• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 20th Anniversary Event held in Tokyo on April 10th

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

2 quid is good

Awards
When you put it like that... that is a genuine problem. I retract my previous statement.
I didn't set out to change yours or anyones mind BTW, you're entitled to your own opinion, I just felt like highlighting why not having live streams of events is kind of an issue

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Oathkeeper has a blue paopu fruit instead of a yellow one and has different colors 🤔

The Oathkeeper keychain is supposed to be a thalassa shell charm in the shape of a paopu fruit and one side has always been blue. Whoever made the Keyblade for the hotel room likely just referenced a model that showed the blue side and assumed both sides were blue. And they didn’t want pictures posted because it’s supposed to be a surprise for guests that stay there. Not anything to do with spoilers for upcoming games.

AleMustDie

Awards
A closed event does not mean we cant see what happen that day, but is very suspicious.

Since the event is on 20th anniversary, they sure are going to release a Trailer the same day, for the eventual Oath Game.

I can't believe they can annunce a new KH in 2022 , not showing at the world . 2022, we are in 2022, and the pandemic is like speed up the process. Every event or almost is online now

BTW, I want to see Quadratum in the Trailer, and atleast 1 playable character for that game....
But probably we'll see another Gacha too.
The concert and the rest, SE can upload them later or when they want.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
The Oathkeeper keychain is supposed to be a thalassa shell charm in the shape of a paopu fruit and one side has always been blue. Whoever made the Keyblade for the hotel room likely just referenced a model that showed the blue side and assumed both sides were blue. And they didn’t want pictures posted because it’s supposed to be a surprise for guests that stay there. Not anything to do with spoilers for upcoming games.

What kind of "surprise" is that? God, this company is so odd.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
What kind of "surprise" is that? God, this company is so odd.

I think it’s neat for what it is since Oblivion is used as the room key. You get the Oathkeeper to match. It’s not supposed to be some big thing as it has now been made out to be.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I think it’s neat for what it is since Oblivion is used as the room key. You get the Oathkeeper to match. It’s not supposed to be some big thing as it has now been made out to be.
Agreed. However the mandate to not post photos online is strange, if it's just a counterpart. Especially because you still were allowed to reveal what it is.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards

It's been made into a big thing by a nonsensical request not to take pictures of an utterly mundane item hidden in a chest in a room that scores of people will be taking pictures of.

Otherwise it's not a big thing.

SuperNova

Awards
We must be experiencing a really slow news drought if people are thinking a slightly miscolored Oathkeeper keychain is gonna be important in the next game. It's just a cute little easter egg.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
We must be experiencing a really slow news drought if people are thinking a slightly miscolored Oathkeeper keychain is gonna be important in the next game. It's just a cute little easter egg.
I mean, people theorized the calendar in the Chessboard room was when the release date was going to happen for KH3

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
This is the second time that individual's jumping to conclusions got reported as news (the first time, Japanese news sites actually had to do damage control). If it happens a third time, maaaaaaybe we should stop giving them attention lol
Agreed. However the mandate to not post photos online is strange, if it's just a counterpart. Especially because you still were allowed to reveal what it is.
There were photos from other guests floating around prior to Audrey's stay, but the impression from their posts made it seem like Oathkeeper was a rare room key given to guests instead of Oblivion. Nobody talked about how they got it, merely sharing that it exists. That it is being given to everyone and is even waiting in the treasure chest for them to find would have been a nice surprise for future guests, so I get it.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
and yet, there's an embargo against showing anybody a picture of said keychain until April. if the keychain wasn't a big deal, they would not have an embargo at all.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Oh man, what was this about?
The FF7R concert in Japan. Toriyama was attending and posted a message somewhere (maybe Twitter?) that he'd share a few words at the show. Audrey immediately assumed he was referring to a new announcement. She's a newer SE fan but quickly built up a reputation in recent years due to pumping out quick (but not always accurate) translations and relaying info from the JP side of the community, so people regard her as an authority and took her words as a confirmation. This was picked up on several news sites and started growing out of proportion.

Toriyama's message did not get much, if any, attention prior to this as most fans are familiar with this practice and knew it'd just be a simple "thanks for your support" or something along those lines. It was this assumption by a prominent figure in the community that led to such a huge misunderstanding.

Eventually Japanese fans got wind of this and got really confused, leading to some of their news sites posting articles to clarify that no such announcement was ever made. And as you can probably figure out, Toriyama's words at the concert were indeed not anything of note lol

Last edited:
Back