• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 is featured in Dengeki PlayStation #629!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qiesamuel

- In the same trailer Sora, Donald and Goofy's presense were also confirmed. I think this moment of the trailer made fans incredibly happy.

Nomura: Up until now, we hadn't developed cutscenes for next generation consoles, so we're still getting used to it, however I think they will only further be improved with time.

CMIIW, doesn't this mean they haven't created cutscenes for KH 3? So the game is still far away from completion.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Y'know, the Organization used Naminé against Sora.

This means, naturally, that the Organization would have had to have discovered her power over memories.
Which means she would have had to demonstrate that ability.

The only member who could have had a connection to Sora at that time was Xemnas.
Who happens to be Terra's body.

Alternatively, Xemnas was also present in Hollow Bastion (in Final Mix at least). He may have also been aware that Kairi's heart was resting in Sora hence why he has an interest in Namine too. But you do bring a valid connection.

The way I see it, I believe that Namine communicated with Terra before Sora went to The End of The World. Namine may have been well aware of everyone connected to Sora before she was even given physical form.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The way I see it, I believe that Namine communicated with Terra before Sora went to The End of The World. Namine may have been well aware of everyone connected to Sora before she was even given physical form.

While the point in RoL-time when the scene of the concert happens might be truly around just before End of the World, in some form Naminé must have either future knowledge or be time traveling from the time beyond CoM since as Audo pointed out, she addresses Terra as being the "only one the people of the current time have no idea where he could be", which is a piece of information a just born/pre-CoM Naminé simply can't have even with memory powers as there are no memories that pertain to this fact yet.

By the time 0.2 (which takes place most likely parallel to the last third of KH 1 as far as they have shown) is happening, "the people of the current time" do not only have no idea where Terra is, by that time they also have also no idea about Ventus and if the whole "Terra contacting Aqua"-stuff takes place before Mickey runs into her they also don't know about Aqua either.

The part of Terra being the only one they have not even a hint towards makes only sense from a post-CoM point in time if not even a post-Re:Coded point as it was during Re: Coded (by first seeing Roxas' appearance and being told of the "very special bond" between Sora and Ventus by Data-Naminé) that Mickey finally learned a hint as to where Ventus might be.
He even outright says that in the first secret ending of Re: Coded to Yen Sid, that they might finally have a clue towards where Ventus' heart is.

So there is definitely a discrepancy in terms of the timeline that can be arguably resolved only in two ways:

Either a) Naminé's heart is somehow time-travelling and goes back with present (post-CoM/possibly even post-Re:Coded) knowledge to the time of the last third of KH 1, stirring the Lingering Will somehow and resulting in Terra's essence taking up action or
b) 0.2 covers more RoL-time than what has been hinted at so far (time flow in the RoD is severely warped anyways) and both the Lingering Will/Naminé-meeting and Terra contacting Aqua takes place parallel to later events in the RoL-timeline.

Possibility b) might sound to some more unlikely due to the assumption that Enchanted Dominion (where the particular scene seems to take place) could only be traversed by Aqua before the end of KH 1 due to it being restored afterwards...but that does NOT have to be the case actually.
What if Enchanted Dominion is one of the worlds NOT restored at the end of KH 1 but which fell into the Realm of Sleep instead? We never see or have any mention about ED in titles after KH 1 and Maleficent is constantly on the lookout for a new base of operations, something she wouldn't need to do if ED was restored as then she could use the Forbidden Mountain as a base again.
Enchanted Dominion being still a sleeping world even after DDD (it was never specified that Riku's and Sora's opening of the seven sleeping keyholes actually released all sleeping worlds) would also allow for some possible connections to a certain other version of ED which we saw in a certain secret ending of a certain browser-game.

palizinhas

Awards
...of course Naminé's time-travelling. And of course the First Breath thing makes as little sense as it did when we first heard about it. I'm not even surprised lol.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The conversation from the 'First Breath Concert' takes place just prior to Kingdom Hearts 0.2.

