• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 Buying Guide

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
Despite not posting here often anymore I still typically come here for any Kingdom Hearts information I may need. So I was surprised not to find any kind of buying guide for his game. Anyway I'll get to it.

Standard Edition
- $60 The base game by itself. You can buy this at all the typical retailers. Game Stop is the only place that has a physical bonus for preordering: a fabric poster. A digital preorder on PSN will get you a dynamic theme.

Deluxe Edition- $80 The game comes with a steelbook case, an artbook and a collectible pin. You can only get this at Amazon(Currently Unavailable), Best Buy, Newegg, Game Stop, and the Square Enix Store. The Square Enix Store has an exclusive bundle that includes three Bring figures of Sora, Donald, and Goofy in their Toy forms for $230.

There has also been a PS4 Pro All-in-one bundle announced that will include 1.5+2.5, 2.8, and III. You currently cannot pre-order this yet.

My question: Does anyone here think or know if a proper Collector's Edition will be announced soon? The Deluxe Edition is... weak. This is Kingdom Hearts III we're talking about, I want the whole she-bang. An artbook and pin ain't gonna cut it but they're a good start. Square Enix's Figure bundle is expensive and honestly them being in their Toy Story forms is a major letdown for me. We're approaching the release date rapidly and I'm pretty disappointed in my purchasing options (or lack thereof).

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Despite not posting here often anymore I still typically come here for any Kingdom Hearts information I may need. So I was surprised not to find any kind of buying guide for his game.
I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused as to the existence of this thread. You put it forth as a buying guide, but the information is the same as what has been written and published on KHInsider for months (here's one I just found for the deluxe and deluxe + bring arts)

In any event, aren't buying guides more useful right before launch, when the prices are all set in stone and it is easiest to compare what is cheapest where? In Australia, we have to wait until store catalogues are out so buying guides are usually up the week of a games release so I'm not sure if it is done differently in America.

Squall Strife

I've got the collectors edition & the deluxe edition preordered. It seems like it will stick like that unless there is suddenly news of another version.

Veevee

Awards
The Deluxe Edition is... weak. This is Kingdom Hearts III we're talking about, I want the whole she-bang. An artbook and pin ain't gonna cut it but they're a good start. Square Enix's Figure bundle is expensive and honestly them being in their Toy Story forms is a major letdown for me. We're approaching the release date rapidly and I'm pretty disappointed in my purchasing options (or lack thereof).

I agree with this. The Deluxe Edition is decent for its price, but I'm not really impressed by the Collector's Edition so far. Not too fond of the Play Arts (why did they choose Toy Story?) and whatever country-exclusive editions they released so far, didn't impress me either. A wallscroll where most of the wallscroll is made up of huge Disney figures and SDG in a standard pose, a Jojo, a digital keyblade ... like what? I want a Soundtrack, a Diorama, a wallscroll of the game's Cover Art, something like that, not a ... Jojo.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused as to the existence of this thread. You put it forth as a buying guide, but the information is the same as what has been written and published on KHInsider for months (here's one I just found for the deluxe and deluxe + bring arts)

In any event, aren't buying guides more useful right before launch, when the prices are all set in stone and it is easiest to compare what is cheapest where? In Australia, we have to wait until store catalogues are out so buying guides are usually up the week of a games release so I'm not sure if it is done differently in America.

You guys have individual news releases on the different editions that have been announced, but unless someone knows what they're looking for it isn't very helpful after the initial release. I wanted something more centralized so I could see all the different versions in a list. I don't really know how it works overseas but the $60 and $80 price points are standard and as long as they're taking preorders that $80 price is probably not going to change. At this point there's almost a 100% chance that nothing will change from now until release. The only difference the vendor will make is the service provided, and lately Amazon has been getting cute with availability of stock and straight up delaying and cancelling orders. In any case this game is going to sell like fire so it's probably best to lock in a preorder sooner rather than later.

I'm kind of hoping they announce some limited collectors edition sometime soon but as we get closer to the release the chances of that are getting slim. I actually wanted someone to come in and say I forgot about one of the bundles but alas.

Also apologies to international people since this list only covers what's available in the United States.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I'm all in favor of someone's / anyone's price guide being stickied for reference if it come with the promise of updating the OP.

Awards
There HAS to be something more included with the Deluxe Edition. I just don’t see how a steelbook cover, a tiny art book, and a pin justify $20 more.

shady543

Awards
Hey in Australia its $130 for the deluxe edition so it could be worse. :/

We do get a light up keyring with it if you preorder from EB but I doubt its worth heaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back