• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 20th Anniversary Event held in Tokyo on April 10th

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I find it hilarious how everyone says “Disney worlds” but we all know this means irrelevant filler content

Let’s hope for a midway point in the next game
Most people buy kingdom hearts for that "filler content".

Also I wouldn't be surprised if they announce something like a musou game or fourtune street game.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I find it hilarious how everyone says “Disney worlds” but we all know this means irrelevant filler content

... But Verum Rex was introduced in the Toy Story world? that's just one of many plot threads introduced via Disney worlds in Kingdom Hearts III. I know a lot of people don't like that entry but let's not ignore the fact that the Disney worlds were actually progressive for the plot unlike Kingdom Hearts II. Hopefully, this trend continues for Kingdom Hearts IV.

2 quid is good

Awards
but let's not ignore the fact that the Disney worlds were actually progressive for the plot unlike Kingdom Hearts II.
You don't have to put down KH2 to talk up KH3 and also that's just flat out not true. With the sheer number of disney worlds KH2 had there are a few duds but there are plenty that relate/forward the main story.

Katsagu

Awards
... But Verum Rex was introduced in the Toy Story world? that's just one of many plot threads introduced via Disney worlds in Kingdom Hearts III. I know a lot of people don't like that entry but let's not ignore the fact that the Disney worlds were actually progressive for the plot unlike Kingdom Hearts II. Hopefully, this trend continues for Kingdom Hearts IV.
I get it. But I think what people mean is that disney worlds should be integrated in a more organic way into the story. KH3 really seems like a random trip around disney worlds before we get to the meat of the climax of this saga. The "power of awakening" stuff was a very weak as a reason, especially considering how sora ended up getting that power.

My idea of "organic" implementation of disney into KH story would be something like Coco's world being where sora ends up or whatever. It feels like the writers (or disney) have been adamant or afraid to actually implement these worlds in a way that isn't a disneyland ride through the movie's main story beats or a random adventure in the world (toy box, monsters inc). Space Paranoids and Timeless River are actually leaps and bounds above anything we've gotten since when it comes to disney integration.

Last edited:

NoWay

Awards
I get it. But I think what people mean is that disney worlds should be integrated in a more organic way into the story. KH3 really seems like a random trip around disney worlds before we get to the meat of the climax of this saga. The "power of awakening" stuff was a very weak as a reason, especially considering how sora ended up getting that power.

My idea of "organic" implementation of disney into KH story would be something like Coco's world being where sora ends up or whatever. It feels like the writers (or disney) have been adamant or afraid to actually implement these worlds in a way that isn't a disneyland ride through the movie's main story beats or a random adventure in the world (toy box, monsters inc). Space Paranoids and Timeless River are actually leaps and bounds above anything we've gotten since when it comes to disney integration.
That’s what I also think. It’s really sad that the Disney parts aren’t that relevant anymore. I mean, yeah there were some good parts in KH3. Generally, I love KH3 and its Disney worlds are marvelous. But it didn’t feel like Sora Donald and Goofy matter. I mean, in KH2 we also played the movie plots. But Sora Donald and Goofy interacted with the Disney characters and it wasn’t for example Mulan vs Shan Yu but Mulan AND Sora Donald & Goofy vs Shan Yu. I also love how the Disney characters interacted with SDG in KH2.

KH3 had some good moments (for example Toy Box) but it was rather lackluster, although I really love KH3. I want more interactions between the KH cast and the Disney cast.

Bobjam

Awards
I've actually missed anticipating and waiting for news for this series. I felt like I spent so many years being a state of waiting for news for games that when KH3 finally hit, there was a void filled that I strangely enjoyed being in! Looking forward to the wait for the next in the series whatever it may come to be.

Katsagu

Awards
I've actually missed anticipating and waiting for news for this series. I felt like I spent so many years being a state of waiting for news for games that when KH3 finally hit, there was a void filled that I strangely enjoyed being in! Looking forward to the wait for the next in the series whatever it may come to be.
Yeah I feel you. But as much as KH3 hype cycle was fun, I really hope we never have to go 6 (or 7) years from reveal to game release ever again. As much as that made me look forward to every single E3 or whatever event that happened.

