• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 2 isnt as great as I thought...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Another Key

Well, I didnt know much about Kingdom Hearts in the past, due to the fact that I started playing the series starting with what is regarded as the worst game in the series by many,KH:Days. I absolutely loved Days. Wonderful(or so I thought). Afterwards,I bought the BBS Bundle. Best Game I ever played. I loved all the commands and such that Days didnt have. Despite this, I still badly wanted to play KH1 and 2. I bought a PS3 JUST to play them,only to find that ps2 games are incompatible with my PS3, and I may not get a refund. I DIDNT CARE. I went out, and bought a PS2.(In total I spent 550 bucks just to play KH2). I was extremely happy to play KH2 as I had read reviews and heard about it, and it was apparently a wonderful game. To be quite honest,I was dissapointed. After everything I did to get it, KH2 wasnt great. Its not that I didnt like it.....it was alright. I was super-dissapointed to see it didnt even have KH1s 4 special abilities and that it lacked dodge roll. What dissapoints me even more is that ALL of these things are in KH2 FINAL MIX......However,I bought KH1 and once again LOVED it. Now I am SUPER DESPERATE to get KH2 Final Mix. The truth is, I love KH2s system(Reaction Commands,Drive Forms) but I wanted what KH1 had as well. It didnt have that. In my eyes, KH2 FMs limit form combines everything together for me and on top of that the Roxas fight is playable. Anyway,did anyone feel that kh2 was a dissapointment?

BONUS QUESTION:Do you want/have KH2 Final Mix, if so, where would you say is the best place to buy both it AND Swap Magic.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I did. I personally think it was a step down from KH1 but KH fans will disagree for some reason and call it good.

AlbertJ

Awards
I own both of the final mixes and the best place to buy them is play-asia. Unfortunately you will have to buy the swap magic from a different place. The swap magic website has several links for where to buy it from.

And for your first question, i did kinda feel like kh2 was a disappointment but not as much as other people i have seen. But after playing kh2fm on critical mode and with all of the extras it had, i definately appreciate that game a lot more.

Another Key

I own both of the final mixes and the best place to buy them is play-asia. Unfortunately you will have to buy the swap magic from a different place. The swap magic website has several links for where to buy it from.

And for your first question, i did kinda feel like kh2 was a disappointment but not as much as other people i have seen. But after playing kh2fm on critical mode and with all of the extras it had, i definately appreciate that game a lot more.

oh TY! I was actually looking at Play Asia earlier today and Greatest Hits KH2 final mix is 35 bucks. Sounds worth it to me. Yep,playing KH2 FM on critical mode is gonna be fun

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com
ehh I wouldn't say that your PS3 is a waste. Save it for KH3, perhaps. Hopefully. If KH3 will be on the PS3, that is. Is that all you're going to use your PS3 for, though? o_O

I don't have KH2: FM+, but I do wish I have it since there are a lot of extra scenes in it that reveal more about the Organization, the other characters' actions and motivations and stuff. Especially on those Rooms of Sleep and Awakening, I mean they've been so vague unless you read the novels or watched the Final Mix on You Tube or something.

Another Key

ehh I wouldn't say that your PS3 is a waste. Save it for KH3, perhaps. Hopefully. If KH3 will be on the PS3, that is. Is that all you're going to use your PS3 for, though? o_O

I don't have KH2: FM+, but I do wish I have it since there are a lot of extra scenes in it that reveal more about the Organization, the other characters' actions and motivations and stuff. Especially on those Rooms of Sleep and Awakening, I mean they've been so vague unless you read the novels or watched the Final Mix on You Tube or something.

yep, I was actually only ok with keeping it because chances are KH3 will be on PS3, but no, while it was bought for KH I will probably use it to play many other games. For me, the best feature of KH2FM is Limit Form and the Roxas boss fight. I love how Sora can actually drive into Limit Form during that fight......I HAVE TO TRY THAT

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
well duhh. compared to kh days and bbs its not the greatest. if you were to play kh1 and 2 im sure it mightve been better but after have gotten used to the othr gameplay aspects and stuff im sure it was a hard transition.

bakababoboo

and abt the ps3... i got a ps3 and it works perfectly with my kh2 final mix. probably because i got the oldest version of ps3. that ps3 still works with ps2 games, even ps1 i think.
as for kh2, even though i played the kh2 final mix, i think that it's a pretty good game, but i haven't played days or bbs, so i can't really judge yet (>3<)
well i live in hong kong, and they sell the final mixes (but i was actually looking for the english version. hong kong mostly sells jap ver of games), and it costs HK$160, that's about $20 US dollars. yes asia and play asia can be very expensive

Awards
If you base your opinion on the inclusion of a few abilities, it doesn't make much sense.
I never understood why so many people hated KH2 and loved KH2FM. It's the same game, at least be consistent. I think it goes without saying that you're naturally inclined to like KH2FM a bit more because it has a bit more, but underneath they're the same game.

If you hate KH2, there's not much chance you're going to like KH2FM.

Another Key

If you base your opinion on the inclusion of a few abilities, it doesn't make much sense.
I never understood why so many people hated KH2 and loved KH2FM. It's the same game, at least be consistent. I think it goes without saying that you're naturally inclined to like KH2FM a bit more because it has a bit more, but underneath they're the same game.

If you hate KH2, there's not much chance you're going to like KH2FM.

Nah, I loved the KH2 system, and I know Im not gonna hate kh2 fm. The inclusion of dodge roll is of major importance to me because it was in every game I played before Kh2.(KH BBS,KH days,KH,KH:Re:Chain of Memories) So yeah it was pretty sad. Yeah, they may be just a few abilities but BBS had 500+ Special Combat Abilities and KH had 4 and KH2 just had none........It was just annoying because I thought those abilities were classic, and since all of them appeared in BBS, it woulda been cool to have them in KH2. KH2 was a good game, its just it seemed to have less than the other games. In all honesty I want kh2 fm FOR LIMIT FORM. I already know Im gonna spam it to death once I get it in-game. Why? Its practically Kh1 Sora in Kh2s battle system and I wanted to see some of that implemented in the original Kh2.

Dr_Mario64

The main trouble I had was w/ gameplay. Truth be told, the battle system really spoiled you with its abundance of abilities and crazy high stat boosts. If you lost a battle it would have been due to either a cheap shot by the enemy or just plain bad luck. Even on the more challenging battles I still had Mickey there to revive me and this could be done several times per battle. Reaction commands are also relatively cheap in the fact that they are just good moves you don't have to learn. The story, however, was right on par compared to com and it fixed the gummi system which I am really happy about. The overall quality is pretty high but not without its flaws.

Another Key

The main trouble I had was w/ gameplay. Truth be told, the battle system really spoiled you with its abundance of abilities and crazy high stat boosts. If you lost a battle it would have been due to either a cheap shot by the enemy or just plain bad luck. Even on the more challenging battles I still had Mickey there to revive me and this could be done several times per battle. Reaction commands are also relatively cheap in the fact that they are just good moves you don't have to learn. The story, however, was right on par compared to com and it fixed the gummi system which I am really happy about. The overall quality is pretty high but not without its flaws.

yeah,the battle system did kinda make things easy but really, difficulty didnt change the quality of gameplay too much for me, the content matters more to me.(Playing as Mickey is fun, Reaction Commands are fun to execute, and there is quite a few battles that are challenging)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back