• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 2 issues?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
when does he leave an opening? the clones are easy its himself that's a pain

Demyx doesn't really leave an opening, which I suppose is half the trouble. You've got to chase after him and be ready to hit him as soon as his attacks end, which is why it's much easier to fight him in a Drive Form than without (Wisdom Form and Fire is best, but Valour Form isn't so bad either. Heck I've had better luck catching him with AntiForm than with normal Sora. But as a rule, don't use Master Form against bosses). As Normal Sora, you can catch up to him using Quick Run, but it's not easy.

Like Xelon said about the Absent Silhouettes, it might help to watch a YouTube video of the fight. Demyx is one of the hardest bosses in the game for newcomers. Fighting the Organization is like a whole separate skill.

Xelon99

Awards
Most of his openings are right after he attacks and funny enough, during he attacks.

If you're at a distance, Demyx will hurl balls of water in your direction. These are easily dodged, you can even get close to him and attack him if you're fast enough.

If you're far enough he will rush at you at high speed. If your back is against a wall, reflect it. He'll land right behind you. Else just dodge.

When you hear him shout "Water!", run. Just run in circles. He'll call forth orbs of water around the arena, mainly above your head. You can hit him to make him stop, but risk getting hit or countered.

When you hear him say "Get to the beat" he'll trap you between water columns. Stand in the middle and use reflect. You might take some damage if you don't time it right, but you'll mostly be save and deal damage to him instead.

Also take caution of when you see him walking around slowly with a Reaction Command. If you're fast enough you can trigger "Show Stealer" which does plenty damage and leaves him wide open.

Basically the closer to death he is, the more aggressive his attacks become.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
and with customization, I go to it but I am confused what to do

In Customization, you can assign spells or items to each of the four face buttons on the PS2 controller. Once they're assigned, and you're out of the menu, you can hold L and then press the button to cast the spell. So try this:

1. Go to the Customization menu, select Sora.
  2. Select the X button.
  3. Assign the Fire spell to the X button.
  4. Leave the menu.
  5. Go somewhere where you can cast spells.
  6. Hold L1. You should see the action menu in the corner change to your customized spell. "Fire" should be attached to the X button.
  7. While still holding L1, press X.
  8. Learn to do this faster. Just hold L1 and press X instantly. Now you can use Fire whenever you want.
  9. Fill the other slots with other spells, like Cure.
You can also put items into the customization menu, assuming you have items in Sora's inventory.

Have you really been playing this game without quick-spells? KH1 too? That's kind of impressive! But things will get a lot easier now that you can cast Cure whenever you want.

Vanitas yomi

ok so I finished the battle of 1000 heartless and know I'm level 35 and hollow bastion is lv 34, I want to level up here but its hard with all these enemies doing so much damage

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
ok so I finished the battle of 1000 heartless and know I'm level 35 and hollow bastion is lv 34, I want to level up here but its hard with all these enemies doing so much damage

You might find it easier to go to Land of the Dragons in spite of the Battle Level. Hollow Bastion has dangerous enemies like Morning Stars. Land of the Dragons has Assault Riders, but only a few of them and you can easily run past with Quick Run, because they're bad at chasing you. Everything else is easy, like Neoshadows, Nightwalkers, and Rapid Thrusters.

Xelon99

Awards
The Storm Rider is luckily one of the easier bosses once you know the pattern. Whenever you can, use the Reaction Command to hold on to his horn. Being on his back gives you very easy access to hitting him. The only danger are lightning rounds, which rarely actually hit you. If those are a problem, use reflect.

When you're on the ground there are 4 scenarios.

1) He deploys a carpet-bombing. Simply get in one of the tornado's and soar onto his back. Can be slightly difficult to get on top, but no worries if you miss. Plenty time to adjust and even retry.

2) He gets close to the ground and tries to ram you. You'll get a Reaction Command which both does damage and stuns him. Once stunned, hit his horns freely until you're pushed away.

3) He sits on the bridge and summons walls on the battlefield which push you to the middle. He charges up a beam of electricity and fires. This does major damage so don't get in it. Luckily, you can just smack him in the face as he charges.

