• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Jump Festa 2016 Trailer!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Dean did a good job once again. Man there was a lot of interesting and good stuff that I missed. Looking good.

EDIT: Oh sorry for double post, my mistake :(

WaveK89

I just can't get over how fluid Sora's battle style is. Between magic, combos, and well combos utilizing magic. Free flow, attraction flow, and shotlock. All these special effects between Sora and enemies among the beautiful environment. Some might say there wasn't much added with the new trailer, but I see many small details which impressed me. Gorgeous!

I do find the plastic appearance to be slightly off-putting, but not so much that I can't enjoy it. It will grow on me, no problem. I haven't much knowledge with Chi and their stories, but I'm liking what this rebirth theory is all about. Everything is connected, our hearts are connected, blah blah blah. Sorry, I'm just really psyched for 2.8 and 3.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
So the voices of the 5 foretellers that speak while the camera is revolving around the platform are the same as Riku, Aqua, Terra, Kairi and Ven but the last one to speak was who? A new voice?

Moose

Awards
Kamehameha!

giphy.gif

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
OhmyGlobohmyGlobohmyGlob!

-Yes Sid looks fantastic!
-Mickey had botax along with his facelift.
-Riku and Kairi still look unfinished.
-Show yo face already, Aqua! I can't take it anymore!!
-REBIRTH THEORY AGAGABLGGFHG!!
-The Marluxia Nobody is so pretty!
-SHOTLOCK!
-Stupid river! *shakes fist at river*
-Mysterious Tower's everything is beautiful!

Huh well there you go.

CWj73iDUwAAQoeZ.png

CWj73e9UEAAwi2u.png

Don't like how it just snaps between the two though.
I love the angry looks Goofy and Donald are giving. Sora looks vaguely annoyed.

CWkAPCyUkAAALCn.png

Why do you look so weird treasure? I'm chalking this up to the angle...
Looks like a cardboard cutout~

RgmzwpZ.png

Boy, my 7 guardians theory was WAY off.
Well, Nomura, you finally had a twist no one saw coming.XD

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Kamehameha!

giphy.gif
Looks like a sparkly Ragnarok.

Am I the only one who's missing the 2-D portraits for the HP bars? Come to think, we haven't gotten any official Nomura art of KH3 Sora yet, have we? I've always preferred the look of the 2D Nomura art over the models.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Am I the only one who's missing the 2-D portraits for the HP bars? Come to think, we haven't gotten any official Nomura art of KH3 Sora yet, have we? I've always preferred the look of the 2D Nomura art over the models.

Nope, you're not alone. I hope we get to choose between models and 2D-art, just like we could choose between menu styles in KH2.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Yeah, but at this point Alyson Stoner has done all the voice over work for Xion in Days itself, as well as the cinematic version of it, which is more than Hayden's done for her at all (as Hayden's only voiced two Xion lines, really).

I don't think it'd be any more fair to rip Alyson away from voicing Xion now (when the Days cinematic is the most recent Xion voice work, even), than it would to have Alyson replace Hayden as Kairi.

Hayden as done far more voicing for Kairi, and Alyson for Xion, than any other way...

I mean, if one has played on then they've played the other. The only reason Alyson was cast at all is because she sounds exactly like a younger Kairi. (before anyone disagrees, here's Alyson dubbing over one of Hayden's lines: https://youtu.be/y_0tCkqEjFc?t=28m36s)

Whenever Alyson played Xion, she played Kairi in flashbacks and in fact, Alyson's introduction to the series was playing Kairi in Re:CoM. And if you want to get really pedantic, Alyson's played Kairi in Re:CoM, Days/Days Cinematic, while Hayden's played Kairi in 1, 2 and BBS. While Alyson's only played Xion in Days, Hayden has been associated with the role longer. I guess the final nail here will be what happens in 0.2/backcover.

There just isn't supposed to be a distinction between the two and honestly, there never will be. It's not really about what's "fair?" It's a job. They're grown-ups.

Awards
Even though it's only Yen Sid, it's so cool to see a human Disney character with the new graphics! My biggest worry was that they would look out of place with the main and FF characters, but judging from him, they don't! I love how the engine makes things look more realistic but still cartoony at the same time! Looks PERFECT!

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Even though it's only Yen Sid, it's so cool to see a human Disney character with the new graphics! My biggest worry was that they would look out of place with the main and FF characters, but judging from him, they don't! I love how the engine makes things look more realistic but still cartoony at the same time! Looks PERFECT!

They did a really good job on the graphics, I'm just hoping to see a substantial gameplay clip soon (bu that i mean one clip of continuous gameplay and not several smaller clips slapped together.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

They did a really good job on the graphics, I'm just hoping to see a substantial gameplay clip soon (bu that i mean one clip of continuous gameplay and not several smaller clips slapped together).

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Omg the environments look fantastic. I was especially living for how fleshed out Mysterious Tower looks. 8D

I'm not too worried since the game is still in development, but the characters, particularly in the opening sequence with Riku, Mickey, Kairi and Yen Sid look just plain gaudy to me. Think rubber figures a la Gumby. Judging by how Sora and the gang look in comparison, I'd say they're still working on the models? Hopefully.

Or perhaps my eyes wil just have to adjust...

Wander

I'm still trying to grasp the fact that KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 FINAL CHAPTER PROLOGUE is an actual thing rofl.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Omg the environments look fantastic. I was especially living for how fleshed out Mysterious Tower looks. 8D

I'm not too worried since the game is still in development, but the characters, particularly in the opening sequence with Riku, Mickey, Kairi and Yen Sid look just plain gaudy to me. Think rubber figures a la Gumby. Judging by how Sora and the gang look in comparison, I'd say they're still working on the models? Hopefully.

Or perhaps my eyes wil just have to adjust...
I am sure the final version of both games will look stunning as diddly. Like, seriously.
I myself don't like the Models, to be honest. Guess we'll just have to wait and see, right?

Awards
So I've never been around the community for the release of a game before, so I'm not sure how this works.

Relative to 2.8...I guess I would think that if they were aiming for a 2016 release (even a Q4 release) that we would have more information at this point than we do. Am I wrong in thinking that? If that's the case, what are the chances that 2.8 gets pushed back to 2017?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
So I've never been around the community for the release of a game before, so I'm not sure how this works.

Relative to 2.8...I guess I would think that if they were aiming for a 2016 release (even a Q4 release) that we would have more information at this point than we do. Am I wrong in thinking that? If that's the case, what are the chances that 2.8 gets pushed back to 2017?

I can imagine the hate so i don't want to see that happen

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

I'd say the chances of that happening are slim to none. But I wouldn't really care if it did happen, 2016 is already filled with awesomeness. I can wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back