• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 Final Mix ++

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
So I know we're all having fun theorizing what will happen in Kingdom Hearts 3, but I'd like to discuss today what sort of things we could expect from a Final Mix!

Obviously there will be some things we cannot theorize until we have more info on KH 3, but I'd like to take some pokes at what we could see. Keep in mind I'm doing this based on the fact that someone asked Nomura in an interview about it and he said if they made one it could be implemented as DLC (similar to Royal Edition of XV I'm guessing).

So the first thing I'd like to mention is a toggle switch for choosing whether you want to boot up OG or FM 3. If not a full game toggle, it'd be nice to have the option to change heartless/nobody/unversed colors individually if you have a preference.

More keyblades, I'd like to see a few new keys and maybe new "drive" forms. A new summon or two would be nice, and maybe even new Attraction Flows.

A new world? With the fact that they have discussed other possible DLC options, maybe adding a new world to the Final Mix would be a way to set it apart from the predecessors.

New battles and playable characters. Maybe this one goes without saying, but I'm guessing there may be a few points where we see cut scenes and characters will battle and we won't take control, so hopefully those moments will be playable in a FM. Kairi vs Larxene, Riku vs Data Riku, Lea vs Saix, etc, cool moments that would be awesome to control.

Outfits you can change. While we don't know if we can change the main outfits on other worlds just yet, it's a high possibility we won't be able to cause we haven't before. It'd be cool if they could give us other outfits to change the crew in (starting with those Super Groupie outfits) and maybe adding the accessory option like 0.2

Finally, new minigames/collectables. We don't know what to expect from KH3 just yet, but other than the stickers in 2 FM we didn't really have anything to collect like the puppies in 1. I want to have stuff I can collect arbitrarily (of course there would be rewards) just so I can spend more time searching the worlds up and down.

So those are my hopes/thoughts on what we could see for FM, what are your opinions?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Given recent news, I'm doubting Episode Riku, Episode Kairi, Etc. will be much of a thing. A shame since I think the KH series would benefit more from such DLC than FFXV.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Given recent news, I'm doubting Episode Riku, Episode Kairi, Etc. will be much of a thing. A shame since I think the KH series would benefit more from such DLC than FFXV.

Are you talking about the cancellation of Episode Aranea, Episode Luna, and Episode Noctis? I don't think the KH parts would play like that, i think it would be something actually integrated into the story, like the battle with Roxas in KH2 FM. Episodes would be nice, to explore a whole world as said character, but unless Nomura left Square I don't think they'd have a problem with that kind of DLC. Also, they don't "plan" DLC for KH3, so anything would be spur of the moment. The fact they lost 33 million on the XV DLC, I'm assuming a lot of updates and patches and rendering/programming was already done, maybe even the voice acting as well.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Get your FFXV out of my Kingdom Hearts. Right now.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Get your FFXV out of my Kingdom Hearts. Right now.

Honestly, I don't even think we'd see XV characters in KH at this point. I feel like they're going to scoff at the thought of it and even regret using Noctis as the rep for Tekken and Dissidia.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Honestly, I don't even think we'd see XV characters in KH at this point. I feel like they're going to scoff at the thought of it and even regret using Noctis as the rep for Tekken and Dissidia.

I'm just joshing. I wouldn't mind a FFXV candidate in KH3, but when I read Episode Riku, Episode Kairi etc my eyes twitched.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm just joshing. I wouldn't mind a FFXV candidate in KH3, but when I read Episode Riku, Episode Kairi etc my eyes twitched.

Yeah, that's what I thought MATGSY was referencing. I want it all to be integrated seamlessly, like I originally thought the character episodes would be in XV. I hated what we got.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
1) I agree, I've always wanted a toggle on the FM recolors.

It's basically almost gotten to the point now where the recolors are the canon colors now because they haven't ported the original games to ps4 and anyone who decided to play the games fresh would see the FM versions as the base game.

I'm incredibly salty that it isn't toggle-able because some days I just want to see the original colors, man. And, honestly, I kind of always hated the recolors ever since the first FM.

2) Another thing I want is actually having different language tracks on one CD. Like, please square. I hate having to get an extra copy of each game shipped to me from America just to experience the English version. It sucks and it's expensive. I already hate that nintendo is a jerk with region locking so I was never actually able to play KHDDD in english until it got ported, so I have a lovely unplayable trophy of a game case that's just sitting unused on my KH shelf... (thanks region locked 3Ds! Stay classy!)