4) He floats around and fires a few rounds of lightning at you. Simply reflect or dodge away. They're not seeking.

The only thing you have to watch out for is random lightning strikes that hit the ground sometimes. But as long as you keep moving, it's not a problem.

One big tip is to not use any lightning attacks. That heals him.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
There's really nothing more we can say about levelling up than we have already! You're going to have to level up in Land of the Dragons or go to one of the other available worlds. Beyond that you're just going to have to learn how to deal with each of the bosses in turn. Levelling up isn't as valuable in KH2 as it is in KH1 because of the way stats work in each game. Having high stats in KH1 could break the game, but that's not the case here. It's an advantage, but it's not a game-breaking advantage.

You don't have to list them all, but do you feel you have a good set of Abilities equipped? Stats were king in KH1 but abilities are king here. They're the most important thing in your arsenal. Are you using as much AP as possible? I mention because you said that you didn't have the Explosion ability... but I realized a few days later that you should have it by now. In Vanilla KH2, it's unlocked in the first trip Agrabah. Equipping Explosion will make things much easier, it's very powerful. There's a reason it was moved in the remake, it practically breaks the game all on its own. Leaf Bracer should also be equipped, and Once More if you took the Rod or Shield (Sword gets it later).

Given that you keep having trouble despite being over-levelled, I worry there may be more fundamental trouble that we're overlooking. If your abilities are up to date, how is your armour and accessories? Do you have Cure loaded into your quick-spells? It seems you didn't know how to even use quick-spells a few posts ago, but they're really essential to winning the game. If you aren't casting Cure via quick-spells you're putting yourself at considerable risk. Is Donald with you, also casting Cure? (Don't put Mulan in his place.) Have you considered bringing items with you? How are you doing at dodging attacks?

I just reminded myself: you can put lightning resistant equipment into your accessories to help with the Storm Rider. The only other advice I can think of is to summon Stitch. Stitch will recover your MP, meaning you'll almost always have enough MP to cast Cure while he's out. Sadly the other Summons and Drives aren't quite as helpful with all this moving around.

The best way to grind in the entire game is during the second trip to the Pride Lands. We can tell you the trick once you get there, but first you have to fight the Cursed Pirates in Port Royal again. If you're willing to risk that, go ahead.

Last edited:

Vanitas yomi

I dodge, I have equiped cure and I have one piece of armour with me but thanks a lot for the help

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Nope, you have to finish the second episode of Space Paranoids (defeating the MCP).
To unlock the second Space Paranoids episode, you need to finish the second Pride Lands episode.

Vanitas yomi

oh anyone know how to beat xaldin, I mean I know need to use guard but I try and my timing stinks

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
For Xaldin you need to use the reaction command to damage him as he is impervious to normal attacks thanks to his wind shield.

So you either need to improve the timing of your blocks, use Reflect or try to dodge with the help of the growth abilities of the Drive Forms (High Jump, Quick Run, Aerial Dodge and Dodge Roll).
When dodging, it's important to not dodge too far away but stay close enough to be still able to use the Reaction command and collect jumps. You can carry up to nine jumps at the same time.

When using the collected jumps against Xaldin, take care to be locked on him or your jumps will miss.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I thought you were playing the PS2 version! I'm sorry, I had some details confused. That means my Explosion advice was faulty, I'm sorry about that and anything else I might have gotten confused.

Roxas is very hard. maryadavies was asking about him over in her thread. You'll see a few related posts starting with mine, right here. Check my post, Hovhannes, and Divine Past's, and you should hopefully get your answers. If not, check YouTube videos, because the guy doesn't play fair.

Last edited:

Xelon99

Awards
Two become One is decent. Not really special though. Decisive Pumpkin is the best keyblade in general in KH2. The Pumpkin is on par with the Ultima, and the Combo Boost ability lets you deal massive damage.

Badger

Two Become One is only really useful for triggering Final Form. When you are in combat and have 2 living party members you will always drive into Anti or Final Form. And once you unlock Final Form you will always go into Anti Form (at least I think so. That's what would happen to me)

(I highlighted in combat because I must have drove like 20 times out of combat trying to get Final Form to trigger and it of course didn't :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back