• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 20th anniversary trailer + event announced

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Systems change and get updated. The old UE was creaking and very limited for what modern games attempt to create. The new ones offers a lot more flexibility, efficiency, and headroom for game design. It does everything the previous one does but does it a lot quicker and more easily. That's before you factor in graphical upgrades and new features and expanded scope. And with the seamless migration process It's not like they have to discard anything previously developed.
Yeah and I think most of us are okay with them upgrading the UE. I just dont want them to throw everything out again and try and make a new in-house engine. Over the last decade quite a few Square projects suffered because they were building an in-house engine and games at the same time.

Sure some of the stuff they made won't successfully transition and need to be reprogrammed, but most things should be upgradable. Overall I think continuing with their current Kingdom Hearts adapted UE makes the most sense, seeing Unreal is making upgrading easier and they can keep a lot of work from previous projects.

AegisXIII

Awards
I want to make mine as well now:

The 20th anniversary main title will contain:
Kingdom Hearts Phase 1 Final ReMix.

It will contain all games in Final ReMix version. How is it better than Final Mix? Final ReMix adds a new graphical engine without touching the core game. The same way that they updated Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition.
it basically doesn't alter the core game, but adds some realtime shadows, atmosphere, cell shading and everything that would make the game out from an old school motion picture. Disney Worlds would feel more alive than ever.
comparison.jpg

Of course, this time, days and re:coded would be playable, remade by the indies Zero team in Unity (melody of memory).

And Kingdom Hears 3 Final Remix would contain:
- 0.2 as part of its intro
- Remind naturally integrated into the main story (no extra save and abilities received normally during the progression)
- Raytracing
- Coliseum

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards

It will contain all games in Final ReMix version. How is it better than Final Mix? Final ReMix adds a new graphical engine without touching the core game. The same way that they updated Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition.
it basically doesn't alter the core game, but adds some realtime shadows, atmosphere, cell shading and everything that would make the game out from an old school motion picture. Disney Worlds would feel more alive than ever.
View attachment 14420

Of course, this time, days and re:coded would be playable, remade by the indies Zero team in Unity (melody of memory).

- Remind naturally integrated into the main story (no extra save and abilities received normally during the progression)
- Raytracing
- Coliseum
i fully support this idea to the fullest!

HakaishinChampa

Awards

View attachment 14420

- Raytracing
- Coliseum
If we get a Final Remix of KH2, I hope they change some cutscenes to be more lively/true to the Disney movies.

Imagine fighting Scar and Pride Rock being surrounded by fire like in the movie or a crowd in the cutscene where Hercules fights the Hydra

And more form changes - imagine in Agrabah or Land of Dragons, SDG change outfits

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
9) Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and Re:Coded Ports: A port of the DS games either on the consoles or mobile. With how retro games are having success as ports lately, I could see them porting the games, with minor graphical tweaks.

10) Kingdom Hearts re:358/2 Days: A remake of the DS game either as a Console game or a a mobile game. This seems extremely unlikely, though there is a fan demand to be able to play and experience the game. Ideally the remake would improve some of the issues and make it a bit less repetitive in game play, perhaps add a few more puzzles and mini games to make the missions a bit more varied.
It surprises me that they haven't at least gone the emulation route since these games don't look all that bad in HD:

A Days remake needs more than just a graphics update, there's a lot I find flawed with it that has nothing t do with DS imo. But if that's not a possibility, better emulation than a damned movie.

the red monster

Awards
My gueeses:
1.KH UX (might include short dark road movie) remake. now that the story is done, they gotta make everyone fully ready for phase 2. UX has too much story to stay mobile only.
2.KH Verum rex/KH4 with short cgi trailer and logo reveal, like DQ12. likely 2023 release.
3.Disney+ tv show
4.Dark road ending will drop right after the event
5.KH3 ReMind + MoM bundle updated for PS5/Series X-S. KH3 might get new version of kingdom key, nothing else.
another option: they release a bundle of KH3 ReMind + MoM + UX movie instead of doing full on UX remake.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
It surprises me that they haven't at least gone the emulation route since these games don't look all that bad in HD:

A Days remake needs more than just a graphics update, there's a lot I find flawed with it that has nothing t do with DS imo. But if that's not a possibility, better emulation than a damned movie.
I agree the games dont look too bad in HD though it still would benefit from models being swapped out for higher quality ones and teaks to the gameplay.
I'd be pretty happy, if we got a good emulation port. The game looks pretty good in the right emulator.

