• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8 Boxart Revealed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I am hoping we might get more group pictures with KH's own characters.

Relaiting to 0.2, I wonder if it will have it's own main menu screen artwork? I liked how past games like KH1 and 2 had their own Nomura drawn artwork as the menu, but now days it looks like they have been using the box art instead. I would love if 0.2 would be Aqua in the Dark Margin, making it a parallel how in the vanilla versions of KH1 and 2 it was Sora on a beach.

I hope so, I love the menu pics in KH1 and 2. I'm sure KH3 will get a different artwork for it, but since 0.2 is the prologue and all, I hope it will too.

I wonder which version of Dearly Beloved 0.2 will use. Probably BBS? No way it would get it's own.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I hope so, I love the menu pics in KH1 and 2. I'm sure KH3 will get a different artwork for it, but since 0.2 is the prologue and all, I hope it will too.

I wonder which version of Dearly Beloved 0.2 will use. Probably BBS? No way it would get it's own.

I mean, if it's getting its own fully animated CGI opening from Visual Works with a new custom-made simple and clean remix, I don't see why it wouldn't get a quick arrangement of dearly beloved.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I mean, if it's getting its own fully animated CGI opening from Visual Works with a new custom-made simple and clean remix, I don't see why it wouldn't get a quick arrangement of dearly beloved.

Okay, that's true. I think the new remix is for 2.8 as a whole, but they did put a lot of effort into the 0.2 opening visuals, and just the fact that we got a new theme song anyway does make it very possible that we get new Dearly Beloved too. I don't want to get my hopes up but it might just happen. It's not a big deal I guess but it always makes me super excited to get a new version, everytime you hear one, you know you've got a new KH game to play :D

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

How did you know that the CGI openings for Kingdom Hearts are by Visual Works? I thought that it was done by Square Enix internally?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Visual Works IS their internal CG movie/visual team. Why do you think people praise Visual Works and SE all of the time lol

I have never known that Square Enix had a distinct CG department called Visual Works until now. Heck, I never heard that there was a company that existed until it was mentioned in this topic.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I have never known that Square Enix had a distinct CG department called Visual Works until now. Heck, I never heard that there was a company that existed until it was mentioned in this topic.
We know everything here. xD

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I think it`s pretty nice that despite 0.2 being a small title in a way, folks at Square still decided to create a new cinematic opening for this title, and even make a remix of one of the older songs with a fitting message incorporated in it. I`d love a new Dearly Beloved in 0.2 too and like Tinny said, after all this work they have already done, a new version of DB does not seem impossible. I guess Shimomura might be less busy too since FFXV is nearing it´s release. If this title does get a new DB, I hope a bit that they would put some sort of night theme in it. Listening to BBS Dearly Beloved always made me think of the night sky, and I think something similar would fit to 0.2 since it`s in the RoD, and Aqua´s journey takes her to the Dark Margin.

​and a new main menu artwork, pls

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Seriously? People mention it frequently! It was brought up in the thread about Takeshi Nozue talking about a KH movie!

Well, I'll give you a bit of a rundown of their duties xD It is actually refreshing that you have no idea who they are because they are pretty much gods to Square Enix fans.

As far as I can remember, Visual Works was opened by Squaresoft in the late 1990s in order to make their CG visuals for games. Their first project was creating the CG visuals and movies present in Final Fantasy VII. They also did the CG work for The Spirits Within. They have worked on the visuals and movies on almost all of Square Enix's games since FF7 and when Square Enix purchased Eidos, they also started doing CG work for them as well.

Every beautiful CG visual, opening, ending, etc. has been by Visual Works. The level of detail they employ has always been compared to Disney and Pixar's CG prowess due to just how GOOD they are.

Like wow. I just can't believe you didn't know this. Visual Works gets brought up all of the time around here!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Seriously? People mention it frequently! It was brought up in the thread about Takeshi Nozue talking about a KH movie!

Well, I'll give you a bit of a rundown of their duties xD It is actually refreshing that you have no idea who they are because they are pretty much gods to Square Enix fans.

