• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 20th anniversary screenshots and logos

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

With the announcement of new Kingdom Hearts titles comes a press release and assets courtesy of Square Enix. Check out the logos and screenshots for Kingdom Hearts Dark Road's final chapter, as well as the newly announced Kingdom Hearts Missing-Link and Kingdom Hearts IV!

KINGDOM HEARTS Dark Road

KINGDOM HEARTS Missing-Link

KINGDOM HEARTS IV

SQUARE ENIX AND DISNEY ANNOUNCE DEVELOPMENT OF KINGDOM HEARTS IV

20th Anniversary Event Unveils Next Entry in the Award-Winning Game Series that Kicks Off the “Lost Master Arc” in addition to a Brand-New Mobile Game

TOKYO, JAPAN (April 10, 2022) – Today, as part of the 20th anniversary celebration of the KINGDOM HEARTS franchise, SQUARE ENIX® and Disney announced that KINGDOM HEARTS IV, the newest installment in the beloved RPG series, is in early development, and also revealed a brand-new mobile game, KINGDOM HEARTS Missing-Link.

Watch the KINGDOM HEARTS 20th Anniversary Announcement Trailer here: https://youtu.be/j2DSEkYFRh8

In the announcement trailer, Sora makes a triumphant return with an updated look at the beginning of an epic new storyline titled the “Lost Master Arc.” Beginning with Sora facing off in a boss battle against a giant enemy, players are introduced to the Quadratum, a large, expansive city set in a gorgeous, realistic world unlike anything ever seen before in the KINGDOM HEARTS series. Fans will be excited to see the return of Sora’s well-known companions Donald and Goofy, in addition to the first appearance of Strelitzia, a mysterious new character who appears before Sora in this strange new setting.

Fans can also look forward to KINGDOM HEARTS Missing-Link, an all-new game for iOS and Android devices, which allows players to embark on adventures from the realm of Scala ad Caelum into the real world. Players will be able to engage in exhilarating battles against the Heartless and discover a new, original story. A closed beta test is planned for 2022*.

“We’re thrilled to celebrate the series’ 20th anniversary with the announcement of two new KINGDOM HEARTS titles,” said KINGDOM HEARTS series Brand Manager, Ichiro Hazama. “We’d like to thank the fans for all of their support over the years, and we can’t wait for them to experience all that’s to come for Sora.”

“Sora is an original Disney video game hero like no other, beloved by our team, and fans across the world. We’ve been honored to work with Tetsuya Nomura and his team for two decades to introduce these original stories of discovery, courage, and friendship,” said Nana Gadd, Director, Walt Disney Games. “This glimpse into Sora’s next adventure is just the beginning – we can’t wait to show more when the time is right.”

Additionally, the KINGDOM HEARTS team announced that the highly anticipated final chapter of KINGDOM HEARTS DARK ROAD will be released in August 2022 as a free update to the KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ Dark Road app.

SQUARE ENIX and Disney hosted the KINGDOM HEARTS 20th Anniversary event in Tokyo, Japan where together with fans, they celebrated the past 20 years of the beloved franchise and provided a first look at what’s to come next. The event also featured a live music performance, a showcase of stained-glass artworks and on-stage appearances from Series Director, Tetsuya Nomura, series’ composer, Yoko Shimomura, and other development members. Fans can enjoy photos from the event on the official social channels and look forward to a recording of the event which will be shared at a later date.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
From the Dark Road screens I suppose the extra characters there might be the missing upperclass wielders?

I dunno, but White-Hat-boy in Scala somewhat gives me yet another Roxas/Ventus-esque vibe in terms of appearance considering how the few hair spikes visible under the hat are positioned and he also has the big blue puppy-dog eyes.

The gameplay of Missing-Link gives me some Crisis Core-vibes somehow.

WTF is wrong with Sora's hair? It looks like it gets less and less spiky with every incarnation we get of him.

Those two coatys I expect to be MoM and Luxu most likely?

Using the Keychain as a grappling hook is also a neat new Keyblade Transformation.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
From the Dark Road screens I suppose the extra characters there might be the missing upperclass wielders?

I dunno, but White-Hat-boy in Scala somewhat gives me yet another Roxas/Ventus-esque vibe in terms of appearance considering how the few hair spikes visible under the hat are positioned and he also has the big blue puppy-dog eyes.

The gameplay of Missing-Link gives me some Crisis Core-vibes somehow.

WTF is wrong with Sora's hair? It looks like it gets less and less spiky with every incarnation we get of him.

Those two coatys I expect to be MoM and Luxu most likely?

Using the Keychain as a grappling hook is also a neat new Keyblade Transformation.
I'm thinking you can create a character in Missing Link

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Anyone else notice that the bottom command in Sora's action box in the KH4 trailer was "build"????

It was never selected, but I am very curious about what it could mean.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Video game companies purposefully use early builds as marketing material to demonstrate the improvement of quality throughout a game's development. The fact that this is the roughest version of the game shown publicly bodes well for Kingdom Hearts IV.

roXas2.0

Awards
Anyone else notice that the bottom command in Sora's action box in the KH4 trailer was "build"????

It was never selected, but I am very curious about what it could mean.
Thank you, I was wondering what the commands said...that could be really interesting. I think Sora is going to be fighting solo-mode like DDD, so I'm wondering if the "build" command is a new mechanic to help replace the aid of Donald/Goofy/Dreameaters until they can be reunited again. On a similar note, does anyone else think the yellow bar near Sora's health looks a lot like the Drive Gauge from KH2?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Thank you, I was wondering what the commands said...that could be really interesting. I think Sora is going to be fighting solo-mode like DDD, so I'm wondering if the "build" command is a new mechanic to help replace the aid of Donald/Goofy/Dreameaters until they can be reunited again. On a similar note, does anyone else think the yellow bar near Sora's health looks a lot like the Drive Gauge from KH2?
This is a standard gauge they use in their dev builds when they haven't finalized all of the gameplay features.

KH3's earliest builds also had the EX drive.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Anyone else kinda meh on the font for the KH4 logo? I kinda get what they’re going for, new arc and all that, but it feels like the odd one out compared to the other trailers. Then again, maybe it’s because Sora’s in Quadratum that the logo font looks different? That’d be a interesting way of storytelling, but who knows.

Also, while I am missing Sora’s spiky hair, his outfit is looking sharp 👍 Makes me wonder what kinda clothes we’ll see Riku in when we catch up with him.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
Anyone else kinda meh on the font for the KH4 logo? I kinda get what they’re going for, new arc and all that, but it feels like the odd one out compared to the other trailers. Then again, maybe it’s because Sora’s in Quadratum that the logo font looks different? That’d be a interesting way of storytelling, but who knows.

Yeah the old one had a sense of grandeur and prestige. The new one screams teen edge.

I don't mind the IV, though.

Awards

I like it a lot. KH3's had to grow on me because it went back to KH1's style and I wasn't feeling that originally.

Back