• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS 20th Anniversary site launches

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

the red monster

Awards
I won't mind KH3 PS5/Xbox series remaster. ray tracing and 120fps option/native 4K/faster loading with the SSD/turn the settings to high/another new version of kingdom key for each/native HDR etc. as long it's done by third party.

Awards
I have wonderful news, my friends: the chess set description has finally, officially identified who each of the gold and silver pieces used in the game is meant to represent. It can all be found under "Additional Information".

Gold pieces, from left to right: Master Xehanort, Ansem, Xemnas, Xigbar, Saix, Young Xehanort, Marluxia, Vanitas, Larxene, Demyx, Vexen, Luxord, Xaldin, Dark Riku, Xion, Terra-Xehanort
1633651918311.png

Silver pieces, from left to right: Sora, Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Terra, Aqua, Ventus, Roxas, Axel, 7 Starlights
1633652209796.png

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
What's Xaldin doing there? He wasn't a darkness, Dilan didn't even speak in KH3.
Guessing it's a leftover from early drafts they had for the character that ended up not working out. His piece was also included over Riku, Xion and Terranort's in the Ultimania; feels like someone should have caught that and made sure to exclude him.

Honestly, if they told us that piece was supposed to represent Maleficent, I'd believe it.

TrueTroper

Awards
What is this I'm seeing about an "Integrum" cloud game for the Nintendo Switch on the anniversary website? Is that what "Melody of Memories" is called in nihongo? That's quite a title change... Unless it's actually what Nomura is going to call the UX/DR "game" in the console stores?

Also, really enjoying that there are more minority characters being introduced in Dark Road. Here's hoping they get enough screen time to flesh them out rather than having them sidelined almost right after introducing them.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
What is this I'm seeing about an "Integrum" cloud game for the Nintendo Switch on the anniversary website? Is that what "Melody of Memories" is called in nihongo? That's quite a title change... Unless it's actually what Nomura is going to call the UX/DR "game" in the console stores?

Also, really enjoying that there are more minority characters being introduced in Dark Road. Here's hoping they get enough screen time to flesh them out rather than having them sidelined almost right after introducing them.
The KH Integrum Masterpiece collection was the name used for an SEJP e-store exclusive bundle that included KH3 and the remaster collections; their version of the All-In-One Collection basically, with a few extra additions. They're reusing the name for the Switch release of these games, which is only available through cloud streaming - no physical or digital releases.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Guessing it's a leftover from early drafts they had for the character that ended up not working out. His piece was also included over Riku, Xion and Terranort's in the Ultimania; feels like someone should have caught that and made sure to exclude him.
Let's hope Xaldin/Dilan still has a future in Kingdom Hearts because I loved the character in Kingdom Hearts II and I was hoping that he'd have a role for Kingdom Hearts III.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Let's hope Xaldin/Dilan still has a future in Kingdom Hearts because I loved the character in Kingdom Hearts II and I was hoping that he'd have a role for Kingdom Hearts III.
Honestly Xaldin being one of the Darknesses would have made more sense than some of the guys that did make the cut.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I like to think of Dilan as someone dealing with a lot of survivor guilt. Think about it: if you subtract Xehanort & Luxu, he's the first actual traitor to AtW, with Even/Aelous/Ienzo following him. But those 3 all got wiped out in CoM while he survived to KH2. At the time most of the org didn't know that the original somebodies would reform so as far as he knew they were dead for good.

My headcanon is Xaldin blamed himself for their deaths, thinking they wouldn't have betrayed the king if he hadn't done it first. Thus Xaldin became the most obsessed with the completion of the fake KH of anyone in the remaining org, as he saw that as the only possible means of resurrecting the lost members (Note that in KH2, Xaldin was the first character to namedrop Kingdom Hearts in-game). Thus his actions got a lot darker as he got more desperate, hence his attempts to corrupt the Beast.

Now that all of the apprentices have reconstituted anyway, Dilan has new guilt to deal with: the guilt of his actions against Beast that ended up not even being necessary at all.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Xaldin was most likely originally going to be one of the Seekers of Darkness during Dream Drop Distance. In DDD he's in the same state as Even, was loyal enough to the Organization and had many traits Xehanort would want in a vessel. Xaldin will always make more sense as a seeker over the CoM traitors from a loyalty standpoint. But given how the Seekers selected all had some kind story to either finish or carry over it made sense why he would be a character to be dropped. He really had no personal story and wasn't shoved into the ancient past or Keyblade legacy so yeah.

Zackarix

Awards
My headcanon is Xaldin
It's sad that we have to fill in characterization ourselves instead of it being in the game.
In DDD he's in the same state as Even
Wasn't Dilan left out of DDD because his voice actor was arrested? Even was left out because his seiyuu died.

Dilan and Even being in comas because they were planned to be seekers doesn't work with the plot. Why wouldn't Young Xehanort and Xigbar take them at the same time that Isa was taken? I'm pretty sure that Vexen only ended up being a member because of the replicas, but I don't think that was planned at the time DDD was written otherwise the time travel wouldn't have been necessary.

Back