I feel a Re: Days could fix quite a few of the gameplay issues and maybe even allow some dropped ideas and concepts like having Samurai Nobodies join Roxas on missions.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I agree the games dont look too bad in HD though it still would benefit from models being swapped out for higher quality ones and teaks to the gameplay.
I'd be pretty happy, if we got a good emulation port. The game looks pretty good in the right emulator.

I feel a Re: Days could fix quite a few of the gameplay issues and maybe even allow some dropped ideas and concepts like having Samurai Nobodies join Roxas on missions.
It's the reason for my suggestion of a GoL multiplayer game, it's a spiritual successor to Days. A redo of some of those ideas.

AegisXIII

Awards
5.KH3 ReMind + MoM bundle updated for PS5/Series X-S. KH3 might get new version of kingdom key, nothing else.
another option: they release a bundle of KH3 ReMind + MoM + UX movie instead of doing full on UX remake.
You mean: KH3.5? XD

Updating the models and the maps while keeping the core shouldn't be difficult. All of the assets already exist. But putting this ds game on console would require a bit more polishing in the gameplay as this title was mostly designed for very short sessions.

SuperNova

Awards
I wouldn't be opposed to a Days remake but I'm not sure how they could tweak the gameplay and the grid system to work on consoles without being annoying. It would be awesome if they expanded on the multiplayer Days introduced though.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Updating the models and the maps while keeping the core shouldn't be difficult. All of the assets already exist. But putting this ds game on console would require a bit more polishing in the gameplay as this title was mostly designed for very short sessions.
True, the mission structure makes it better suited for a mobile port than a console one.

Not really sure, if it's possible to change the mission structure in a way to make it better suited for the home console other than to make them more varied.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
True, the mission structure makes it better suited for a mobile port than a console one.

Not really sure, if it's possible to change the mission structure in a way to make it better suited for the home console other than to make them more varied.
Just turn the missions into story flags, where more than one can open up at a time. Rather than single visits and a linear-ish world map like usual.
Mission objectives can be converted into an activity/challenge list for each world and maybe completing X amount of those advances the day/story.

Rather than a tedious and repetitive mission structure make it more open-ended and player-driven.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Just turn the missions into story flags, where more than one can open up at a time. Rather than single visits and a linear-ish world map like usual.
Mission objectives can be converted into an activity/challenge list for each world and maybe completing X amount of those advances the day/story.

Rather than a tedious and repetitive mission structure make it more open-ended and player-driven.
I've long contested that Crisis Core had the better template for how Days should've been done: chapter-based main story covering a stretch of time, with 300+ side missions being strictly bonus.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Does anyone know when the chess set will go on sale/preorder? Out of all the merch that they will have for this, I NEED TO GET THE CHESS SET.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Does anyone know when the chess set will go on sale/preorder? Out of all the merch that they will have for this, I NEED TO GET THE CHESS SET.
It’s been up for preorder for a while. Also not an actual chess set, in case you were hoping to use it for actual chess.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
It’s been up for preorder for a while. Also not an actual chess set, in case you were hoping to use it for actual chess.

Spot the difference.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards

Spot the difference.
Holy oof
The number alone is bad enough, but then the conversion...

Eurofriends could import with the best shipping option and still save money

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

Thanks for the link, but OMFG!!! I hope I get a decent bonus this year because that will go to this set... WOW! I will wait to pre-order... unless it can run out of pre-orders?

Also, did they ever give a date for when the 20th anniversary event will be?

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Okay, like everyone else I would love it if a Kingdom Hearts animated series was announced, but you know what would be a real curveball?
They would not only announce the series in production but also that they are hiring for it! Bonus points if they allow fans to submit art to be shown at the end of episodes. It’s highly unlikely this’ll actually happen, but I’m sure there’s plenty of fans in the community that would want to be a part of making a possible animated series.

Back