• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 made me realize that maybe the franschise was never that good to begin with

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I was kinda disappointed by KH3. I was one of those people who were waiting for it since like 2007 and I was willing to buy a PS4 for it. Unfortunately, as the years went buy and I got more insight regarding whats will be in it, i started losing interest. Here is what I didnt like:

-lack of original worlds. I was expacting SE to have more playable and explorable original worlds like Traverse Town, Radiant Garden, more of Twilight Town, maybe a reimagination of Castle Oblivion's interior, Land of Departure and a final world in the same line with the previous ones like EOTW and TWTNW. Instead they used the same formula they did in KH1, mostly disney worlds with a few orginals and even those were watered down compared to what the prvious titles had

-gameplay is too unfocused and vapid. The core of KH1 and KH2 was swordplay, the idea of parrying, finding openings, posistioning. And they exapanded from those. But in KH3 as soon as the game begins the focus is on magic, team attacks, attraction and generally flashy, automated,spectavcle providing techniques. Also shotlocks. BBS was an experimentaion to find new things to add in KH3 but personally, BBS was terrible and broken they shouldnt have taken anything from that game. There is just too much going in KH3, i prefered the simplicity of the previous titles where special abilities had more meaning. Also the moment doesnt feel as fluid as in 2 but i could get past that. And too much disney/goofy looking attacks

-the new desings.I feel like these were forced, new clothes for the sake of old ones. In kh2, the new designs felt organic and inspired, in KH3 they had to give new outfits and hair to be different. I wouldnt mind using the same outfits and haircuts from KH2, those looked great in UE4. Also, Sora's new haircut looks dub. like, why are the sides pointing upwards all of a sudden? I looks like he tried to style it but failed and the graphics make it look even weirder. I liked more whne he looked like a ssj teen gohan. Also some of the world forms are compeltely uncessary like the in Pirates of Caribbeans and San fRANSOKYO.

-Unresolved plot points. Im still waiting for an explanation as to why Xehnaort took the name ansem, why his heartless is just a floating heart, where did the memory pods come from, what exactly was going on with Terra/Xehanort during the fight with Aqua, was the amnesia an act? These are a few that i can thik on top of my had

-Reusing PS2 graphics. That was a big minus for me and i find out really lazy that they didnt recreate everything in UR4. If you arent gonna remake it then dont put it in the game. Constantly explaining everything is extremely annoying.

But the thing is, maybe my expectations were too high, KH3 showed that SE has a way of making games and they wont change it. Same formulas, innovation for the sake of innovation, and i realized that what i want from the series isnt what the series is about. I look at previous titles and i though what could be done more to my liking only to conclude that its not gonna happen. The KH formula is the same since 2002 and i accepted that its not gonna change. Maybe its nostalgia but it felt more natural back then, now it feels forced. The series hasnt really evolved, sure you got bigger worlds now but thats only because of technological capactiy. And Soulsborne still does does that better anyway.

KH does it own thing ig and its gonna keep doing it. Ikd how much is delibarate and how much is comprimise due to Disney's pressure but i have accepted it. KH3 wasnt the best game ever i hoped it to be and ig any other KH game wont be that either. The series was ambitious in 2002 but nowdays it doenst evolve, it keeps doing the same thing and its fine cause thats what makes it successful. FF Orgin looks promising and thats a game i was never hyped for. Maybe hype isnt a good thing in the end, you fantasize about a game and when it comes out, its nothing like what you imagined.

sakonan7

Awards
I hope Nomura has good plans for the rest of the series because the new story branches looks promising. In general, yeah, Nomura could have planned out the series better.