We live in an age now where I should just be able to buy a game and download alternative language tracks later or something if I wanna play it in some other language (or just in subs if they don't have it dubbed). I thought I was gold after FFXV had the language settings built in. But no. KH3 is language locked via region and I'm stuck buying multiple copies again.

3) Outfits. Please give me outfits. Or more costume collection fun like in 0.2. Clothing is always my favorite extra addition of anything, ever. They can add in, like I said, a thing to collect costume pieces OR maybe actually build a few clothing stores in Twilight Town or something for you to buy outfits with all the extra munny that ends up sitting in your inventory when the game is over...

4) New Keyblades? Each Keyblade in kh3 seems to be more unique with the transformations so I'm not sure how easily they would be able to just drop in new keyblades and have them work without testing them. Either they would risk being unbalanced, or weak in comparison. BUT it would be really swell of them to allow people to get their favorite previous keyblades to use and just give them some generic transformation. Real swell. Because if I can't use Oathkeeper in KH3 imma flip some tables.

5) An ability to replay bosses in some digital arena or something. Would be nice just to be able to redo old fights with new abilities, or just for fun.

6) Give me something involving riddles. This one is a bit out there, but let me explain. So...with KH2FM we got a ton of added in puzzles that involved revisiting worlds using drive abilities that were leveled up properly to actually reach them, and then were tasked with the added job of actually assembling the picture properly. It was a great way to add some extra fun to the game and an added excuse to use drive and level it up (if, for some reason you weren't doing that...) Also, the art was awesome. So I want something similar. But, to break it away from more platforming, what if it was designed around solving riddles?

Maybe it gives you a riddle, and then you have to stalk around the different worlds looking for whatever fits the description the best then take a photo of it for it to count as "finding" it, or interact with the object in question. Like, I dunno, maybe one answer could be arranging the letter blocks in Andy's room to say a particular word or something.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Maybe there'll be a singular expansion announced at D23 to add in all the content Nomura wasn't initally able to?

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
1) I agree, I've always wanted a toggle on the FM recolors.

It's basically almost gotten to the point now where the recolors are the canon colors now because they haven't ported the original games to ps4 and anyone who decided to play the games fresh would see the FM versions as the base game.

I'm incredibly salty that it isn't toggle-able because some days I just want to see the original colors, man. And, honestly, I kind of always hated the recolors ever since the first FM.

2) Another thing I want is actually having different language tracks on one CD. Like, please square. I hate having to get an extra copy of each game shipped to me from America just to experience the English version. It sucks and it's expensive. I already hate that nintendo is a jerk with region locking so I was never actually able to play KHDDD in english until it got ported, so I have a lovely unplayable trophy of a game case that's just sitting unused on my KH shelf... (thanks region locked 3Ds! Stay classy!)

We live in an age now where I should just be able to buy a game and download alternative language tracks later or something if I wanna play it in some other language (or just in subs if they don't have it dubbed). I thought I was gold after FFXV had the language settings built in. But no. KH3 is language locked via region and I'm stuck buying multiple copies again.

3) Outfits. Please give me outfits. Or more costume collection fun like in 0.2. Clothing is always my favorite extra addition of anything, ever. They can add in, like I said, a thing to collect costume pieces OR maybe actually build a few clothing stores in Twilight Town or something for you to buy outfits with all the extra munny that ends up sitting in your inventory when the game is over...

4) New Keyblades? Each Keyblade in kh3 seems to be more unique with the transformations so I'm not sure how easily they would be able to just drop in new keyblades and have them work without testing them. Either they would risk being unbalanced, or weak in comparison. BUT it would be really swell of them to allow people to get their favorite previous keyblades to use and just give them some generic transformation. Real swell. Because if I can't use Oathkeeper in KH3 imma flip some tables.

5) An ability to replay bosses in some digital arena or something. Would be nice just to be able to redo old fights with new abilities, or just for fun.

6) Give me something involving riddles. This one is a bit out there, but let me explain. So...with KH2FM we got a ton of added in puzzles that involved revisiting worlds using drive abilities that were leveled up properly to actually reach them, and then were tasked with the added job of actually assembling the picture properly. It was a great way to add some extra fun to the game and an added excuse to use drive and level it up (if, for some reason you weren't doing that...) Also, the art was awesome. So I want something similar. But, to break it away from more platforming, what if it was designed around solving riddles?

