• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 3 Manga Vol. 1 by Shiro Amano cover art revealed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yen Press is set to release the first volume of the Kingdom Hearts III manga series by Shiro Amano on November 24th, and fans can finally get a look at the cover art!

Yen Press has been releasing the ongoing Kingdom Hearts III manga series digitally since it first began publication in April last year, but now fans can finally get their hands on the physical print copy to add it to their collection this holiday season.

KINGDOM HEARTS III Volume 1 (manga)
Page Count: 160
Price: $13 USD
Release Date: November 24th, 2020

As the one chosen by the Keyblade, Sora travels once again with his friends Donald and Goofy in order to reclaim his lost power!

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Books-A-Million | Indigo | Indiebound | RightStuf

The Kingdom Hearts manga and novel collection: 

Kingdom Hearts: The NovelChain of Memories: The Novel
Kingdom Hearts II: The Novel Volume 1 & Volume 2 
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days: The Novel 
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep: The Novel
Kingdom Hearts Re:coded: The Novel
Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance]: The Novel
Kingdom Hearts X: Your Keyblade, Your Story
Kingdom Hearts 3: The Novel
 Volume 1 & Volume 2
Kingdom Hearts manga series by Shiro Amano

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With You, the rumored Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus series, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Last edited by a moderator:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I love this cover. I wonder how many volumes there will be to the KH3 manga. I'm guessing at least one of the installments will have an Arendelle cover?

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I love this cover. I wonder how many volumes there will be to the KH3 manga. I'm guessing at least one of the installments will have an Arendelle cover?

He has been known to skip some worlds (or rearrange their placement within the story), not that Arendelle will get the axe.
- KHI: Deep Jungle, Halloween Town
- CoM: every world but Traverse Town and Agrabah
- Days: Halloween Town
- KHII: 100 Acre Wood, Atlantica, Port Royal, Pride Lands, Halloween Town / Christmas Town

Concerning KHIII, it will be especially interesting if Amano writes in The Caribbean. Will we get a flashback of events that would fit in Manga!KHII's plot, or will we see Manga!SDG forming a new relationship with Jack? Amano could circumvent this and skip the world again.

But I do wonder what is going to deviate and what will be condensed. From a narrative standpoint, he has a nightmarish task ahead of him. There's still so much to cover that's not just KHIII, and then he has the actual structure of KHIII's plot to sort out. He's touched on 0.2 a fair amount (and by proxy tidbits of BBS), I just hope it's not too choppy of a read with all the back-and-forth.

This could potentially be the longest manga project just due to the sheer amount of ground to cover.

Blade1587

Awards
He has been known to skip some worlds (or rearrange their placement within the story), not that Arendelle will get the axe.
- KHI: Deep Jungle, Halloween Town
- CoM: every world but Traverse Town and Agrabah
- Days: Halloween Town
- KHII: 100 Acre Wood, Atlantica, Port Royal, Pride Lands, Halloween Town / Christmas Town

I wonder if it’s a coincidence that both of the worlds missing from kh1 are also the ones with more complex legalities (hope this word applies cause i can’t think of another one) involved.

KH2’s list is even more surprising but i guess none of those had really much significance storywise to begin with, although a chapter filled with images of sora and the gang dancing could’ve been fun to see

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I already have this marked to get along with the final KH3 novel next year. So many KH book goodies. Need to make some space on my bookshelves for them.

The only world I could see them skipping would be Port Royal. I think everything else is bound to happen. Frozen probably is mandatory no matter what. The Disney chapters usually aren't that long so it probably won't be too much lengthier then the KH2 manga. It's the KH original stuff that will need coverage since BBS and DDD don't have mangas. But I'm not worried. They can make some humorous moments out of it all. Can't wait to collect them all!

Elysium

Awards
@Rydgea: Thanks for letting me know. I have KH1 / CoM, but I still need to get the last volume of the KH2 manga and 2 of the Days manga. I suppose it makes sense why they'd skip several KH2 worlds; that game was bloated. I hope they don't skip Arendelle... :/ The PIXAR characters are going to look so bad hand-drawn, especially Sully and Mike. I'd rather they cut one of them and BH6. Port Royal could go, too, although this might be the last chance to include that world in the manga perhaps? And naturally 100 Acre Wood wasn't substantial enough to include.

Writer_Man

Awards
To be honest, they'd have to cut plot points or change them in order to cut most of KHIII worlds. All of them have some connection to the overall plot and an Organization member. Port Royal and 100 Acre Woods are the only ones I can see getting the axe (and possibly Tangled since Frozen is a retread).

SweetYetSalty

Awards
To be honest, they'd have to cut plot points or change them in order to cut most of KHIII worlds. All of them have some connection to the overall plot and an Organization member. Port Royal and 100 Acre Woods are the only ones I can see getting the axe (and possibly Tangled since Frozen is a retread).
What makes you think Tangled would get the axe? It's not Frozen level, but it's certainly a popular enough Disney property to use. Port Royal to me is the only one they might skip, because whether it was the manga or novels, Amano has yet to draw the Caribbean. I'll be surprised if it's included. I imagine it would look something similar to how Tron looked in the KH2 manga.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Yen Press says this will now release on December 1st 2020.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Yen Press says this will now release on December 1st 2020.
I was just about to post this. I'm mad because I had it preordered and it looks like it was removed from my Amazon order list. I was looking forward to getting this almost along side MoM. Oh well, I guess I can get the light novels in the meantime.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I know I’m late to the party on the comment about BH6 but I think it is the one that is likely to stay in because of its comic origins, and the fact that it has been made into a manga before and a 2D animated show. There are plenty of references on how to interpret the characters into 2D so it isn’t a problem.

