this, but since this thread already showcases Nomura´s art, maybe this does. Nomura did a sketch to celebrate KH2.8:

tumblr_odj2k5FIXn1t234ouo1_500.jpg

tumblr_odj2k5FIXn1t234ouo2_500.jpg

Gahh, I need a bigger version of that 2.8 image! I want to see it in all of it`s glory.

Source: New Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue sketch by Tetsuya Nomura featuring Aqua, Sora & Riku - Kingdom Hearts News - KH13.com - KH13.com, for Kingdom Hearts

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
My God I sincerely hope that a full res picture of this artwork but without any of the text/logo gets released, or at least someone scans one eventually. I have 1.5 and 2.5 posters without the logos up in my room and I of course need 2.8 to go alongside them. That super HQ box art image Sign posted just made me crave it even more.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Actually Naxkia is the real source for the images: https://twitter.com/naxkia/status/776271298368376832

Aah sorry. Should have read the thing more carefully before posting.

My God I sincerely hope that a full res picture of this artwork but without any of the text/logo gets released, or at least someone scans one eventually. I have 1.5 and 2.5 posters without the logos up in my room and I of course need 2.8 to go alongside them. That super HQ box art image Sign posted just made me crave it even more.

Yeah, I hope so too. I was sad when there was the vote thing for the best Playstation games awhile back and KH was there too, so Nomura did a pretty cool sketch of Sora and there is only a little screenshot of that image. It does not do it justice.
Yeah, the 2.8 box cover is so nice. It warms my heart to see that there are still people who do hand drawn art covers. There is never enough Nomura drawn Aqua art, or Nomura drawn art in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back