• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 2 issues?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I know we don't gain experience points in these tournaments, but can we upgrade some of our forms? Valor form doesn't really need experience, just hitting enemies. Could this be upgraded? Just curious. Thanks.

Not sure if it does work in the Coliseum, but I level grinded Valor very easily in Timeless River (as well as Wisdom and Limit). Probably the best place to level those, since you can just exit back to Disney Castle before your Drive runs out to have it replenished instead of using the world map.

Vanitas yomi

ok so I'm on marluxia and he is tough, any tips how to beat him? I have glide level 1, is that enough?

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
oh and tips for sephiroth would help as well

This wasn't much of a strategy on my part, but I just usually spammed Reflect at the right moments/when I believed he was going to attack, and used Limit Form as a way to regain health, be invincible during some of his moves by using limits, and using limits to hurt him as well. And brought a LOT of Elixirs into the battle with me (as in that being my only item).

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I used this vid based on the vanilla version to help beat him, but I added in Reflect:

[video=youtube;DtZXer0jpps]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtZXer0jpps[/video]

Nope, he's no longer the cheapest boss in KH2; the data battles can be WORSE.

Xelon99

Awards
Knowing Sephy's reputation from KH1, I read up and watched guides long before I even started to fight him. Looked complicated. However when I did it for fun at level 36 just to see what he can do, I simply beat him first try.

He's simply not hard. You just need the right abilities and pay some attention. As long as you have High Jump and Aerial Dodge leveled up to at least level 2, his ultimate attack is a joke. Once you get the Action Command on screen, immediately pop it to not get hit. Simply dodge the towers of fire and use Reflect on any of the Dark Orbs. His normal strikes can either be blocked and parried or simply reflected as well. The guide Mary posted works very well.

As for Marluxia, he's a lot worse. The number above your head is just as important as your health. Once that reaches 0, it's game over. However abusing Reflect is once again a valid option and deals quite some damage. Once Marluxia has his attack blocked, he'll be stunned. Get close to trigger an Action Command, which can either be dealing a large amount of damage or regaining some points for above your head. Once Marluxia goes in his Devastation Mode (darker sky) he'll float behind you and you basically want to glide in circles. I'm not sure if Glide level 1 would work, I do know that level 3 works very well. Another alternative for glide is Dodge Roll, but that isn't as effective.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
ok so I'm on marluxia and he is tough, any tips how to beat him? I have glide level 1, is that enough?

Are you fighting against the Absent Sillhouette version, or Data-Version? I made a video about both of them with a level 1 character.
Here is the AS fight:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEG1J_BKwyM
And here is the Data-version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pki2oE09keY

In die in the second one once, but eventually beat that also. I try to describe the fight in more detail, since some of the actions I make might look a bit weird. I explain the AS version, since most of the same strategies used in that fight can also used in the Data -version. It would help if you leveled your glide, but I think you might win with a level 1 glide.
When the fight starts, immediately quick run to the opposite direction where Marluxia is coming and guard. After the final hit from his combo, Marluxia will stun and lose his balance. This when he is open to attack. Do a combo on him, and I hope that you have finishing plus ability(two combo finishers can be done). After the Guard break and Explosion finishers Marluxia vanishes, and then teleports next to you, swiping with his scythe. This can be guarded with block, dodged or guarded with reflect. Reflect is the easiest way to do it. You repeat this enough, you start to realize Marluxia becomes very predictable. Watch his movements, and don`t blindly attack.
When he does the spinning move, block it with guard. You have to learn the timing yourself, but you can also try to memorize it from my videos. After an successful block, I highly suggest you to use the Aerial Strike reaction command, since it deals a tone of damage to Marluxia. If your Doom level is low, then use Restore Count, otherwise use AS.