Namine follows the chains of those connected to Terra to reach the Lingering Will, who has been resting in the Keyblade Graveyard since the end of Birth by Sleep.

She tells the Lingering Will to guide Aqua through the Darkness.

Terra shows up at Castle of Dreams, near the beginning of 0.2.

Aqua has a bit to go through before she reaches Destiny Islands, and the end of Kingdom Hearts 1.

However it seems unlikely for Namine to have existed just prior to 0.2, as the events from Sora stabbing himself to closing "Kingdom Hearts" takes place over the course of a week in the Realm of Light.

Of course, time does move slowly in the Realm of Darkness but Namine speaks as if she has the knowledge of what occurs in Chain of Memories and Re:coded, in that people are connected to Sora and they're hurting.

HELP.

Last edited:

Zul

Awards
Well, the knowledge that people are hurting and connected to Sora could be dealing with Ven and Aqua. Ven is an obvious case, as for Aqua, Namine probably examined that memory that appeared in DDD (of Aqua petting Sora and Riku on the head :tongue: )

Does Namine need to have time-traveled though? I thought the terra/terranort event could have taken place between KH1's end and Namine's birth, although that's a tiny span of time.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
My answer to all this:
"Master Yen Sid lives here?"

'Nuff said.
There CAN be a valid explanation about this in Nomura's head, but damn it isn't really clear and it shouldn't be headache inducing.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Or just she connected to those Aline with Sora and found something, nothing headache inducing or time travel.

Plus I thought you have to discard your body was one of the ways to travel through time where another you existed? Am I wrong?

So Naminé is connecting to a present Terra yet to be confirmed post his battle with Xehanort. Unless there's more about Naminé and her power that limits just Sora And those he's met, we don't know.

Xagzan

Awards
Oi.

Oi, Nomura.

Could you please put this Terra/Namine scene in one of the games and not just, you know, a concert.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
The other's theory about Time Travel seems to work based on the fact that Naminé doesn't really have a body, so she could travel easier kinda like Ansem SoD did, for what I've understood.

The thing is, in Re:Coded Naminé states she found the info about Ventus and the others when she was putting Sora's memories back together, hence post CoM.
Also, I think when she talks about those who hurt she means Xion too, and that's even later.
It's definitely hard to justify all of this knowledge in pre-CoM Naminé.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Thanks to Saken for translating this!

Nomura: For details please look forward to playing the game. By the way, at the Official Kingdom Hearts "First Breath" concert, we had a conversation read out vocally to the audience involving Namine and Terra. The Terra from the scene you mentioned is from events following that conversation.
Welp. He did it. He made the concert canon. XD

Nomura: Well, I couldn't help that, he's just got that sort of personality (laughs)
This made me laugh. Master of Masters is Nomura confirmed.

Nomura: There was no improvisation. Everything was scripted. There is only one part where something Aced says is not according to the original script. In one of the scenes, where Aced and the Master of Masters are conversing with each other, Aced chews up his words but because of the situation, it ended up being pretty funny so we left it in as is.
Now I can't wait for this. XD

Nomura: But, I think if you follow and think about the story from a logical standpoint, from the beginning Aced has some solid arguments. As I was writing the scenario for Kingdom Hearts Back Cover, I was careful so as to make each character look neither like a hero nor a villain, however in the end it seems that only Ava was received as a good girl (laughs)

At any rate, if you think of the story progression as a gun, where Ava is the only one with the capacity to pull that gun's trigger, I'm not so sure about how devoid of sin she really is...
Nomura isn't gonna let Versus XIII go dang it!

Also, I like what he said about Ava.

- Speaking of which, in Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, from gathering Guilt and manifesting that power with the Strength Bangle, we seem to have a new keyword, "sin"?
"Guilt"? What is this "Guilt"? We gather "Special Attack Bonus". XD

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Seriously. I hope whatever genius thought to name "guilt" as "special attack bonus" in English is sweating hard right now.

