• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 20th Anniversary Event held in Tokyo on April 10th

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SuperNova

Awards
Welp, I wish I could stay up for the event but by the time it starts I'll either be asleep or heading to work at 5 AM lmao.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think people are going to be kinder to Kingdom Hearts IV because we really don't know what to expect this time.
I don't think so. It doesn't matter what KH game it is, when it comes out the combat, level design, AI, whatever gets insulted to Castle Oblivion and beyond.

NoWay

Awards
This thread is already on fire 🔥

I’m looking forward to the mess that awaits us tomorrow

HakaishinChampa

Awards
This thread is already on fire 🔥

I’m looking forward to the mess that awaits us tomorrow
I haven't seen this forum so active in awhile.

Usually there is one-two posts on the popular threads a day but I keep coming back.

Whatever is announced, there's going to be like 10 pages in a matter of hours

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The series should just abandon roman numerals going forward, imo.
I don't think so. It will help differentiate the scope of the game. If I buy KHBbS, I know that I'm not going to be getting something on the level of KH2. Besides the numbered titles help direct to the main games. If all the titles had a subtitle, then it would be even more confusing and people would complain more.

Speaking of complain, I do feel like when KH IV comes out people will say that KH3 was better, but ultimately proclaim KH2 as the best. Up to this day, I still think KH1 is the best, but don't actively dislike any of the games (at least storywise).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't think so. It will help differentiate the scope of the game. If I buy KHBbS, I know that I'm not going to be getting something on the level of KH2. Besides the numbered titles help direct to the main games. If all the titles had a subtitle, then it would be even more confusing and people would complain more.

Speaking of complain, I do feel like when KH IV comes out people will say that KH3 was better, but ultimately proclaim KH2 as the best. Up to this day, I still think KH1 is the best, but don't actively dislike any of the games (at least storywise).
Sign's point is that by eliminating the numbers, you eliminate the expectations set by previous titles. There won't be anymore of the numbered titles vs titled games. If they make a titled game that is at the level of KH3, then it eliminates the stigma.

WaltK

Awards
Like, the realistic course of events would be they get the photo and head to Twilight Town.
At the risk of derailing the topic again, you know what they could’ve done to make the Disney revisits more logical: make it so Twilight Town suddenly becomes inaccessible again for a while, like near the beginning of the game.

Like, have Twilight Town vanish from the map again after the second visit, and then not let it be accessible again until a bunch of the Disney revisits are done, with the in-universe reason being that they’re trying to find it again or something.

Hell, the fact that the third and final visit is suddenly locked behind a new gummi route makes me wonder if that was the original intention…

Back