• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8 Off Screen Gameplay from TGS 2016

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
So we have the E3 build with Spell Weaver, the Gamescom / EGX build with Ars Magica, and the TGS build with Japanese language and text.

So much for "Why would they bring different builds to the game shows when its all just the same" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
So we have the E3 build with Spell Weaver, the Gamescom / EGX build with Ars Magica, and the TGS build with Japanese language and text.

So much for "Why would they bring different builds to the game shows when its all just the same" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wouldn't call it an entirely different build. I mean, there were german subtitles and the title menu was in german as well, so why not translate the command style as well :D

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I wouldn't call it an entirely different build. I mean, there were german subtitles and the title menu was in german as well, so why not translate the command style as well :D
True. But since they had time between E3 and Gamescom/TGS to bring out versions of the demo with those translations, who's to say they didn't update Terra :)

Muke

whatever
Awards
On a completely different note, do you guys think the controls will be "swapped" again?

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I'm just glad there's no finnish version. Everything sounds awkward when translated to finnish. It's interesting to learn what different attacks etc. are in other european languages though, italian and german especially sound really cool. Maybe for KH3 we could have the option to change languages ingame?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm just glad there's no finnish version. Everything sounds awkward when translated to finnish. It's interesting to learn what different attacks etc. are in other european languages though, italian and german especially sound really cool. Maybe for KH3 we could have the option to change languages ingame?

I'd like that too. I'd probably be switching all the time though...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Hopefully! Square Enix have included multiple language options in their recent games, although voice work might be contained to just your spoken language with Japanese VO DLC.

Muke

whatever
Awards
It would be very nice if they'd include such a feature, even though I probably won't use it. (Except for maybe switching over to English every now and then)

Awards
True. But since they had time between E3 and Gamescom/TGS to bring out versions of the demo with those translations, who's to say they didn't update Terra :)
Well they definitely updated Terra for TGS, but because of the footage PS Access gave us along with them just stopping before Terra people are thinking the TGS build was TV settings again. Sorry if this doesn't make sense

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well they definitely updated Terra for TGS, but because of the footage PS Access gave us along with them just stopping before Terra people are thinking the TGS build was TV settings again. Sorry if this doesn't make sense

I don't understand how TV settings could do plastic surgery on Terra's face 8D

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Every other game showcased at TGS looks fine but for some reason 2.8 is the only game where the TV settings is messing with the visuals?I just don't get it.

I wonder why they stopped recording before Terra showed up tho,would have been nice to see a better quality screen of him.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Every other game showcased at TGS looks fine but for some reason 2.8 is the only game where the TV settings is messing with the visuals?I just don't get it.

I wonder why they stopped recording before Terra showed up tho,would have been nice to see a better quality screen of him.
I think it was just a natural stopping point for them. There was no more gameplay to show, they were out of time (Finished with a 10 minute break until they came back for FFXV). It's a shame, but it's whatever. Direct HD gameplay, and it was good.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
UcxHfUW.png

As for the localisation, not all countries in Europe got that. My BBS version has the NA names.
But, what is Wingblade in the German version?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Klingenlicht .

Which translates in English roughly to "Lightblades" or "Blades of Light" respectively.

This translation is actually somewhat odd in comparison as the German variant not only completely omits the "wing" parts (the six swords do form a set of "wings" visually after all) the term itself also puts emphasis on the "light" rather than the blades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back