I imagine that if they were to cut any worlds, it would be something like Pooh and Pirates. I think everything else would make it in.

Anyways! I got my copy of the manga. I’m happy to have it in my collection. I’m just worried about how long it’s going to take Amano to get through the rest. He’d been working his way through 0.2 and there is a lot of KH3 to cover xD

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I’m just worried about how long it’s going to take Amano to get through the rest. He’d been working his way through 0.2 and there is a lot of KH3 to cover xD

In addition to the the rest of the unaddressed key points from the rest of the saga. I really do feel for him, honestly.

But I sopped this first book up. Amano's funny faces and side commentary amuses me to no end. Yen Press committed a sin not giving us any of his charming colored pages, though.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I know I’m late to the party on the comment about BH6 but I think it is the one that is likely to stay in because of its comic origins, and the fact that it has been made into a manga before and a 2D animated show. There are plenty of references on how to interpret the characters into 2D so it isn’t a problem.

I imagine that if they were to cut any worlds, it would be something like Pooh and Pirates. I think everything else would make it in.

I think the only world getting cut is Pirates. All the others have substantial character moments/lore moments. Amano did some illustrations for the Pixar worlds in said novels and they look great. Not sure where the concern came from outside some Pixar bias.

KH3 didn't have that many Disney worlds, if you guys recall. If they hack and slash Pixar, Big Hero Six, and Pirates that leaves the princess worlds and Pooh...

Elysium

Awards
I think the only world getting cut is Pirates. All the others have substantial character moments/lore moments. Amano did some illustrations for the Pixar worlds in said novels and they look great. Not sure where the concern came from outside some Pixar bias.
Toy Story and Monsters, Inc. have both had hand-drawn merchandise (coloring books, etc.), and they always look horrible. No, I don't like PIXAR either, but at least the 3D princess films in 3 can look decent hand-drawn and, as someone already mentioned, BH6 is based on a comic in the first place (even if the movie itself is bland af).

KH3 didn't have that many Disney worlds, if you guys recall. If they hack and slash Pixar, Big Hero Six, and Pirates that leaves the princess worlds and Pooh...
Since nobody actually suggested slashing all four of those worlds, I think we're safe. I only said if they were going to cut one or two worlds, I'd rather they cut two from among the PIXAR properties and BH6 instead of The Caribbean, not cut all four.....

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Since nobody actually suggested slashing all four of those worlds, I think we're safe. I only said if they were going to cut one or two worlds, I'd rather they cut two from among the PIXAR properties and BH6 instead of The Caribbean, not cut all four.....
Oh! No, this wasn't directed at you solely, just the notion of cutting more than a world or possibly two.

For reference sake, this is what they look like in the novel (Mike and Sulley aren't shown but the monster forms are):

(use the arrows on the sides to flip through)

disney233

Awards
Oh! No, this wasn't directed at you solely, just the notion of cutting more than a world or possibly two.

For reference sake, this is what they look like in the novel (Mike and Sulley aren't shown but the monster forms are):

(use the arrows on the sides to flip through)
Somehow Monster Donald and Goofy look more cursed in than in the actual game. BUT Y'KNOW? Jiminy is...much more relevant in the manga compared to the game. If by chance Toy Box and Monstropolis ends up in the manga...I'm actually curious on how Amano will envision Jiminy in those worlds.

SweetYetSalty

Awards

Anyways! I got my copy of the manga. I’m happy to have it in my collection. I’m just worried about how long it’s going to take Amano to get through the rest. He’d been working his way through 0.2 and there is a lot of KH3 to cover xD
I'm sure even if they wanted to skip Arendelle, Disney has a contract to that they must use Frozen. I will not be shocked if they recreate Let It Go in manga form. I wonder if they have it in the Novel. Haven't read it yet, though Elsa's on the cover of it.

Not gonna lie, part of me wants to skip everything and get to the Keyblade Graveyard so I can get my long awaited Manga RAX reunion, because I'm a filthy selfish RAXer like that. But then I remember there are plenty of things I want to see this version adapt. The KH2 Manga made me love the Disney world stories in KH2 so I can't wait to see the wacky stuff KH3's does.

You have a copy? Jealousy grows in me. Is it all the Olympus chapters? How big is it compared to the other Manga volumes? Any 0.2 stuff in it?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm sure even if they wanted to skip Arendelle, Disney has a contract to that they must use Frozen. I will not be shocked if they recreate Let It Go in manga form. I wonder if they have it in the Novel. Haven't read it yet, though Elsa's on the cover of it.

Not gonna lie, part of me wants to skip everything and get to the Keyblade Graveyard so I can get my long awaited Manga RAX reunion, because I'm a filthy selfish RAXer like that. But then I remember there are plenty of things I want to see this version adapt. The KH2 Manga made me love the Disney world stories in KH2 so I can't wait to see the wacky stuff KH3's does.

You have a copy? Jealousy grows in me. Is it all the Olympus chapters? How big is it compared to the other Manga volumes? Any 0.2 stuff in it?
Let It Go is in the novel. It’s surreal.

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Is it all the Olympus chapters? How big is it compared to the other Manga volumes? Any 0.2 stuff in it?

It's the smallest KH manga Yen Press has localized. Besides a bit of prologue it primarily covers Olympus. Luckily, and even though I enjoyed it, the world is wrapped up by the end of the book, so we can move onto other material. The 0.2 stuff will be covered in the next release.

Back