The second phase starts when Graceful Assassin summons the rose pools. For that phase just keep moving and look at your surroundings. You can predict where the pools appear. Also try to stay on the edge of the battlefield. If Marluxia does the spinning attack which ends in a reaction command, Double Jump in to the air, and do one reflect. Reflect lets you hover long enough in air so Marluxias attack won`t hit you. You can also try to block it with guard. If it a vertical spin attack, block it with guard.

The hardest part might be his third phase. His desperation move is the one where he starts to hover in the air, and those rose pillars come from the ground. Run in circular motion, tilting the camera. I am doing it the first video around 3:17. Then he throws his scythe. You can see this by his hand movements. Double jump and glide away, and when the scythe vanishes, use reflect. In other words, do what I do in the video footage, at 3:21. It is also possible to land and quick run away, dodging Marluxias 90 degree slam attack. Since your glide is at low level, just spam the hell out of reflect, but you can try the glide method also.

And as always, if you have second change, leaf bracer and once more abilities, make sure they are on.

EDIT: Ninja`d :D

Last edited:

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Remember that you can use tents inbetween battles as well. The Cavern of Remembrance on Critical Mode was literally the first time I ever thought of using the tents outside of a Final Fantasy game.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I've never used a tent in any game ever. For cavern or remembrance just spam magnega and thundaga until you run into sorcerers and devastators, just magnega and combo them. Never tried reflect but that is actually a good tip.

Xelon99

Awards
For the final section you need every drive form at max. I tried with Aerial and High Jump on level 2, didn't make it.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Of course, if you're feeling just a little lazy, you can enter your drive form to gain a single level.

HK Motendra

Awards
I had assumed that Lingering Will would be the final Character Link that I'd have to get, yet after finally winning against him, he was added to the page for Character Links, yet it does not say that I have them all. Who would I be missing then? For the record, I've done nearly everything in the game, save for Mushroom #'s 3 & 13, Gummi Routes, and a few missions for mini games.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I had assumed that Lingering Will would be the final Character Link that I'd have to get, yet after finally winning against him, he was added to the page for Character Links, yet it does not say that I have them all. Who would I be missing then? For the record, I've done nearly everything in the game, save for Mushroom #'s 3 & 13, Gummi Routes, and a few missions for mini games.

Many people forget that you need to do the Struggle mini games in Twilight Town to get Setzer.

As for Character Links in particular, lets see what the whole table has:

Top row: Ansem the Wise, Mickey, Naminé
Second row: Donald and Goofy
Third row: Riku, Sora, Kairi and Xemnas.
Fourth row: Pete, Xigbar and Xaldin.
Fifth row: Maleficent, Vexen, Lexaeus, Zexion, Saix.
Bottom row: Lingering Will, Xehanort, Axel, Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia, Larxene, Roxas.

Could it be that you haven't defeated all Absent Sihouettes yet?

HK Motendra

Awards
Many people forget that you need to do the Struggle mini games in Twilight Town to get Setzer.

As for Character Links in particular, lets see what the whole table has:

Top row: Ansem the Wise, Mickey, Naminé
Second row: Donald and Goofy
Third row: Riku, Sora, Kairi and Xemnas.
Fourth row: Pete, Xigbar and Xaldin.
Fifth row: Maleficent, Vexen, Lexaeus, Zexion, Saix.
Bottom row: Lingering Will, Xehanort, Axel, Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia, Larxene, Roxas.

Could it be that you haven't defeated all Absent Sihouettes yet?
Oh, I made sure some time ago that I beat Setzer. I did all the Absent Silhouettes before taking on the Data Organization 13. I even have the silver crown. I know I have all of those listed, but the achievement and Mickey seal have yet to show. Its weird, man....

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
Oh, I made sure some time ago that I beat Setzer. I did all the Absent Silhouettes before taking on the Data Organization 13. I even have the silver crown. I know I have all of those listed, but the achievement and Mickey seal have yet to show. Its weird, man....

You can try posting a screenshot.

Do you have a mickey symbol for all character pages for each world? The game is also very helpful in giving ??? entries post game for the missing ones.

Edit: I think you need Mushroom XIII as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back