Maybe it gives you a riddle, and then you have to stalk around the different worlds looking for whatever fits the description the best then take a photo of it for it to count as "finding" it, or interact with the object in question. Like, I dunno, maybe one answer could be arranging the letter blocks in Andy's room to say a particular word or something.

1- Yeah, some of the recolors just seemed lazy but there were a few I really really liked.

2- Didn't someone say something about that language issue being a Disney thing and not necessarily a Square thing? I feel like I read that somewhere, but in today's society that should be really easy to implement.

3- Yes exactly! Or even just letting us change to outfits that are already in game even. I'd love to do a full playthrough as Pirate Sora if we get new game+

4- Of course they'd test them first lol Final Mix had One-Winged Angel and Diamond Dust, Final Mix + had Winner's Proof and Two Become One, so I don't see why they couldn't come up with a new mechanic. Speaking on behalf of Oathkeepr, I'm really hoping that Oathkeeper and Oblivion's "drive" form allows dual wielding them and fighting like Roxas.

5- Yeah something like the Data Battles but for all bosses would be neat.

6- I'm a fan of puzzles and riddles myself so it would be awesome. Or even treasure maps that make you find a certain point on a certain world (not necessarily the world you got the clue from) to find a rare synthesis material or armor/accessory.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
4- Of course they'd test them first lol Final Mix had One-Winged Angel and Diamond Dust, Final Mix + had Winner's Proof and Two Become One, so I don't see why they couldn't come up with a new mechanic. Speaking on behalf of Oathkeepr, I'm really hoping that Oathkeeper and Oblivion's "drive" form allows dual wielding them and fighting like Roxas.

Heh, well the problem I was trying to point out wasn't that it would be impossible to test them, or that they had never added keyblades before, but that instead that unlike previous FM when they added Keyblades, in KH3 the keyblades have a much more elaborate function attached to each one specifically. In KH1 and 2 FM the extra keyblades just needed to have stats and/or a random ability attached to them and have the magic and attack stats adjusted accordingly to work just fine. In 3 the Keyblades would need to have transformations incorporated with them. Because a Keyblade that cannot transform will be comparatively weak. So, new keyblades would need to have an entirely new transformation or just re-use an existing one (which would be boring). This runs a greater risk of being overpowered or under-powered comparatively and would require much more testing than just assigning a random ability and stats, meaning new ones would be harder, comparatively, to include. Not impossible, but more difficult.

Or even treasure maps that make you find a certain point on a certain world

I would be so down for a treasure hunting mechanic in the Pirates world. Following pirate maps for loot! ^^

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Heh, well the problem I was trying to point out wasn't that it would be impossible to test them, or that they had never added keyblades before, but that instead that unlike previous FM when they added Keyblades, in KH3 the keyblades have a much more elaborate function attached to each one specifically. In KH1 and 2 FM the extra keyblades just needed to have stats and/or a random ability attached to them and have the magic and attack stats adjusted accordingly to work just fine. In 3 the Keyblades would need to have transformations incorporated with them. Because a Keyblade that cannot transform will be comparatively weak. So, new keyblades would need to have an entirely new transformation or just re-use an existing one (which would be boring). This runs a greater risk of being overpowered or under-powered comparatively and would require much more testing than just assigning a random ability and stats, meaning new ones would be harder, comparatively, to include. Not impossible, but more difficult.

I would be so down for a treasure hunting mechanic in the Pirates world. Following pirate maps for loot! ^^

I get what you meant, which I was elaborating on when I said they would test it. They would have that in mind before making the keyblade. So right now we see that the Honey keyblade seems to recycle animations Sora uses when Shooting Star becomes a bazooka, but it's a beezooka. That's mostly the same. It might also transform into dual guns. It also puts Sora in Guardian form colors, probably because honey color, but Shooting Star turns Sora into Drive form based on the twilight town scene in one of the E3 trailers. We also have the Stardust and Star Seeker keyblades/variants (the PS4 and XBOXONE skins) that don't have any known transformation or ability yet and may just put Sora in Second Form which could mean it's entirely possible that we could see form repeats or copies already. That all being said, I hope they choose to do something different with any new keyblades we haven't seen or that they may or may not add for KH3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back