Awards
You don't have to put down KH2 to talk up KH3 and also that's just flat out not true. With the sheer number of disney worlds KH2 had there are a few duds but there are plenty that relate/forward the main story.
Lemme remind ya that the second half of KH2 only exists because SDG didn't go straight to Twilight Town after being given the box with the ice cream and photo.

Out of the entire second half we only got

The conclusion of the Xaldin thing

Riku and Xigbar[for five seconds] with Xigbar apparently turning a dragon into a heartless off screen.

Luxord.

The rest is "Oh no we gotta stop hades' tournament"

"Oh no we gotta stop Jafar"

"Oh no we gotta stop Scar's ghost"

"Oh no we gotta CATCH THE GIFT THIEF"

"O H N O U R S U L A"

"We gotta save Hollow Bastion again[best revisit imo]"

Like, the realistic course of events would be they get the photo and head to Twilight Town.

But they don't and the excuse for the revisits that is only mentioned in Beast's Castle IIRC is that they're looking for a way to the TWTNW.

If you wanted to you, with a little finnese you could just merge the first and second visits together.

Hot take: KH2's midpoint from the invasion of Hollow Bastion onward isn't a midpoint.

It's the beginning of the endgame disguised as a midpoint due to the second visits.

Last edited:

2 quid is good

Awards
Lemme remind ya that the second half of KH2 only exists because SDG didn't go straight to Twilight Town after being given the box with the ice cream and photo.

Riku and Xigbar[for five seconds] with Xigbar apparently turning a dragon into a heartless off screen.

Luxord.

"O H N O U R S U L A"

Like, the realistic course of events would be they get the photo and head to Twilight Town.

But they don't and the excuse for the revisits that is only mentioned in Beast's Castle IIRC is that they're looking for a way to the TWTNW.

If you wanted to you, with a little finnese you could just merge the first and second visits together.

Hot take: KH2's midpoint from the invasion of Hollow Bastion onward isn't a midpoint.

It's the beginning of the endgame disguised as a midpoint due to the second visits.
I don't disagree with anything you said, in fact I think it adds on to my post better than I could have written. The last thing I wanna do is turn yet another thread into a KH3 vs KH2 battle ground but really i guess it comes down to your personal preference on whether you prefer the excuse for the revisits or the excuse for KH3's whole main body. I don't think any of the first visits in KH2 are bad at all, but I am terribly bored by Agrabah 2, Halloween Town 1+2 (although as I get older I think I appreciate it more) and all of Atlantica.

Like I said, KH2's sheer quantity (revisits included) means there's some duds there but by the time I've finished the revisits (and some are optional) and go to Hollow Bastion (absolutely the best revisit btw) it re energisises the momentum for me. The original point was that KH3's disney worlds progress the plot unlike KH2's, which like, considering KH3 only has 7 of merit and off the top of my head I can think of 6/7 in KH2 that also progress the plot at the same rate as KH3's makes it a moot point for me.

Why put down an older game on a point that arguably isn't even true to prop up a newer game? It's just unnecessary and provocative imo. I don't think there's anything else to say cos we could totally get into it and while I'm sure it would be interesting I also don't think anyone wants to see that.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
If the next game is actually called Kingdom Hearts mobile, I wonder what that entails though.

As I said on Twitter, KH1 pocket edition? Something like the FF7 mobile remakes?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
If the next game is actually called Kingdom Hearts mobile, I wonder what that entails though.

As I said on Twitter, KH1 pocket edition? Something like the FF7 mobile remakes?
I think it might just be a category for that playlist rather than the potential name of a title? Because there's already a KH Mobile. It was a social hub accompanying the original coded on phones.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

If by irrelevant filler you mean "the good parts of KH3", then sure.

Zackarix

Awards
On my last playthrough of KH2 it almost felt like Disney fun-times were the main plot that kept getting interrupted by the weird men in black coats subplot.

So yes, the original/Disney content balance in KH3 is bad, but at this point the bar is set really low.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
That’s what I also think. It’s really sad that the Disney parts aren’t that relevant anymore. I mean, yeah there were some good parts in KH3. Generally, I love KH3 and its Disney worlds are marvelous. But it didn’t feel like Sora Donald and Goofy matter. I mean, in KH2 we also played the movie plots. But Sora Donald and Goofy interacted with the Disney characters and it wasn’t for example Mulan vs Shan Yu but Mulan AND Sora Donald & Goofy vs Shan Yu. I also love how the Disney characters interacted with SDG in KH2.