Awards
I hope Nomura has good plans for the rest of the series because the new story branches looks promising. In general, yeah, Nomura could have planned out the series better.
I get a feeling his heart wasnt into it, it feels like he is really bitter over what happened with Versus 13 (which is partially his fault since he wanted 7 years to make a game lol)

sakonan7

Awards
I get a feeling his heart wasnt into it, it feels like he is really bitter over what happened with Versus 13 (which is partially his fault since he wanted 7 years to make a game lol)
Yeah, I can see signs of his heart not being in it. The Versus XIII thing is really understandable. He didn't have a full concept in 2006 and 2007 but Square Enix pushed a trailer out and he is running another video game series simultaneously. I don't even think he was working fully on it until 2012 when XV's trailer came out. It's a mix of his fault and Square Enix's because he was indecisive too.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I was kinda disappointed by KH3. I was one of those people who were waiting for it since like 2007 and I was willing to buy a PS4 for it. Unfortunately, as the years went buy and I got more insight regarding whats will be in it, i started losing interest. Here is what I didnt like:

-lack of original worlds. I was expacting SE to have more playable and explorable original worlds like Traverse Town, Radiant Garden, more of Twilight Town, maybe a reimagination of Castle Oblivion's interior, Land of Departure and a final world in the same line with the previous ones like EOTW and TWTNW. Instead they used the same formula they did in KH1, mostly disney worlds with a few orginals and even those were watered down compared to what the prvious titles had

-the new desings.I feel like these were forced, new clothes for the sake of old ones. In kh2, the new designs felt organic and inspired, in KH3 they had to give new outfits and hair to be different. I wouldnt mind using the same outfits and haircuts from KH2, those looked great in UE4. Also, Sora's new haircut looks dub. like, why are the sides pointing upwards all of a sudden? I looks like he tried to style it but failed and the graphics make it look even weirder. I liked more whne he looked like a ssj teen gohan. Also some of the world forms are compeltely uncessary like the in Pirates of Caribbeans and San fRANSOKYO.

-Reusing PS2 graphics. That was a big minus for me and i find out really lazy that they didnt recreate everything in UR4. If you arent gonna remake it then dont put it in the game. Constantly explaining everything is extremely annoying.
I agree about the original worlds. Radiant Garden's absence leaves the game feeling a little hollow, but they could've at least made Keyblade Graveyard better than that... Twilight Town is mostly okay as far as the design, except it feels like a big mistake not to have made the clocktower accessible.

The designs got a mixed reaction for me. I prefer Riku's, Kairi's, and Mickey's clothes here to those in 2, but Sora's outfit in 2 was better and I hate that Riku's hair (and eye color) was changed to make him more like Noctis, bleh. Kairi's clothes are better, but her model is worse--like she aged backwards from 2.

I remember being taken out by the use of PS2 graphics in the intro as well. That said, I enjoyed the gameplay. Loved flowmotion. While I agree about BbS' gameplay being horrible, shotlocks were the one feature I did like and was happy it returned.

Awards
Yeah, I can see signs of his heart not being in it. The Versus XIII thing is really understandable. He didn't have a full concept in 2006 and 2007 but Square Enix pushed a trailer out and he is running another video game series simultaneously. I don't even think he was working fully on it until 2012 when XV's trailer came out. It's a mix of his fault and Square Enix's because he was indecisive too.

i heard rumors that he kept rewrittting the story every two months or so but it was definately his biggest ambition. with KH3, i feel like he just went through with the motions because SE told him to focus on that

Awards
Radiant Garden's absence leaves the game feeling a little hollow, but they could've at least made Keyblade Graveyard better than that... Twilight Town is mostly okay as far as the design, except it feels like a big mistake not to have made the clocktower accessible.

I really wanted to explore the caslte in this game now that it has been rebuilt, im curious to see what it looks like on the inside besides the corrdiros/computer room.

prefer Riku's, Kairi's, and Mickey's clothes here to those in 2, but Sora's outfit in 2 was better and I hate that Riku's hair (and eye color) was changed to make him more like Noctis, bleh. Kairi's clothes are better, but her model is worse--like she aged backwards from 2.

Nomura just cant let go of that versus 13 thing. I think they wanted to do the blue/red oni thing with sora and riku like they did it in KH1 but there wasnt any reason for it since Sora and Riku have grew out of that phase. They are on the same side all the way since the end of KH1

I remember being taken out by the use of PS2 graphics in the intro as well. That said, I enjoyed the gameplay. Loved flowmotion. While I agree about BbS' gameplay being horrible, shotlocks were the one feature I did like and was happy it returned.

the gameplay has its strengths definately. most importantly, sora runs faster so you dont need maxxed out growth abilities to go from point a to point b like in 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back