• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 20th Anniversary Art Revealed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
What jumped me in the eye immediately is how Kairi is "paired" with Terra, Aqua and Ventus while Riku is on the other side together with Roxas, Xion and Lea/Axel.

Also kudos to Nomura to fit all the arguably central characters into one panel.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
What jumped me in the eye immediately is how Kairi is "paired" with Terra, Aqua and Ventus while Riku is on the other side together with Roxas, Xion and Lea/Axel.

Also kudos to Nomura to fit all the arguably central characters into one panel.
I think it makes thematic sense. Kairi wants to train under Aqua whilst Riku was responsible for setting Xion, Roxas, and Namine free from their confines.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think it makes thematic sense. Kairi wants to train under Aqua whilst Riku was responsible for setting Xion, Roxas, and Namine free from their confines.
Certainly, now it remains to be seen if that will also lead to some more character interactions and possible more intermingling between the characters, like i.e. Kairi constantly interacting and working with TAV while Riku gets some time with RLX, within the latter it would be interesting to see Riku and Xion following up on all the stuff they already had in Days while between Riku and Roxas there will be finally the whole issues from the end of Days and the KH 2 prologue be settled with them forming a basis for a new relationship between each other going into the next saga.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
You mean the girl pictured between Donald and Ventus?
That's Strelitzia, Lauriam's sister from Union X and the girl Sora speaks with in the KH IV trailer.
Thanks! I never saw her before in KHUX, I just read what happened to her.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
This is gorgeous.

You know, the only thing about this and the ReMIX covers that bothers me is Maleficent's absence. I mean, he includes the full Organization from 2 across the ReMIXes, I believe? And here the full Organization from 3. And all the Foretellers. I would have liked to see the full council from KH1 together in their own segment as villains of the saga--but at least Maleficent, if nothing else, since she's been there through it all.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
This is gorgeous.

You know, the only thing about this and the ReMIX covers that bothers me is Maleficent's absence. I mean, he includes the full Organization from 2 across the ReMIXes, I believe? And here the full Organization from 3. And all the Foretellers. I would have liked to see the full council from KH1 together in their own segment as villains of the saga--but at least Maleficent, if nothing else, since she's been there through it all.
Ansem The Wise, Xaldin and Lexaeus were not worthy of being on the artwork. I guess he couldn't squeeze Maleficent in.

He also finished this at 10AM before the event, so yeah lol.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Certainly, now it remains to be seen if that will also lead to some more character interactions and possible more intermingling between the characters, like i.e. Kairi constantly interacting and working with TAV while Riku gets some time with RLX, within the latter it would be interesting to see Riku and Xion following up on all the stuff they already had in Days while between Riku and Roxas there will be finally the whole issues from the end of Days and the KH 2 prologue be settled with them forming a basis for a new relationship between each other going into the next saga.
I think that's exactly how the new character dynamics are going to play out. They all have the same goal of finding Sora, they're just going about it in different ways. Having a focal character for both the TAV group and RAX group via Kairi and Riku respectively streamlines and connects their confined narratives.

Elysium

Awards
Ansem The Wise, Xaldin and Lexaeus were not worthy of being on the artwork. I guess he couldn't squeeze Maleficent in.
Well, I was also referring to the ReMIXes' artwork in that post. I think the Disney villains in KH1 played the same role the Organization and new Organization did in 2 and 3. The seven of them deserved to be on the cover the way those other groups were, with Ansem SOD sort of standing behind and smirking or whatever. (I wouldn't have minded the 7 PoH being on the cover for 1, too, since that's a big part of that one's story, but that's something else...)

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Well, I was also referring to the ReMIXes' artwork in that post. I think the Disney villains in KH1 played the same role the Organization and new Organization did in 2 and 3. The seven of them deserved to be on the cover the way those other groups were, with Ansem SOD sort of standing behind and smirking or whatever. (I wouldn't have minded the 7 PoH being on the cover for 1, too, since that's a big part of that one's story, but that's something else...)
I would have shoved Maleficent on the left hand side with the KHUX people since Riku's side was packed. Or I would have had her and Ansem the Wise in the heart with Mickey, Donald, and Goofy. Xaldin and Lexaeus could have also been shoved in the Organization group shot.

Would Nomura have even been allowed to use anyone besides Mickey, Donald and Goofy for KH artwork? I guess if they allowed Mickey, then anyone else should be usable.

Elysium

Awards
Would Nomura have even been allowed to use anyone besides Mickey, Donald and Goofy for KH artwork? I guess if they allowed Mickey, then anyone else should be usable.
It's probably more that he wouldn't want to have to practice drawing them correctly, where he draws MDG so often he probably has it down without going through much effort. Probably the same reason we haven't seen stained glass artwork since that first game, even though 3 made the PoHs relevant again.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think that's exactly how the new character dynamics are going to play out. They all have the same goal of finding Sora, they're just going about it in different ways. Having a focal character for both the TAV group and RAX group via Kairi and Riku respectively streamlines and connects their confined narratives.

It would be a neat way to include them as well as at least partly breaking up the whole confined trio dynamics, of which the SRK trio is arguably the best to use first because their "trio" is probably the least definite one to begin with.

Imagine Kairi roaming through worlds with TAV as party members or Riku with Roxas and Xion with added party banter and regular in-game conversations.

I would have shoved Maleficent on the left hand side with the KHUX people since Riku's side was packed. Or I would have had her and Ansem the Wise in the heart with Mickey, Donald, and Goofy. Xaldin and Lexaeus could have also been shoved in the Organization group shot.

It is a bit weird that Ienzo is there but AtW as well as Dilan & Aeleus aren't as those four were arguably together working as the "atoning" Org members with Even and Isa behind the scenes, but well, I think this might have also have to do in part with the fact that Nomura finished this art piece only shortly before the event took place in the first place.

I was already pleasantly surprised how many of the central cast he managed to include in the first place so maybe there simply was not enough time to include them as well.

kvyra

Awards
Why is it Saix and Xehanort have elvish ears. How Siax still has orange eyes

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It's probably more that he wouldn't want to have to practice drawing them correctly, where he draws MDG so often he probably has it down without going through much effort. Probably the same reason we haven't seen stained glass artwork since that first game, even though 3 made the PoHs relevant again.
Back in the day, Nomura would have a back-n-forth with a Disney staffer when drawing MDG. He'd sketch out what he'd want them to look like, then they'd redraw it on model, and he'd do it over again with his final revisions. Dunno if he's still doing that though.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Amazing piece

I can’t help laugh a little because to me it looks like Aqua has chubby cheeks. Just a little bit

Back