Gonna make profusely sweet messages to SE about this gross translation error.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Very few are commenting that maybe not everything about Unchained and the Foretellers might be about KH III, which I always hoped was the case.

...maybe Skuld isn't even related to KH III at all.

"But, I think if you follow and think about the story from a logical standpoint, from the beginning Aced has some solid arguments."

Ah, Nomura-san, how I feel you.
Also hurray for Ava, her being seen as this pure innocent lamb amongst wolves was getting irritating.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Very few are commenting that maybe not everything about Unchained and the Foretellers might be about KH III, which I always hoped was the case....maybe Skuld isn't even related to KH III at all.
i don't know nomura did say he might see stuff from unchained in kh3 plus also nomura did made kingdom hearts 3 art for ephemer and skuld in the kingdom hearts x 3rd anniversity art

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
The Namine thing is so interesting, it's been explicitly stated that she's a "special" nobody, but just how special that is might be revealed soon...

G-SANtos

Awards
We told Nomura to make the concerts canon and he actually did it the absolute madman!
Welp. He did it. He made the concert canon. XD
Except we were never told it was non-canon. In fiction, everything is canon until the authors explicitly state otherwise, not the other way around.

I'm curious as to why Nomura thinks that, after watching the film, we will have an ill feeling towards Aced. I hope Nomura didn't confirm the traitor D:
That can't be it. Everyone knows making Aced the traitor would be very anti-climatic.
Honestly, I'm pretty sure the traitor is Ava. That conversation with Luxu that made her so shocked to the point of actually fighting in the war really seems to imply that, and Nomura emphasizing she might not be as innocent as she looks further adds to that.

My answer to all this:
"Master Yen Sid lives here?"
If I remember correctly, Nomura said the tower was in a different location because Yen Sid can move it, and Donald and Goofy didn't recognize the tower because of this.

She would lose this ability most likely the moment she fully fuses into Kairi, as starting with this she technically "has a body" even if it is not hers nor does she control it.
Isn't discarding the body just needed to obtain the ability to time travel, and you keep it even after getting a body? I'm pretty sure that is the case, or else Young Xehanort wouldn't be able to appear in KHIII.

[W]hich is a piece of information a just born/pre-CoM Naminé simply can't have even with memory powers as there are no memories that pertain to this fact yet.
Or are there?
Possibility c) Sora from KHIII for some reason time travels to the point in time after Naminé was just born, when she was still a zombie like Roxas, and just by him existing somewhere in the universe Naminé is able to read his memories, she then somehow connects to the Lingering Will and tells him about that. However, after some time, she ends up forgetting about that, the same way Roxas eventually forgot about most of his first day, hence when she finds the memories prior to KHII she doesn't have previous knowledge of them.

You know, I wondered recently if KHIII would show the time after Naminé was just born, as she's the one artificial being we know the least about. Like, I thought if maybe KIII will have a flashback of when the Organization found Naminé. Now I thought of the possibility we might be time traveling to there. Wow.
(Though honestly, I think I've been wondering since 2012 or 2013 if there's a point in KHIII where Sora will time travel and it would only be revealed at the end of the game that he did it. Like, recently I even thought of the possibility he might be the mysterious light that took Terra and Aqua to Destiny Islands.)

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
That can't be it. Everyone knows making Aced the traitor would be very anti-climatic.
Honestly, I'm pretty sure the traitor is Ava. That conversation with Luxu that made her so shocked to the point of actually fighting in the war really seems to imply that, and Nomura emphasizing she might not be as innocent as she looks further adds to that.
or it the master of master or nobody at all and they were used from the begging nobody is inncent

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
What the flying circus. This merits purchase for the onsen penguin DE alone.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Seriously. I hope whatever genius thought to name "guilt" as "special attack bonus" in English is sweating hard right now.

Gonna make profusely sweet messages to SE about this gross translation error.
I had to. I just had to.
04AWkI8.png

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Well, gonna try my best to avoid reading any further interviews. I feel like I already know too much about 0.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back