• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8 Off Screen Gameplay from TGS 2016

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I played the demo at E3 and everything from TGS looks visually looks quite improved honestly.

I played the demo a month before E3 and at E3 and I can say with 1000% certainty that the off-screen footage from TGS is a vast improvement.

Aqua's face has color in it now, and Terra looks like he has a completely new face.
I agree with both of you, I see the improvements and I trust they'll only get better. Said that just a couple of posts ago.
My point was that during E3 when Terra showed up and people were saying he looked horrible, there was a line I saw repeated about how the image was just oddly compressed and that wasn't how he really looked because it was an off screen capture. People were breaking their backs trying to defend E3 as "the look they were going for."
In other words, I don't think these speculations have a whole lot of merit to them, but if that logic was sound then, I don't see the difference here.

That being said, as someone who never had much of an issue with the PS2 era graphics (fish face aside) and would have happily played KH3 one or even two console generations ago, I never cared about the details or matching FFXV's hyper realism; I just hoped the finished graphics would not be distracting given how poorly rendered everything was at E3 (which looked even worse than KH3 trailers, which were already cause for concern). I'm satisfied that everything's on the mend, and it gives me hope for KH3, too.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I dunno. I still don't understand the denial. Even in that thread, the TGS image and the trailer image are vastly different. What exactly is the argument against graphic improvement again....?

Muke

whatever
Awards
I dunno. I still don't understand the denial. Even in that thread, the TGS image and the trailer image are vastly different. What exactly is the argument against graphic improvement again....?
TV Settings. Let that sink in

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
The models are much better, no doubt about that. There is still room for improvement but Terra is 10 times better, Aqua too (her eyes have changed significantly).

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Hastily made comparison pic
CbyLI96.png
Terra is beautiful again ;~; (And Xehanort's head appears to be gone too!)

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
TV settings cannot change the shape of an in game model. Terra's model was literally changed. Some people just love to complain for the sake of complaiing I suppose.

Having played it at PAX West, difference between that version and TGS was night and day. Lets just hope the controls and camera have tightened up too :)

Sally-boiii

Awards
I can't believe some people think it's the TV that's making the difference.
CspeYp4XgAAgpdF.jpg

CspeZ5iXYAArgb0.jpg

Like honestly,what must you be on to think that.What TV settings could do such a big change.It's like they don't want to see 2.8 improve graphically.

Like Spock was saying, it kind of looks like they resized his face a bit. Looks pretty dang good.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I know the basis of 0.2 and KHIII combat will be the return of the command menu and I am happy about that, but could there still be a way to keep command melding in some form? You would use spells from the shortcut menu, but you would upgrade them trough melding and etc...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
In the PS Access EGX livestream, Aqua was performing Spell Weaver against the Devil Swarm.

Except it wasn't called Spell Weaver this time, unlike the E3 demo. It was Ars Magica.

#UPDATEDDEMO

Edit: I have been informed Europe has a different localisation for Spell Weaver which still confuses me since it was apparently Spell Weaver at Gamescom

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Edit: I have been informed Europe has a different localisation for Spell Weaver which still confuses me since it was apparently Spell Weaver at Gamescom

What's the point of that localisation difference? the same spell with a different name? I'm perplexed more than anything...

Muke

whatever
Awards
What's the point of that localisation difference? the same spell with a different name? I'm perplexed more than anything...
the point is that ars magica sounds better <3

Seriously though, I'm not sure myself. All the Names are different in BBS (most of them are just translated), take "Critical Impact" as an example: it's name in German is "Ars Fatalis". "Fever Pitch" or whatever is "Ars Velocitatis". I guess it's the same for all other European Countries?

But wow, now they even designed a Logo for Ars Magica! They didn't do that for BBS iirc.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
the point is that ars magica sounds better <3

Seriously though, I'm not sure myself. All the Names are different in BBS (most of them are just translated), take "Critical Impact" as an example: it's name in German is "Ars Fatalis". "Fever Pitch" or whatever is "Ars Velocitatis". I guess it's the same for all other European Countries?

But wow, now they even designed a Logo for Ars Magica! They didn't do that for BBS iirc.

Yes they did. The logos also had those translated names even back on the PSP.
And I really love Ars Fatalis, Velocitatis and Magica. It sounds so rad. ;_;

Muke

whatever
Awards
Yes they did. The logos also had those translated names even back on the PSP.
And I really love Ars Fatalis, Velocitatis and Magica. It sounds so rad. ;_;
Ah okay, wasn't sure 'cause I couldn't find any "Ars Magica" Logos on the Web. Nice!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Learning news things every day! Wish we had your cool names for this stuff. I think Spellweaver/Fever Pitch/etc. sounds so lame now in comparison xD

(Though I think the NA ones sound similar to song titles xD)

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Btw, you know what else is better in the european or rather german version?
Zero Gravity. Which can be seen in the picture as well (Zero Gravira in this case, lol).

Muke

whatever
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Btw, you know what else is better in the european or rather german version?
Zero Gravity. Which can be seen in the picture as well (Zero Gravira in this case, lol).
Aaaah okay, I never noticed. Thanks!
omg, "zielsuchmaschine" though, hahaha

But yeah, Antigravra definitely sounds way better

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Aaaah okay, I never noticed. Thanks!
omg, "zielsuchmaschine" though, hahaha

But yeah, Antigravra definitely sounds way better

It's Mine, not Maschine, lol :D

Also, "Rhythmen-Meister" (Rhythm-Master) is cooler than Rhythm-Mixer.
Damn, I love the german version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back