KH3 had some good moments (for example Toy Box) but it was rather lackluster, although I really love KH3. I want more interactions between the KH cast and the Disney cast.
I think there's no question KH3 did the Disney worlds better, but even it was just baby steps as far as integration goes. They could have at least involved Maleficent and the PoH more. Where they really blew KH2 out of the water was in level design for the Disney worlds. But for some reason the original worlds became almost nothing in 3, unfortunately, where the original worlds and Disney worlds seemed fairly equivalent design-wise in 2 and 1.
And you might have a point about that, but nevertheless the second visits do exist and Radiant Garden does function as a midpoint for that reason. KH3 is lacking one. It didn't have to be Radiant Garden, but Radiant Garden's absence from 3 was a blunder of epic proportions, imo. If Nomura didn't have piss in his cornflakes over FFXV, both problems could've been solved simultaneously with RG functioning as 3's midpoint since everything happening in 3 connected to RG in a multitude of ways as it is. Instead, KH in general, KH3 as a game specifically, and the KH fandom all had to suffer because he couldn't get over himself. It especially bothers me because in my view the FFXV situation was his own fault for verging on George R. R. Martin levels of taking too long to get something out the same as he did with KH3.
Filler content or no I can't imagine a KH game without Disney worlds. Even the Quadratum game.
I agree. But I would be fine with a one-off game set in an original world as long as there are Disney characters populating the world or connecting to it somehow. Goes back to how I once posted here how neat it would be if, say, a world like Andalasia from Enchanted connected to it via the well that Giselle goes through to the 'real world' (which would be Quadratum in this case). Halloween Town and Monstropolis could be connected to it, too, via their doors. Roger Rabbit is another idea.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

Luxord.

"O H N O U R S U L A"

Honestly, it would have made sense to go straight to Twilight Town ESPECIALLY because Sora was just informed that he was being used by the Organization to kill heartless. He had a one-liner after discovering this information to reflect on it, then swiftly moves on to killing more heartless without ever caring again.

The logical story progression would be to get to the Organization ASAP, considering that Sora (should have) felt like killing heartless would help the Organization.

I think the fix to this would be:
  1. Sora going to Twilight Town to try and find the Organization/way to The World That Never Was.
  2. Heartless appear and Sora doesn't want to use the keyblade (reminiscent of Hollow Bastion visit in KH1).
  3. Some event denies Sora access to The World That Never Was/forces Sora to visit DISNEY worlds again (under the guise of finding the path to The World That Never Was).
  4. This addition will also prompt Sora to realize that he has to use the keyblade to ultimately stop the Organization, so he decides to continue using it to help people.

Awards
And you might have a point about that, but nevertheless the second visits do exist and Radiant Garden does function as a midpoint for that reason. KH3 is lacking one. It didn't have to be Radiant Garden, but Radiant Garden's absence from 3 was a blunder of epic proportions, imo. If Nomura didn't have piss in his cornflakes over FFXV, both problems could've been solved simultaneously with RG functioning as 3's midpoint since everything happening in 3 connected to RG in a multitude of ways as it is. Instead, KH in general, KH3 as a game specifically, and the KH fandom all had to suffer because he couldn't get over himself. It especially bothers me because in my view the FFXV situation was his own fault for verging on George R. R. Martin levels of taking too long to get something out the same as he did with KH3.
I said that it was the start of the endgame disguised as a midpoint. The only reason it's seen as a midpoint is partially due to how there are three Org members with their faces still obscured and they gotta put them somewhere, and cuz they didn't put the stories of the Disney worlds into one but rather split them into two-parters that mostly have nothing to do with anything outside of said three Org members and Riku.

And I fail to see how the Versus XIII situation connects to ONE WORLD not being a playable area, nor do I see how Versus was Nomura's own fault when it was more Square's fault for giving him a project only to essentially keep him from working on it by putting him on other stuff and having his team taken to ALSO work on other stuff, an engine that was hard to work with since it was made with FFXIII's needs in mind, and then booting Nomura from the whole thing so Tabata can remove stuff Nomura planned to have in the base game, shove the Insomnia invasion into a movie as part of another multimedia FF project, fail to make a playable Lunafreya TWICE, deliberately make an unbalanced story, then end up cancelling the rest of the DLC and shit cuz he decided to quit.

Back