As far as I can remember, Visual Works was opened by Squaresoft in the late 1990s in order to make their CG visuals for games. Their first project was creating the CG visuals and movies present in Final Fantasy VII. They also did the CG work for The Spirits Within. They have worked on the visuals and movies on almost all of Square Enix's games since FF7 and when Square Enix purchased Eidos, they also started doing CG work for them as well.

Every beautiful CG visual, opening, ending, etc. has been by Visual Works. The level of detail they employ has always been compared to Disney and Pixar's CG prowess due to just how GOOD they are.

Like wow. I just can't believe you didn't know this. Visual Works gets brought up all of the time around here!

Interesting... I was always intrigued as to why Square Enix's opening for their video games are so grand despite not being as wealthy as Sega Sammy, Bandai Namco and Capcom. Well, as they say...

200_s.gif

Just out of sheer curiosity, have they done any work on Enix titles like Dragon Quest and Star Ocean too?

Arc

Anyone else who believes Lea is going to be the Seventh?
Might just be me who's biased, but I think he has a fair chance :)

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Anyone else who believes Lea is going to be the Seventh?
Might just be me who's biased, but I think he has a fair chance :)

He does, and then in the next second I wonder if that wouldn't be too obvious. Nomura loves to "surprise" and shock us, so I'm kind of...afraid he's gonna make some unlikely characters lights and darknesses.

Arc

Hmm... I mean I guess if he wants to pull something with either Terra or Aqua.
Because right now the only three confirmed are Sora, Riku and Mickey, leaving Ventus and Aqua most likely being lights as well.
So now there are still two spots if I'm not mistaken. So possible characters in my eyes are Lea, Terra and Kairi.
I think Kairi is pretty obvious, being under training at the moment. But between Lea and Terra, I'm not sure.
I want Lea to be the Seventh, and I think the whole Terranort story is really great. I can just see the amount of drama that could come out of it, if let's say Vanitas and Aqua had to strike him down.
Or Nomura could just play a "Power of Friendship" card, and ditch Lea or sacrifice him... :'(

Last edited:

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Hmm... I mean I guess if he wants to pull something with either Terra or Aqua.
Because right now the only three confirmed are Sora, Riku and Mickey, leaving Vanitas and Aqua most likely being lights as well.
So now there are still two spots if I'm not mistaken. So possible characters in my eyes are Lea, Terra and Kairi.
I think Kairi is pretty obvious, being under training at the moment. But between Lea and Terra, I'm not sure.
I want Lea to be the Seventh, and I think the whole Terranort story is really great. I can just see the amount of drama that could come out of it, if let's say Vanitas and Aqua had to strike him down.
Or Nomura could just play a "Power of Friendship" card, and ditch Lea or sacrifice him... :'(

When you say Vanitas, I think you mean Ventus? :D But yeah, as long as Nomura doesn't pull anything just for the shock value, Lea being one of them seems likely. There has to be a reason he was given a keyblade.

Arc

Yes, Ventus XD Just realized...
No, of course Vanitas would become a light, I mean, if you want to pull a plot twist you've gotta go big or go home, right? ;)

Hirokey123

Awards
Go big or go home? Then they need to do something even bigger like make Young Eraqus a darkness and Young Xehanort a light.

Arc

Go big or go home? Then they need to do something even bigger like make Young Eraqus a darkness and Young Xehanort a light.

Ok fair enough :p Young Eraqus is something he might pull, but I think young Xehanort might be a bit too much of a stretch ;)
Plus it was meant as a joke about my typo ^^

Muke

whatever
Awards
So possible characters in my eyes are Lea, Terra and Kairi.
I mean… why would Nomura give Lea a Keyblade if he won't be a GoL? I'm pretty sure he will be one of them.
(I am not saying 'Everybody who has a Keyblade => GoL' or anything. I just don't see why they'd take his Chakrams away if Lea wouldn't play a big role as a GoL.)

What I am more curious about is DG's Status… what will they even do at the final fight? Will they just sit there and wait because they're not under the GoLs? Will they still help no matter what?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Sora's not even that confirmed. I mean, both sides claimed him as one of their own.
And it SEEMS Xehanort failed, although he wasn't that worried over it.
Which means, he either actually succeeded or he knows he eventually will, or has already found another vessel/Sora was never meant to be one, it was all a ruse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back